5

Does life seem boring or depressing in your 20's

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 10:50 pm
Has any one or is any one currently suffering from boredom, depression, or hopelessness in their twenties?

Sturgis

3  
Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 11:02 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Several eons ago when I was in my 20s I was suitably depressed. Of course it didn't help that I was drinking excessively and had no idea what a social life was. At the time, the booze was my best friend and occasionally I hooked up with a compatriot who enjoyed booze as much as I. That seemed like romance to me (booze can twist the brain).

As to depression and boredom, well now, they are different things. Boredom can be relieved with any number of activities. Depression? Is it genuine depression or are you just feeling down due to the boredom? Either way, it might help to get someone to talk this over with. A therapist or psychiatrist can offer an ear and might be able to give some guidance.

You didn't indicate what you currently do to occupy your time, or if you are currently employed, so I'm not sure what else to say here. Wishing you the best as you sort through this.
anonymously99stwin

-1  
Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 12:36 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Mother Teresa is often confused my friend.

Lordyaswas

5  
Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:45 am
You may take offence at this post, but I don't really care.

I worked an average six day week, eleven hour day through most of my twenties, so was too damned tired to get bored or depressed.
When I had some free time, I used to sleep.

I'd have loved an opportunity to be bored during my twenties. Saying that, if it actually happened I would get off my arse and go and do something.

People who get bored easily are usually boring people, I find.

1  
Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 09:51 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Depression happens to manifest for a lot of people in their 20's.

Adulthood + adult responsibilities + low wage/very limited security job + depression + not enough money for social/personal activities = hopelessness.

Depression in ones twenties is loosely referred to as a quarter life crisis. Definitely a difficult time! Sad
LiveLoughLaugh24

1  
Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2014 08:56 am
@Sturgis,
Well currently I work full time Monday through Friday and attend the local community college in my town part time. Those two things are enough to keep me busy but I feel like I'm not thriving ...in fact from being so busy and working and studying I find that on my spare time im so stinkin tired i loose interest in going out although I do want to get out more frequently

LiveLoughLaugh24

1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks for your input ;-)

Well, when I initially wrote this post, I was working full-time, Monday through Friday. After work, I was going straight home. I eventually figured out that the monotony of the work week was what was causing boredom. So I figured trying different things randomly after work would help and it did.

Now, I am un-employed, and have been for about six months. I go to school twice a week and some-times go out with my boy-friend once he gets out of work.

Still bored....

LiveLoughLaugh24

1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:57 pm
Awe, thanks for sympathizing. Sad

GorDie

1  
Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:24 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Hopelessness, depression and boredom. Yep.
I am 25. got all 3 symptoms.

I can explain them however, unlike most people,
and I refuse to acknowledge when people do not admit they are the same causes of everyone's depression, boredom, and hopelessness.
It would depress you though.

I am looking for penpals. So. think of that. I am looking fro study buddies, travel partners, business partners, friends, and compatriots.