The atheist argument - explanation and advice.

anonymously99stwin

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:45 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Seems to me your a man of that certain age who should be well set into his own ways. His beliefs. His life. Else similar.. as in nothing will make you want to start believing in something that isn't there. Or am I wrong.

Boredom perhaps? leading you to this site to waste time. Surely your wife by chance along with your children would love your attention.

Stress. Depression. Else more similar to.

Then again why does everyone else get on here to waste time. What is their reasoning.

Maybe we all, each one of us relate to some extent. That is beautiful.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 08:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
How much eyewitnesses evidence do you want? Would the entire population of Israel and the Roman army garrison be enough?

I've told you before, we can get a million people alive today who will swear that their favorite Yogi can float in the air and fly around the room. But you wouldn't believe them would you.

Even if you had credible eyewitness accounts, which you don't, they would be worthless.

FBM is asking for credible evidence, not bullshit rumors from 200o years ago.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 08:31 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
I mean no offense in any way.

I stand firm in my beliefs:

I believe in Love. Law. Depression, stress and more similar to.

I believe hate is among us. That there is such a thing as lust.

I find it difficult to believe in something that I have doubted, had questions about my entire life. Ex. Gods. Goddesses. Etc else.

But Angels. Aren't there such thing as Angels.

I do believe there are people who have nothing but love to offer. Helping without consequence along the way, throughout our lives.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:07 pm
Quote:
Rosborne said: FBM is asking for credible evidence, not bullshit rumors from 200o years ago.

As i've said, there's NO proof that atheists would accept!
For example an atheist falls over a cliff at night but grabs a bush halfway down and begins yelling "Help! Help! is there anybody there?"

Suddenly the whole area in bathed in a golden radiance, choirs of singing angels circle overhead and a huge voice booms out like thunder- "Take my hand and let go my son!"
"Who are you?" asks the atheist.
"I am the Lord Almighty" replies the voice, "Creator of heaven and earth, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end!"

"Help! Help!" shouts the atheist, "is there anybody else up there?"
FBM

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
FBM said re miracles: Any credible evidence that those things are more than just myth?

How much eyewitnesses evidence do you want? Would the entire population of Israel and the Roman army garrison be enough?
And don't forget, after the gospels were written, NOBODY--not a single person-- ever came forward to say "Hey, I was alive in Jesus's time and none of that happened!"
So to say 'Jesus never existed' would be like saying Buddha, Mohammed or Elvis never existed either..Smile

a) OK, bring those eyewitnesses and let's have a chat with them. You've got an old story in an old book. Different religions have older stories in older books. An old story in an old book is evidence that somebody wrote a story a long time ago. That's about it.

b) How do you know that nobody came forward to say that?

c) Whether or not Jesus existed isn't relevant to whether or not there is a god. There are people roaming the subways today who claim to be God, which, incidentally, I'm told Jesus never claimed.

Bring some real evidence, if you have some, please.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Rosborne said: FBM is asking for credible evidence, not bullshit rumors from 200o years ago.

As i've said, there's NO proof that atheists would accept!...

How can you be sure until you try? The old stories and anecdotes aren't evidence because there are multiple other explanations that don't require any supernatural being. What rational justification would there be for accepting your old stories and anecdotes over those from people in other religions?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:17 pm
Quote:
FBM said: The old stories and anecdotes aren't evidence because there are multiple other explanations that don't require any supernatural being. What rational justification would there be for accepting your old stories and anecdotes over those from people in other religions?

Other religions haven't got the Son of God himself in them, so we shouldn't give a rat's ass about them!
2000 years from now there'll be debates raging about whether Elvis existed..Smile
anonymously99stwin

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think this guy Romeo Fabulini is stating that atheists are dumbasses.
FBM

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So you're giving up?
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:21 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
I don't think we're supposed to reveal whether we're atheist or not.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:29 am
Quote:
FBM said: So you're giving up?

Giving up what? I told you nobody should give a rat's ass about other religions because they don't have the Son of God himself as their front man..Smile
For example the egyptian gods look like a cross between a freak show and Paignton Zoo-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/egods.gif~original
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:37 am
Quote:
Anonymous said: I think this guy Romeo Fabulini is stating that atheists are dumbasses

Like I said mate, the biggest dumbasses are religious crackpots and cultists, for example I once entertained a woman to tea but she turned out to be a Rapturist.
They believe they'll all vanish into thin air on judgement day leaving the rest of us looking round asking "where the hell did they go?"
Boy was she soon out on her butt!
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
FBM said: So you're giving up?

Giving up what?...

The attempt to present evidence for the existence of your super-being.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Other religions haven't got the Son of God himself in them, so we shouldn't give a rat's ass about them!

Christianity doesn't have the son of god either, all it's got are a bunch of self-serving claims of grandeur based on ancient rumor and mythology, the miracles of which are absolutely, unequivocally copied from pre-existing mythologies. With a proven track record of falsehood it's impossible to take any of its claims seriously.
anonymously99stwin

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 01:34 pm
@rosborne979,
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." 

- Erica Jong
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 09:04 pm
Quote:
FBM said: The attempt to present evidence for the existence of your super-being.

I'm attempting nothing either way, I'm simply open-mindedly discussing possible evidence for fun!
As i've observed before, atheists say "There's no evidence",
and theists say "Life and the universe is ample evidence".
So the argument is stalemated 50-50..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 09:12 pm
Quote:
rosborne said: Christianity doesn't have the son of god either, all it's got are a bunch of self-serving claims of grandeur based on ancient rumor and mythology,
the miracles of which are absolutely, unequivocally copied from pre-existing mythologies.
With a proven track record of falsehood it's impossible to take any of its claims seriously.

1- If Christianity doesn't have the son of god in it, who does it have, Mary Poppins?
2- When the gospels were written, why did nobody say "Hey that never happened, it's all tosh!"?
3- You say "falsehoods" are in the bible?

"Prove it!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jack-Wilson_zps5306d14d.jpg~original
FBM

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
FBM said: The attempt to present evidence for the existence of your super-being.

I'm attempting nothing either way, I'm simply open-mindedly discussing possible evidence for fun!
As i've observed before, atheists say "There's no evidence",
and theists say "Life and the universe is ample evidence".
So the argument is stalemated 50-50..Smile

Life and the universe is evidence for life and the universe. It doesn't inherently point to either the existence or absence of a divine creator. It's not a stalemate; it's just not evidence. What's more, it doesn't point to the Abrahamic god any more than it does to Zeus, Shiva or Quetzalcoatl. It's useless as evidence.

If you claim that there is a divine creator and want me/us to worship it, give us some reason to believe you, ie evidence. (I remind you that I'd challenge those who claim to know that there isn't a divine creator to do the same.)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:10 pm
Quote:
FBM said: If you claim that there is a divine creator and want me/us to worship it, give us some reason to believe you, ie evidence

I claim nothing either way..Smile
Let's bring Jesus into the playpen-
He called God "The Creator" and attributed his miraculous powers to him, so why shouldn't we believe Jesus? Why would he lie?
FBM

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 11:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why should anybody care what Jesus said?