The Moveon.org Bake Sale

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:26 pm
I participated in the moveon.org bake sale this morning. I live in an upper income town just north and slightly to the west of Boston where the main employers are Harvard, MIT and the hospitals. The town is fairly evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.

I heard of the sale from moveon itself but their website was slow. Someone running another sale in Cambridge emailed me and had a link to the national sale that worked more smoothly. I found a sale in my town, baked some of my chocolate bread and went there this morning.

Some folks gave the thumbs down sign -- glad it wasn't the finger! The was conservatives are today, I was afraid and so had my cell in my pocket.

the day went well, however, and I am glad I did it. Has anyone else anything to report from the same event? What are you doing to defeat bush?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 896 • Replies: 4
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 01:58 pm
I was the guy in the crowd, wearing the straw hat, that was giving you the thumbs up sign.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:13 pm
There were four today in Houston; the one closest to me (in Rice Village) had 38 bakers and helpers registered.

I regret I did not make there, as I am still recuperating from my vacation.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 05:16 pm
No bake sales in this neck of the woods. I sent a small donation to MoveOn, instead.

Is anyone else venerable enough to remember the t-shirt, "...and the air force will have to hold bake sales to buy a bomber"?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
I remember that tee shirt. I also remember War is unhealthy for children and other growing things.

Went to the ceremony at which the Union of Concerned Scientists presented an award to Congressman Ed Markey, Monday, which was Patriot's Day in Massachusetts. Had to drive past the re-enactment of Revere's Ride to get to the ceremony. Appropriate! Markey really exposed administration lies in his address.
0 Replies