unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:30 am
http://www.uwec.edu/grossmzc/mnuke.jpeg

A good diagram for "mini nukes"

It still sucks.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:44 am
Unknown, Good article. It says it better than I ever can about collateral damage. People who use the word "precision" in the same sentence as "nukes" just don't value human life. In my world, one innocent life lost by any weapon is too many. Some would allow thousands, such as what Bush did in Iraq, to justify any weapon system - because we're the "good guys." This administration was so proud in using the term "shock and awe" without considering how many innocent lives will be lost. I think it's disgusting.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:48 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I also worked with nukes in the US Air Force, SAC, and I don't believe in developing more nukes for any reason. As somebody already opined, we have enough to destroy this planet 20 times over. Even a fraction of one percent over what we already have is overkill. Precision? Don't make me laugh.

Just FYI, the US is not making "more" nuclear weapons. If they want a new type of weapon they are required through treaties to destroy an existing one. In other words, there's no plutonium being produced these days.
0 Replies

unknown man

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:49 am
Good point cicerone, how can you shaw and awe the dead?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:53 am
Tar, You're missing the point; if new nukes are developed to use existing plutonium, it's better not to develop something we haven't used for over 50 years. What I said is, "I also worked with nukes in the US Air Force, SAC, and I don't believe in developing more nukes for any reason."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 12:02 pm
Tarantulas wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Consider the apocalyptic mindset of Bush and his core constitutency. They look forward to the "last battle." What does that tell you about the person in charge of the missiles?

It tells me that a certain poster is fond of hyperbole.

Actually, it tells us that you, my annoynig froiend, are either living in a coocoon, or are being disingenuous. Read some of the rhetoric coming from the "Christian right."
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:39 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Tarantulas wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Consider the apocalyptic mindset of Bush and his core constitutency. They look forward to the "last battle." What does that tell you about the person in charge of the missiles?

It tells me that a certain poster is fond of hyperbole.

Actually, it tells us that you, my annoynig froiend, are either living in a coocoon, or are being disingenuous. Read some of the rhetoric coming from the "Christian right."

Where did you ever hear that George Bush or any members of his administration are "looking forward to the last battle?"
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:24 pm
I believe he's assuming he knows what Bush is thinking. And to further the hyperbole I'm sure as his last battle Bush plans to try an start WW3, in hopes it will force people to vote him in again because he needs to "lead the country" Rolling Eyes Jumping to stupid conclusions is way too easy
0 Replies