Skeletons in Frist's closet.

au1929

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 06:47 pm
Bill Frist will almost certainly be elected as the senate majority leader to replace Trent Lott.
But Frist may have a few skeletons in the closet of his own. HCA, the largest hospital chain in the country, is run by Frist’s brother and was founded by his father. Frist himself owns millions in Columbia/HCA stock, kept in a blind trust. And even though Columbia/HCA had an obvious stake in the outcome of both the Congressional Medicare commission’s work and the patients’ bill of rights legislation, Frist didn’t withdraw from either debate. In fact, the Tennessee senator took a leadership role in both instances. Meanwhile, Columbia/HCA had been the focus of the government’s longest-running health care fraud inquiry. On Wednesday, HCA announced an $880 million settlement with the Justice Department.
should the republicans keep looking?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/850513.asp?0cv=KB20
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:01 pm
nah Bush and Rove already selected their man, its all over now, baby blue.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 07:33 pm
I think some of the skeleton's aren't even in the closet yet!

http://www.buzzflash.com/buzzscripts/buzz.dll/sub3
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:03 pm
The closets of every Republican senator are filled with skeletons. Dr. Frist is far from one singular sensation.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 10:19 pm
William, almost everyone's closet hides something. The question is what can Frist accomplish that Lott couldn't? What was there about Lott that President Bush (Rove & others)viewed as limiting the scope of their plans/programs, etc.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 11:19 pm
Well, surprise, surprise! Here's Frist. Is the WH getting more arrogant in its selections now? Kissinger, Webster, the one-day naming of Dole. I heard Frist speak tonight, and he is not the most captivating speaker. I wonder if Lott's nose will be enough out of joint so he will say or do something. He's never struck me as a forgiving man.

But my early Christmas present from my conservative son...he think's Bush will be a one-term president, This is a switch in thinking from six months ago. See, I raised him right!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:32 am
Smile ...well, if you say so.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2002 01:43 pm
I have no idea, mapleleaf, although I have my fingers crossed and do all the ritual dances. But my son, who has been quite conservative and touting Bush, really surprised me. He thinks the Iraqi war is lost whether we do a military thing or not, and he also thinks the economy is going to be a killer. And, this is what all the people he's connected with think. So I don't know what to think.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:03 am
Attention all:

Debate guidelines for the Politics Forum have now been put in place. Please read and abide by them.

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2594
0 Replies