Anyone watch the Superbowl?

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 09:55 am
To my horror -- I go on this site today and not one post for the Superbowl!!!

Have we all gone insane here? The biggest game each year! And for those non-sports fans - the biggest commercial day of the year!

Are you all nuts?

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 09:59 am
@Linkat,

there were no new threads created this year, but if you follow the Football tag, there was some (not much) discussion about it...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:32 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

No.

For me, if the Patriots aren't in it, then it doesn't even exist.
Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:57 am
@rosborne979,
Well me too being a New Englander of course and living not too far from Foxboro.

But it is still a good game to watch.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:21 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
But it is still a good game to watch.

Eh, this year, not so much. But I did watch the whole thing. The bad guys won.
boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:23 am
I caught the second half. Mr B and Mo are huge Seahawks fans so it was pandemonium around here.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:26 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Linkat wrote:

No.

For me, if the Patriots aren't in it, then it doesn't even exist.

Ditto that. Embarrassed
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:44 am
No, I kept the restaurant open but let most of my people go home, as we expected to be slow. This meant me working.

I did watch a bunch of the ads online, the ads usually being more interesting to me than the game....I was not impressed.
Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:37 pm
@Ticomaya,
I thought the good guys won - considering Seattle has never won a superbowl and all the odds were against them.

There had to have been lots of great stats - like quickest score in a superbowl. I just couldn't believe how lucky Seattle was (was it luck) -- seemed they were destined to win with all the turnovers. It was almost like the ball just kept falling in their hands.

Anyone else enjoy the mess up with the coin toss?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@boomerang,
That must have been fun for them....we have alot of family in the Seattle area and seeing they were underdogs I had to root for them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
I personally liked the time machine and the "full house" commercial -- glad the kids were asleep for that one--especially since they love full house.
boomerang

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:42 pm
I also like Bruno Mars doing a full on James Brown style show.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:22 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I also like Bruno Mars doing a full on James Brown style show.

The reviews are great, but I also have read accounts that the red hot chilli.peppers got by far the most audience participation. Bruno mars is too feminine for football half time I think, which the show runners eventually figured out thus added the peppers.

I have not watched it yet, but will.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:27 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I personally liked the time machine and the "full house" commercial -- glad the kids were asleep for that one--especially since they love full house.

These commercials are supposed to be the best that madison ave can do....at these prices and reach. I have seen nothing that either really hooked me or that seemed fresh. Uninspired.
Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes I liked Bruno Mars -- also the red hot chili peppers - my kids didn't like the peppers. I guess too old for them.

Maybe Bruno was to bring in attraction to others to watch the show.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
It seems the beer commercial won again - the puppy with the horses. As I watching the game and commercial, I made mention there were not many animal commercials (at that time the only one was the bull/cow one).

There were no monkey commercials -- monkeys are always funny.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:41 pm
@Linkat,
Not that they will sell more beer of course....the piss water beer market is in free fall.

The go daddy and fiat (nee Chrysler) commercials this year were especially weak.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:47 pm
@Linkat,
Bruno mars was clearly an attempt to draw young and female....that is who advertisers want most, but you cant offend middle aged guys to do it, ei those who do the most to support the gate take all season. Young people dont go to games, post crash they mostly cant afford it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:58 pm
@Ticomaya,
AARRRGHH!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:03 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I guess the time machine commercial was shot by someone here in Scottsdale with a budget of $300. He didn't know he won until it was aired at the Super Bowl. He won $1,000,000.