Where are all of the SOTU Threads?

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 12:51 pm
@parados,
You can by different types of auto insurance.

1. Liability Insurance
2. Collision Coverage
3. Comprehensive Coverage
4. Personal Injury Protection
5. Uninsured /Underinsured Motorist Protection

You can't by different types of health insurance to fit your needs. That choice has been taken from us, because the Govt "knows" better then you do what you need and what you can afford.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 01:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

I was reading an analysis that just 2% of plans at the time conformed to ObamaCare coverage mandates, so ya, that was a lie.

ROFLMAO... that has to be one of the most idiotic use of statistics I have ever seen.
6 million people lost insurance because they didn't conform. So the 2% argument would mean about 6.12 million people had insurance in 2013. What planet do you live in hawk?

Plans either got cancelled or they got changed to meet government demands, but the changed plans were most certainly "not the insurance they had before", while they carried the same name the are different more expensive plans.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 01:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your statement would mean that 98% of the plans got canceled or changed.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 01:35 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
You can't by different types of health insurance to fit your needs.

Yes, you can by[sic] different types of health insurance. The website lists silver, gold and platinum and you can get even more coverage if you want. Google Cadillac health plan.
No state will let you carry $10 liability insurance which is what you are complaining about. They have minimum requirements of what coverage you are required to carry.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 01:43 pm
@parados,
We have less freedom to chose our health insurance then we used to. The govt mandate removes choice. Sure you can choose a level of coverage, but you can't tailor that plan to meet your needs. True Freedom of choice is gone, and has been replaced by govt mandates of what they think you need.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:32 pm
@Baldimo,
That's pure horseshit.

You can find more companies (PRIVATE, not government agencies) offering more plans with more levels that anyone had access to before the ACA.

You have a complete lack of understanding of how the Obamacare works.

The only thing that ACA has limited? Shitty plans that aren't really insurance. A friend of mine had hers cancelled and I thought her head was going to come off, she was so angry, but when we went to look for insurance on the exchange , she found out the 'coverage' she had been paying for for years wouldn't have covered anything other than injuries received in a natural disaster.

She now has actual health insurance, coverage to see a doctor of her choice and , if she is admitted to a hospital, coverage for that as well. Emergency care is covered, too. Guess what? She paying almost $290.00 less for the greater coverage.

She was like you, Baldimo, as long as she was angry she thought the system was somehow stacked against and she wouldn't even look at the exchange until we just about forced her to. (Her mom made her do it)

Oh, and the other thing you should know, she no longer watches FoxNews because she conscious at the depth of their lies on this subject.

Joe( now you stop too, please)Nation
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:35 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

You are so smart!

Except due to a rule change most of the employer plans will not change till the end of this year.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

We have less freedom to chose our health insurance then we used to. The govt mandate removes choice. Sure you can choose a level of coverage, but you can't tailor that plan to meet your needs. True Freedom of choice is gone, and has been replaced by govt mandates of what they think you need.

Good lord. Call the whaaaaaambulance.

I hear the Cuyahoga River is much less flammable, today, while we're discussing the merits of regulation.

Shall we discuss whether it's better to have baby formula that kills babies, the way they did in China?

This is a fun game.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:16 pm
@DrewDad,
You are giving a false choice DD. Why is it either all or nothing with you guys? Either we have what Obama and the Dems have "gifted" us with, or nothing? So because I'm getting fucked in this ACA deal, and others are not, I should be quiet? **** you old man!

You can't even be honest about the lies that were told. At no time during the years leading up to the ACA, did they say "You can keep your plan if it meets the new standards". That was never mentioned and now we know why. You guys keep lying for the ACA. It is a mess and you know it.

What are you paying for insurance DD? Do you have a private plan, an employer plan? Or are you sucking off the govt tit ACA plans?
Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
@DrewDad,
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them think!"
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:25 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
"You can keep your plan if your company chooses to change it to meet the new standards"

fixed
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:27 pm
@Ragman,
Tell me again how the sign up goes? 9 million people have signed up and at least 5 million of those people already had insurance. How many people have signed up for Medicare, which is going to be a net suck on the money resources required for the ACA to function properly? You guys and your dreams. The only benefit of the ACA is about 2 million people who didn't have insurance now have insurance. So 2 million people have benefited at the cost of how many others?
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
9 million people have selected a plan that they would buy if they decided to buy insurance on the exchange

fixed.

Washington and the "journalists" have totally corrupted the english language in pursuit of their agenda. "signed up" here most certainly does not mean " agreed to do", which is its meaning in the real world.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are right. We should be asking how many people are actually paying for insurance. The way things stand now, we have had more people sign up for free insurance (medicaid) then have signed up for paying plans.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

parados wrote:

You are so smart!

Except due to a rule change most of the employer plans will not change till the end of this year.

Care to bet? I will bet you any amount you want that 98% of the company plans will not be canceled or changed next year. In fact I'll bet that 50% of people covered under company plans will see no cancellations or changes beyond the average of the last 20 years.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Tell me again how the sign up goes? 9 million people have signed up and at least 5 million of those people already had insurance.

Really? Care to show us where you got that statistic?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:19 pm
@parados,
The private plans that were cancelled? You don't think they included those people into the enrollment #'s? We haven't seen any #'s that tell us how many of those 9 million DIDN'T have insurance.
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 04:32 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The private plans that were cancelled? You don't think they included those people into the enrollment #'s?

We have no way of knowing how many just bought different plans and aren't in the numbers. Making your argument on the basis of a guess seems pretty weak, don't you think?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 12:19 am
@parados,
Quote:
We have no way of knowing how many just bought different plans

There are no different plans unless dollar wise is what you mean. All cover things the majority of people will never need.
parados

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 07:59 am
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

There are no different plans unless dollar wise is what you mean. All cover things the majority of people will never need.

That's what insurance does. If everyone used it for the exact same things equally then it wouldn't be insurance.