Where are all of the SOTU Threads?

revelette2

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:14 am
@Baldimo,
I am not sure if I have just have a bad way of expressing myself or some of you have a serious reading comprehension problem. The fourth amendment deals privacy rights and the like and it is that I was talking about which changed with the patriot act with only "lefties" complaining uselessly about it for a while. Then I guess we all just got used to it.

Quote:
Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I get my insurance through my husband's employer, it hasn't changed too much other than some things being covered that wasn't before, (preventive care stuff.)

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:44 am
A little fuel for the fire...

Employees in Pennsylvania Company Learn of Increased Health Costs Due to Obamacare.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 10:49 am
@parados,
Quote:
That's what insurance does.

Not anymore, insurance does what the government tells them to. Which they have no business doing. And we are seeing the results.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 01:00 pm
@McGentrix,
A pail of water on the subterfuge
Quote:
(To that end,) Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), the House Republican Conference chair, used her party’s official response to the State of the Union to highlight a woman in her home state who, she claimed, was better off before the law.

“Not long ago, I got a letter from Bette in Spokane, who had hoped the president’s health care law would save her money, but found out instead her premiums were going up nearly $700 a month…. No, we shouldn’t go back to the way things were, but this law is not working.”

Almost immediately, red flags went up among those who follow the health care debate closely. And for good reason: over the last several months, Republicans and their allies have put a spotlight on quite a few “Obamacare victims,” but the stories invariably fell apart after modest scrutiny.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/bette-spokane
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 02:15 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
“Obamacare victims,” but the stories invariably fell apart after modest scrutiny.

Turn on the television. You will see another one. How do the stories fall apart?
Aren't they paying for what they don't want?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 02:36 pm
@panzade,
Millions are better off, but let's repeal the law because Bette can't buy her snake oil anymore....

lmao.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 04:05 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Millions are better off,

Our population is over 300 million. We could have done much better.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 04:49 pm
@DrewDad,
But millions more who had no problems with their insurance are now worse off. It's costing us more money then before. Almost double in my case. All the Dems did was spread the pain.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:33 pm
Just got my first bill. $270 a month less with the same coverage as we had at $450. We = my wife and myself.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 12:01 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Just got my first bill. $270 a month less with the same coverage as we had at $450. We = my wife and myself.

You must not make much money. Or are very old.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Wasent talking to you waterman. I try not to talk to people who stretch the truth out of shape.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:34 pm
@RABEL222,
When you post on a forum, you talk to everyone. That is how forums work.
0 Replies