Full Blown Uprising in Iraq!

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:55 pm
It may come next week. If the US troops go into Najav, a large perentage of the Shi'ites will rise up in revolt against the Occupation. There are 15 Million. I only 10% go out with weapons to fight the Occupiers that would bbe 1.5 Million It will probably be more like 25 to 40 %. That would probably be the end of the Occupation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 794 • Replies: 14
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:07 pm
Press reports say he flew the coop. The US would be mad to go in there if he's gone. The clerics and Iran will protect him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:13 pm
pistoff, What would you do if you were the president in this pickle?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:16 pm
Yeah
Yeah the US would be insane to do so!
I wouldn't discount them doing so though.
I am in suspense now. Damn, gotta wait 'till
Monday to find out.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 12:16 am
I am afraid a full blown uprising is a distinct possibility.

Notwithstanding the Bush administration's 'Happy talk' and 'Whistling in the dark', it looks like their
ideologically-driven plans are unravelling.

I fear for, and pray for our troops and civilians of various countries who are likely to be in even more difficult circumstances than they are now.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 01:08 am
Shocking. I never - not in my wildest dreams - imagined that something like this might happen. Religious based opposition to the occupation? It was completely unforseeable.

Clearly, we are in some kind of bizarro world. Up is down and down is up! By now, according to conventional wisdom, there should be a McDonalds on every street corner and half-naked models selling lipstick should have replaced Saddam on every billboad.

Please. Rolling Eyes

For God's sake, they've even driven me to use a smiley.

If intelligence were expressed as a ratio of effort to intellectual capacity, the mental midgets in the Bush administration would come out on top. But it isn't. And, sadly, I have more brains and forsight than the Pentagon and Whitehouse combined.

It is just mind boggling how consistantly the Bush administration has been downright wrong on almost every level imaginable - from their cost assessments, to their farcical allegations of terrorist links and imaginary WMD's, to their initial opposition to internationalization, to their hasty declaration of victory, to their inability to forsee and neutralize the growing dangers of fundamentalism.

[/rant]
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 01:29 am
IronLionZion

They are not all stupid, but they ARE nearly all idealogues, and those that aren't (eg. Colin Powell) lack the courage of their convictions.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:07 am
IronLionZion wrote:
I have more brains and forsight than the Pentagon and Whitehouse combined.

How amazing, that an entire Presidential administration would be less intelligend than a single person posting on the Internet.

Delusions of grandeur, anyone?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 04:17 am
What?
What would I do? I presume you mean regarding al Sadr?

I would negotiate. First thing I would ofer to pay him for destroying his office and finance his newspaper somewhat. The price would be part of the negotiation. I would grant amnesty to him and all of his troops and release his associate.

On his part he would have to assure on paper that his troops would not attack in Occupation members or reconstruction workers.

It would all be more detailed but that is the basic plan.

I would then send an emmisary to al Sastani and work out and interim Govt. with him and the people he would recommend. Sunnis and Kurds would need to be part of this Interim Govt. Various regions could elect their own Mayors. All parties could register and a Parlimentary form of Govt could be talked about or another form could be discussed , as well. It would have to be inclusive to all offical parties, defintely a multi-party sytem, not like the USA with a two party system. A written promise would need to be part of the negotiation regarding US Corps and other Multi- Corps regarding their rights in Iraq. I am not a Govt expert so I can only offer real basic ideas.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 05:49 am
I am little late in reading the Clark book and I have only gotten to the first few chapters, but as far I have gotten it is clear that what pistoff suggested would not fit in with their overall plan to change the middle east into what they think it should be.

There is just so much wrong with that whole way of thinking that I can't even get into it.

I personally don't see a happy ending no matter who becomes president and makes decisions. However, Bush has got to go. IMO he is insane.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:04 am
Do you know this guy is only about 24 years old and was relatively insignificant until he was singled out for special attention.

Create a martyr, we got a worse problem.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:08 am
Closed
It seemed to have started by closing down his newpaper and arresting one of his associates. Another stupid Bremmer move.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 09:34 am
Tarantulas wrote:
IronLionZion wrote:
I have more brains and forsight than the Pentagon and Whitehouse combined.

How amazing, that an entire Presidential administration would be less intelligend than a single person posting on the Internet.

Delusions of grandeur, anyone?

It really is amazing. Really, it is. And sad.

Want proof?

Look throught the UN, US & Iraq threads over the past year or so.

Notice how the prominant liberal posters predicted nearly every turn of events thus far - lack of WMD's and terrorist connections, the sunni/shi'ite divide, religious based post-war opposition, etc, etc, etc. I know I certainly did.

In fact, these things were and are clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence and knowledge. Only a chunk of one nation on the planet - America - has deluded themselves to the point of believing this invasion was justified.

They adopt a stance that goes against the foundations of logic and reason and then call it 'conservatism' rather than what is actually is: naked stupidity.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:41 am
Does any one else here see something like the Iranian revolution?
Sure looks like it too me.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:56 am
IronLionZion wrote:

They adopt a stance that goes against the foundations of logic and reason and then call it 'conservatism' rather than what is actually is: naked stupidity.

It seems to me more like bluster to support the unjustifiable.

Some conservatives are not stupid at all. But they depand on the loyal, trusting ones to keep them in power.

This has been the blackest chapter in American history. Illegal, immoral action in furtherance of a drive to control the world's oil supplies; supported by a lie to the loyal, gullible, trusting public. Abuse of people's natural feelings of patriotism. "Liberating" people by killing them. A war for peace.

George Orwell had it about right.
0 Replies