The atheist argument - explanation and advice.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 09:44 pm
Quote:
Smileyrius said: All magic is merely science that we do not understand

If our reality is just an illusion or dream, perhaps Jesus was a 'Master of the Science of Dream Manipulation', able to bend "reality" to produce what seemed like miracles-
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.'' - Albert Einstein
"Strawberry Fields, nothing is real" (The Beatles)
"We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.." (The Tempest)
"You can be in my dream if I can be in your dream" (Bob Dylan)
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allen Poe
"What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (Bible: James 4:14)
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"- Morpheus in The Matrix
Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 10:31 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Until you produce evidence, it's nothing more than the passed down tales of illiterate goat herders.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:01 am
Quote:
Wilso said:@RF- Until you produce evidence, it's nothing more than the passed down tales of illiterate goat herders

For centuries atheists said "Nazareth never existed in Jesus's time", but recent digs have unearthed the ancient town, leaving atheists red-faced and pouting!
Who do they think lived there, Nanny McPhee? ha ha ha..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/nazareth-digB.gif
Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:50 am
Now all you've got to do is prove the biblical Jesus existed. Good luck with that.

Quote:
. The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking"

Nobody is suffering from more illusions than you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Bullsh*t . . . you've trotted that old load of horseshit out before. Provide citations which show that atheists denied that Nazareth existed 2000 years ago. Put you money where your lying mouth is.
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
@Setanta,
There is an example of idiosyncratic definitions you were referring to
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:12 am
Quote:
Setanta said: @RF- Bullsh*t . . . you've trotted that old load of horseshit out before. Provide citations which show that atheists denied that Nazareth existed 2000 years ago. Put you money where your lying mouth is

Here ya go mate, this book was written the year before the dig found ancient Nazareth, leaving the author cringing with embarrasment..Smile-

"Rene Salm has challenged the historical Nazareth in his The Myth of Nazareth: The Invented Town of Jesus (American Atheist Press, 2008)"
http://www.normgeisler.com/articles/Bible/Reliability/2012-IsNazarethAMyth.htm
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:15 am
OK, that's one atheist . . . not atheists. Your remark makes it sound as though all atheists have always said this, which is horseshit. Not all atheists think and say the same things, a distinction which always escapes you.

As it happens, the Assyrians may well have wiped the town off the map in about 720 BCE, as they did so many other towns. This joker had an ax to grind, and did so incautiously. I'll grant you that, but no more.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:22 am
@Setanta,
Here's an atheist website that's making a fool of itself by STILL pushing the lie that Nazareth never existed around the time of Jesus even though the dig found the old ruins, ha ha..Smile-

"The evidence for a 1st century town of Nazareth does not exist – not literary, not archaeological, and not historical. It is an imaginary city for an imaginary god-man"
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's another Nazareth-denier-
"Frank Zindler, editor of American Atheist Magazine, has asserted that Nazareth did not exist in the first century"
http://www.nairaland.com/120059/myth-nazareth-did-historical-jesus
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:36 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
OK, that's one atheist . . . not atheists. Your remark makes it sound as though all atheists have always said this, which is horseshit. Not all atheists think and say the same things, a distinction which always escapes you.

As it happens, the Assyrians may well have wiped the town off the map in about 720 BCE, as they did so many other towns. This joker had an ax to grind, and did so incautiously. I'll grant you that, but no more.
Funny, in a way . . . How Romeo likes to lump all atheists together in a straw bundle. Just like some folks lump all christians, theists, etc.

It's a lumpy world, it is. One lump or two, I always say. Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:37 am
None of which exonerates you fo claiming that all atheists believe any single thing. That's the part that's not sinking in with you. I'll concede your anecdotal evidence, but not that you have any right to speak about what all atheists believe.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:48 am
Quote:
Setanta said: @RF- I'll concede your anecdotal evidence, but not that you have any right to speak about what all atheists believe

Maybe atheists should form themselves into different "denominations" and "cults", each having its own different beliefs about Jesus, Nazareth, God etc!
The atheist 'Nazareth Never Existed" cult has been blown out of the water by the archaeological evidence..Smile
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:50 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Maybe they're much better off not being lock-step robots like the god botherers.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:57 am
Quote:
Setanta said: Maybe they're much better off not being lock-step robots like the god botherers

Ha ha yes, the organised religions all march in step like this according to their own rules and regulations-

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:00 pm
You love that Nazi **** . . . that says a lot about you, and it's all ugly.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:05 pm
Quote:
Setanta said:@RF- You love that Nazi **** . . . that says a lot about you, and it's all ugly

Not sure I understand you mate. I said-
"Ha ha yes, the organised religions all march in step like this according to their own rules and regulations"

Don't you agree that org rels are like bunches of robots?
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
All theists, you included. My point is that you're a sick f*ck, and you're no mate of mine.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:13 pm
Hey newcomers, let me introduce myself..Smile

Romeo Fabulini: Loose Cannon Christian, he marches to nobody's step but his own!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original

Feedback (my name is Mick)-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only insprire me, sometimes they make me laugh
because you are able to get your point across in such a great way. WAY TO GO waymarker!!!"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 03:01 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
None of which exonerates you fo claiming that all atheists believe any single thing. That's the part that's not sinking in with you. I'll concede your anecdotal evidence, but not that you have any right to speak about what all atheists believe.
OW! Those lumps hurt!
But seriously, I make no assertion regarding the belief or non belief of atheists. I find as many empathetic and law abiding folks among non believers as among believers. IMHO, there is only one central issue for the world today.
0 Replies