The atheist argument - explanation and advice.

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Its really a matter of whose "Interpretation" actually makes any sense at all.
Picking on the Jehovah's when the Baptistsm Catholics and Seventh Day ADventists and Mormons are also a laugh a minute.
Then we have the "unaffiliated" Bible centered cult churches in the deep woods of Appalachia. Come on in, sit yerself down and grab a snake.

I love it when Christians argue over Christs sneakers
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:29 am
"Crucifixion" according to the JW's-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jw-stake_zpsf1471379.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:33 am
Quote:
Farmerman said: Picking on the Jehovah's when the Baptistsm Catholics and Seventh Day ADventists and Mormons are also a laugh a minute

Like I've said before, the JW's in A2K pick on me, so i pick on them in return. If they want a fight and they've come to the right boy..Smile
And also like I've said before, I wish other cultists like the mormons etc would come into A2K so I could slap them around too, but at the moment they're lurking under their beds and won't come out..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/eyes-under-bed_zpsfedb637f.jpg~original
izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It's probably because they don't want to waste time arguing with a dickhead.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:41 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'd have far less of a problem with what you do mick if you actually challenged the scriptural premise under which they believe what they do. Instead your arguments are written with such propaganda bias it makes you look desperate to discredit them. If you actually looked into why they believe what they do you would find there is nothing they believe that they can't back up with scripture, or that they won't do if they believe scripture requires it. They have my respect, you have my disdain
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 07:01 am
Quote:
Calamity said: I'd have far less of a problem with what you do mick if you actually challenged the scriptural premise under which they believe what they do

Okay let's start with the transfusion business, God simply tells some ancient tribes not to eat animal blood because it's bad for them, or because there was livestock disease going around. Who but uncivilised heathens would want to eat sticky clots of blood anyway, yuk!
But JW's interpret that to mean that God also bans modern life-saving human blood transfusions, resulting in news headlines like this-

"Jehovah's Witness mother dies after refusing blood transfusion
A 22-year-old mother died just hours after giving birth to twins because doctors were forbidden from giving her a blood transfusion as a Jehovah's Witness.
Emma Gough's family, including her Jehovah's Witness husband, Anthony, 24, refused to overrule her wishes and she died after losing blood"

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/nov/05/health.religion
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:13 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
We used to celebrate Christmas, too. But as we learn, we adapt. For example, Leviticus 17:11 declares the "life (soul) of an animal is in its blood". Now that we understand DNA, does that not seem prophetic? The Mosaic law was based, in part, on the sanctity of blood. Yet, you fault those who pay serious attention to it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:27 am
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- Leviticus 17:11 declares the "life (soul) of an animal is in its blood"

But we're not animals are we?
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:41 am
yes, romeo, we are in fact animals. we certainly aren't plants.
Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 11:50 am
@MontereyJack,
I'm not so sure about Romeo.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:00 pm
Quote:
Monterey Jack said: yes, romeo, we are in fact animals. we certainly aren't plants.

Certainly some humans are 'animals'-
"These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)
"They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city, but thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision" (Psalm 59:6)

Right Lassie?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/lassie2_zps62dcde9b.jpg~original
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:14 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Neologist wrote:
@RF- Leviticus 17:11 declares the "life (soul) of an animal is in its blood"
Romeo wrote:
But we're not animals are we?
What was the point of the acts performed by Jesus at the last passover?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:34 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: @RF- What was the point of the acts performed by Jesus at the last passover?

This is from Mark ch 14-
22:And as they were eating, he took bread, and when he had blessed, he brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take it: this is my body.
23: And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it.
24: And he said unto them, This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many

and it seems pretty straightforward to me. Jesus is symbolically sharing his flesh and blood (bread and wine) with them, or am I missing something?
neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jan, 2014 05:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
But Jesus was a human, right?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 07:26 pm
Atheism is not an argument, or a belief system. It's simply an observation. Not once has an explanation for an event or a situation turned out to be magic.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 07:32 pm
@Wilso,
All magic is merely science that we do not understand.
Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 07:53 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Amen
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 08:15 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius wrote:

Does this imply that deities are merely natural beings which possess science that we do not understand? Is that your actual belief, or just a counterpoint possibility?
Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 08:29 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Smileyrius wrote:

Does this imply that deities are merely natural beings which possess science that we do not understand? Is that your actual belief, or just a counterpoint possibility?

I think it's just reference to the fact that 10000 years ago, humans not understanding the universe probably thought that the sun and the moon were magic. Now we know them for the celestial bodies that they are. We've even been on the moon. And anything that theists would currently like to subscribe to a miracle, is simply an as yet unmade scientific discovery.
0 Replies