Now I understand Saddam

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:41 am
True BBB (digression - that always reminds me of football /soccer/ supporters of my favourite team - they call themselves BBB /Bad Blue Boys/), but everybody was acting wrong in Balkan, including EU and UN. I don't know if bigger war criminal is serbian commander that ordered slaughtering of Muslims in Srebrenica, or Dutch UN troops commander that watched it silently
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:50 am
BBB
There is lots of blame to go around for everyone involved. The key is to learn from mistakes and not repeat them there or elsewhere.

BBB
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
Tarantulas: "Your young man is mistaken about one thing. Most Iraqis do support "
How do you know? He's got a birds eye view, and this is what he sees, so ? I just tend to put more stock into what someone who is there and has no agenda tells me.
"To suggest that Saddam's return would be a good thing for the people" (I didn't.)
and Jim: "If the Iraqis aren't willing to turn in the foreign troublemakers in their midst, and if the reconstituted Iraqi Army isn't willing to fight to put down the thugs, then to Hell with them."
I'm just making the point that seems prevalent over there. I'm wondering if perhaps they (Iraqis) could have eventually fought this war themselves, making their own decisions about how and when to replace him. Yes, it would have been very hard, yet other nations have done it. Sadly, with us doing it, things are worse for the Iraqi people at the moment. This may change, and hopefully for the better, depending on who is put in charge later.

The scorecard so far is over 700 US dead, over 3,000 wounded (many severely) and at a US cost of, what, about a hundred billion dollars up to now? And the results thus far appear to be: Iraqi's don't want or appreciate our help, how many thousands dead? and an uprising of a bunch of lethal fanatics who don't like anybody, and a surge in terrorism, as predicted.
I say we cut our losses and turn it over to the UN.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:20 pm
The UN isent as stupid as Bush. They dont want anything to do with Iraq.
0 Replies