Coronary angioplasty, or balloon angioplasty

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:15 pm
Last week I had this procedure but over my protests that it was just a panic attack. What a trip, really I mean trip.

After the procedure I had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days cause I have no one to take care of me Sad Secondly I missed the Floridia trip for the second time in a year Confused

The only good part was the Valium IV.

My question is now what - they did not find a thing wrong and my upper thigh is sore where they inserted the tube Mad so now what?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,971 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:37 pm
Joanne- If it were me, I would be happy that the test was negative. If you are so sure that what you had was a panic attack, IMO, you need to find a professional who deals with that kind of condition!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:40 pm
Well I but she was out of town and did not leave a back up doc.

My BP was like 200/96 or something. What could I do they had me in the emergency room, I called them. I felt it best left up to the doctor. But still it seemed like a wierd thing to do.

I had no pain.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:56 pm
JD
not doing bad mine was 210/190 - YIKES
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:58 pm
Husker- Do you have that BP under control now? That is a very dangerous reading.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 02:04 pm
yeah - it was just stress - and oh a head-ache - monster migraine - hand-in-hand - they did an MRI at about the very moment they took the BP for the about 6th time.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:43 pm
No MRI for me but yes the headache and monster migraine and now the soreness plus feeling weird from the goofy juice.

Normally I can get my BP down throught relaxation methods and self hypnois.

Husker do you think they just gave me a run for the insurance money?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:06 pm
I assume you mean an angiogram, since angioplasty is used to treat a blockage - they inflate the balloon in the area that is blocked by plaque.

Given the risks inherent in angiography, I would assume that they must have believed the diagnostic test was necessary, or they would not have performed it! At least I hope so!

It is good that you have clear coronary arteries.

I assume that your doctor will be sent info from the hospital. If it was a panic attack, then I assume you have good info on dealing wiht this?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:22 pm
Well it was not panic unless it was a new kind I never had before and I did what a good deal of time before I called any one.

And you are right the just check me out, I was clear, and that was that. Well sort of. I have to go back tomorrow for more tests and stuff.

But I gotta tell you I was scared.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:24 pm
Joanne! That must have been scary.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:29 pm
Ya very scary until the started the valium drip. The doc told me I was awake during the procdure but I swear I cannot remember a thing.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:30 pm
wow!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:41 pm
What more tests? - if you want to say...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:15 am
More blood work, another stress test, and I do not know what else.

Heart problems are the only historic health problems in my family. My father died of a heart attack and my mom had one when she was 62. In addition there are various Aunts and Uncles who have suffered from heart disease.

Actually I think that is the concern, the medical history. It makes me wonder if they, my folks, had lived in current times if they would have had a better go of it.

BTW, for the first time in a long time I feel pretty good today. And I slept my usual nine straight last night.
0 Replies