Where are all of the SOTU Threads?

revelette2

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 07:19 am
@Baldimo,
My insurance hasn't changed since Obamacare, so I guess it is working out fine.
revelette2

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 07:29 am
@Brandon9000,
I guess I worded it poorly but I responding to McGentrix who said both the second and fourth amendment rights are being taken away, I agreed with the fourth but not the second as one being taken away.

However, I must say that the second has been taken away with the public's consent since 9/11 and the patriot act. Not sure why everyone acts as though this all new other than we now know the details of it all.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:23 am
@revelette2,
Well my insurance didn't change either, it almost doubled in price. So much for cost savings under the ACA. I was lied to.

9/11 and the Patriot Act had an effect on people's gun rights? Since when?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:35 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
My insurance hasn't changed since Obamacare, so I guess it is working out fine.

Don't you mean it has not changed yet? The law has a lot more surprises in store.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:47 am
@Joe Nation,
What about the cost saving Joe? My insurance has gone up $200 a month thanks to the ACA. We still don't have enough people to pay for the ACA, due to the young healthy people not buying the insurance like we were told they would.

Here is some fact check for ya on the speech:

http://www.factcheck.org/2014/01/facts-of-the-union/

They talk about that 8 million jobs created and a few other issues.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:54 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
My insurance has gone up $200 a month thanks to the ACA.

Hate to break it to you, but health insurance costs were skyrocketing prior to the ACA, too. Please provide evidence that the increase is due to the ACA.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:59 am
@DrewDad,
Every year my insurance has gone up about $20 to maybe $50 per month. This is the first year that I have seen a massive jump in the price of my insurance.

If you can't honestly say that the costs going up are due to the new regulations, then you are not an honest person. This was the first year with all the new mandates and regulations. Do you not see a cost and effect in this?

How about "If you like your plan you can keep it. Period." Lie!
DrewDad

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:14 am
@Baldimo,
There were a lot of scam plans out there, that can't scam people anymore. That's one of the reasons we need to regulate the insurance industry.

I suspect your coverage was sub-par to begin with. What good is an insurance policy that doesn't help you when you need it?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:16 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
. What good is an insurance policy that doesn't help you when you need it?
about the same as an insurance policy that you cant afford to use because you cant pay the deductible.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:23 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
How about "If you like your plan you can keep it. Period." Lie!

I was reading an analysis that just 2% of plans at the time conformed to ObamaCare coverage mandates, so ya, that was a lie.

BTW I am watching with interest the developing story that it might turn out that in the first year Obamacare will result in NOT ONE SINGLE more American with insurance coverage than would have been the case without it. That would be a devastating indictment on ObamaCare. And we will know before the election.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 11:57 am
@DrewDad,
You have to guess it was a bad plan to justify a shitty program. It was the same plan I have had for the last several years, by the same company. Don't guess what I'm saying, listen to what I'm telling you. Same everything, but regulations in the ACA have driven up the cost.

My soon to be ex-wife had 2 different surgeries on the plan, and my son got a hearing implant on the plan. It was good and did what we needed it for. Now my cost has almost doubled for the same plan. Face the facts, this is real pain by a real person. None of your "justifications" will change that fact. Had the ACA not been passed, I would have seen a small monthly jump of about $20-$50 a month, not $200. So I am now spending $2000 more a year then I was the previous year on the same insurance. Thank you ACA!

9 million people have signed up for insurance since the ACA started. About 5 million of those people already had insurance but the plans got cancelled due to the changes in the ACA. Only about 2 million paying customers have signed up for insurance, the balance of the #'s comes down to people getting free insurance that does nothing to prop up the ACA. Facts are facts. The ACA is a mess, and Obama proves it is a mess every time he delays another aspect of the law.
panzade

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the developing story that it might turn out that in the first year Obamacare will result in NOT ONE SINGLE more American with insurance coverage than would have been the case without it.

That's absurd bro.
I know a half dozen people that couldn't get coverage before Obamacare, including me, and have subsequently signed up.

Quote:
That would be a devastating indictment on ObamaCare. And we will know before the election.

People seem to think Obamacare was foisted on the American people by the Dems in their effort to win an election, but it was enacted with the help of Republicans and a pretty conservative Supreme Court.
Obama has always pointed out that it will take a while for the health plan to find it's legs; years probably.
The fact that you want it to fail shows a mean-spirited disregard for the Americans that are in a class below you and are counting on the plan to help them lead a healthy and long life.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:05 pm
@panzade,
There was not one GOP vote to pass the ACA, it was all Dems all the time.
panzade

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:17 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes. I misspoke. Mea Culpa bro.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

I was reading an analysis that just 2% of plans at the time conformed to ObamaCare coverage mandates, so ya, that was a lie.

ROFLMAO... that has to be one of the most idiotic use of statistics I have ever seen.
6 million people lost insurance because they didn't conform. So the 2% argument would mean about 6.12 million people had insurance in 2013. What planet do you live in hawk?
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
My soon to be ex-wife had 2 different surgeries on the plan, and my son got a hearing implant on the plan. It was good and did what we needed it for. Now my cost has almost doubled for the same plan.

It could be the cost went up because your wife had 2 surgeries and your son an implant.

Quote:
9 million people have signed up for insurance since the ACA started. About 5 million of those people already had insurance but the plans got cancelled due to the changes in the ACA.
We don't know if the 9 million number is new sign ups or if it includes the 5 million who may have had plans canceled. Don't make up numbers Baldimo.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:27 pm
@parados,
So 6 million people had insurance that they were told they could keep. The President lied to them. Their plans changed and they were not able to keep their plans.

Why does a 50 year old man that had a vasectomy or a 60 year old women that has gone through menopause need birth control coverage? It is now mandated that everyone has to carry birth control coverage, why? They don't need it, and will never use it. But they have to pay for it.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:35 pm
@Baldimo,
It's called insurance Baldimo. You pay for the group coverage even if you will never need it. Why does a woman have to pay for testicular cancer coverage? Why does a man have to pay for ovarian cancer coverage? You could keep going on and on. What you are proposing is coverage that is so piecemeal that the purchaser would never be able to tell what was covered until they needed it.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:41 pm
@parados,
That is where you are wrong. There is no such thing as cancer coverage. Cancer is a sickness not a coverage plan. The federal govt has now mandated such coverage, which should be left up to the person purchasing a plan. You call it piecemeal, but I call it paying for what you will need and being forced to pay for things you don't.

The private insurance companies had such piecemeal plans for these type of people. You can't have babies, no problem, we won't change you for something you will never need. That is the way insurance should be done. Forcing people to pay for things they will never need is BS and you know it.

How long until they do the same thing with car insurance? Require everyone to carry full coverage insurance in the off chance you get into an accident. It's good for everyone right?
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:45 pm
@Baldimo,
Actually, they do already require it for car insurance. You can't buy car insurance that doesn't cover the back bumper.