Drooping on one side of face

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:23 am
@contrex,
How instructive. I took three years of italian classes myself. I chose the name within five minutes of looking up different italian food words, a long time interest of mine. All the ones I looked up at first were taken (this was at the NY Times abuzz site). I happen to like Modena, the area that ossobuco originated in, as well as the dish, which I did order at a Modena restaurant. I was aware that the word is has a masculine letter ending. I don't care that you have taken me as male all this time. I considered changing the name early on, but I am known by it, so it stays.

I wasn't accusing you, I was just telling you the information that I am female.
Defensive much?
contrex

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:46 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Defensive much?

One gets like that around here...
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:56 pm
@contrex,
So Contrex, do you know a lot of Italian men named Veal Shanks? By the way, usians is not a term Americans would find flattering. Unless you hope to insult someone, I think you should drop that term while posting in an international forum.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:33 pm
@contrex,
I understand. And - I have an underlying secret sense of humor. Or humour.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:48 pm
@glitterbag,
There was a bru ha ha about the word, I dunno, maybe three or four years ago.

Me, I call myself for a while u.s. american, as I get it that the americas cover more territory than the u.s. But I stopped with that.

It's odd, I'm fond of my country while aware of negs but I'm always scanning the world, have been since 4th grade, so I care about a lot of places. This brings up football - I keep seeing on the u.s. football stuff I've been watching today that people excoriate others for not liking their home team - and back in Los Angeles, the home teams were never a favorite of mine, except the one from my school.

Nobody has mentioned my username and the possible titillating meaning re bone holes for probably twelve years. Then recently Spendius did. Man of such charm.

Meantime, I am hoping our poster called her (I am guessing her) doctor, and that she reports back.
0 Replies

pmparry

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 06:53 am
Thanks everyone for your input! Honestly, I forgot that I posted this up here, because after I wrote it, I was able to get in touch with a medical friend, who also urged me to see a doctor right away.

Turns out that it is Bell's Palsy. :/ But at least I know now and I'm on a treatment plan.

Thanks again!
jespah

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 10:35 am
@pmparry,
Ah, definitely better than a stroke. Very glad you got it checked out, and are getting treatment! Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 11:07 am
@pmparry,
OK! Thanks a lot for coming back and telling us!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 11:33 am
@pmparry,
Good for you for getting to a doctor! Glad it turned out to be less severe than a stroke.
0 Replies