Coalition of the whining still wrong on Iraq

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:28 am
Revel, you also need to trust what your eyes don't show you. Things like the entire rest of the country that aren't fanatics and not protesting. I see it all the time where those that openly support the US end up mysteriously dead. Therefore, I do not expect to see large pro-US rallies.

The UN came in and said that elections could not reliably be held at that time. That's why they have been set up for next January. The country's basic ARE being taken care of and they ARE getting the attention they need. What do you think Haliburton is doing? The problem right now is that Iraq was under Sunni rule so long that now the Shia think they now rule the entirety of Iraq. We can't allow the entire population to come under a dictatorship again. That's why the governing council has a representation from all the major populations in Iraq. To assure that someone like Saddam cannot rise to power again.
0 Replies

infowarrior

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:48 am
McGentrix offers, "The country's basic ARE being taken care of and they ARE getting the attention they need."

Maybe you can get a copy of this silly opinion to the third of the population of Fallujah (now 120,000) who are refugees and living in tents in Baghdad, unable to occupy their own homes for fear they will be slaughtered by the US military.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:07 am
MGM, I am not going to trust what my eyes don't show me if that means that I got to believe what others are saying is happening who have already been wrong (or lied) already concerning all this.

If it is impractical to hold elections then they shouldn't have a governing council that is not elected by the people, they may as well be honest and say that "we are running the country" what good is the Iraqi governing council other than a puppet to give an illusion that the US is not running the country?

As for Halliburton, don't even get me started. There have been reliable witnesses that have talked about how that company has ripped off our own military I can just imagine the fine job they are doing at rebuilding Iraq and from what I can see on TV, I don't see all those improvements that people keep going on about. Or are people hiding the improvements along with the WMD?

The majority of the people are shiites (however you spell that) so they should have a big say in their country. That is called a democracy.

I think that John Kerry is right, we should turn over all control and interest over to anyone that will take it nato or the UN and just be on hand to fix and help whatever needs fixing since we started it. At least that way the world can be sure that it is not a US territory when the Iraqi's finally are ready to take control and hold elections.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 07:43 am
I'm thinking that probably is the way we should go.
I've seen a couple of stories that say that the US troops are seen as rather brutal and that the Iraqis prefer the Brits. If true, seems like an attitude thing more than anything else.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:34 am
infowarrior wrote:
McGentrix offers, "The country's basic ARE being taken care of and they ARE getting the attention they need."

Maybe you can get a copy of this silly opinion to the third of the population of Fallujah (now 120,000) who are refugees and living in tents in Baghdad, unable to occupy their own homes for fear they will be slaughtered by the US military.

Way to keep an eye on the big picture.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 12:09 pm
McG, are you and the rest of the rah rah supporters of the Iraq war ready to contribute more than just lip service and help pay for it, or are you just willing to go along with the Bush administration and let the next generation be stuck with the bill? The cost estimates have just gone up again with the request for another 20,000 troops. Let's see, maybe if we cut capital gains all together that will generate enough new revenue.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:35 pm
mesquite:

Problem is the next generation may still be FIGHTING this war, see:

http://www.thestar.ca/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_PrintFriendly&c=Article&cid=1082585410964&call_pageid=968332188854
0 Replies