MY SECOND FAVORITE COUNTRY IS.....

au1929

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 05:47 pm
The US is the only country for me. I have no second favorite. One thing I can say with certainty. France is my least favorite.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2002 05:53 pm
au, Actually, only the Parisians are nasty to English speaking folks. The people outside of Paris are all okay. Wink I've even met some people in Paris that helped me as a lost tourist. c.i.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 08:10 am
c.I
Having been in Paris and in French Canada I can unequivocally say the I dislike the French. They are haughty, self centered, arrogant and above all unfriendly. And should you need directions and do not speak the language forget about it. In France that was no problem since I was visiting my son who lived there at the time and spoke the language.
As for Canada was there many times on business. The one thing that stands out in my mind was the first time I was in Montreal and got lost. Whoever, I asked directions of would not help because I did not speak French. Many of my associates had the same problem. Traveling in English Canada on the other hand was no different than being in the states.
0 Replies

Hyannis

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 08:33 am
Favourite Country I've been to: Canada
Favourite Country I want to go to: Iceland

(I like snow Smile )

I must say, I was underwhelmed by Paris, and Parisians especially. But I really enjoyed the rural south of France where I spent most of my one month stay and the people there were much nicer then Paris.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:20 am
1...CANADA
3...ENGLAND
1...FRANCE
1...IRELAND
1...MONACO
1...RUSSIA(USSR)
1...SPAIN
2...ITALY
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:21 am
It would have to be Italy and Scotland a close third!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 11:24 am
au, On one of my visits to Paris, I was with luggage, and trying to find one of the train stations. The name was something like "Du Norde" and I didn't know how to pronounce it correctly, but a gentleman tried to help me none-the-less. On another visit, I was trying to find my way to Mont Montre, and looking at a map of Paris. A gentleman stopped and asked if he could be of any help. I said, yes, and pointed to my destination. He said he was taking the bus that I should take, and told me where to get off and walk to the top. I got to my destination! Very Happy But, on another visit, when I was at a train station's visitors center, the woman behind the desk was so rude, I wanted to wring her neck, and tell her to "go to he**. It was to closest I ever got to thinking murder in my life. Evil or Very Mad c.i.
0 Replies

hello

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 03:38 pm
i assume u mean america is everyone's first choice? ive never been there, n i have no interest in going. switzerland is the best (skiing). after that, pakistan
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:21 pm
I guess I would firstly choose the USA, I liked NYC when I was there and San Francisco.

I also have a sneaking regard for France. Popped over there a couple of times recently. I like to see if I can get along with my rudimentary French and I can.

Walter, those Euros are a piece of cake. IE = 73 pence and the french have prices displayed in Francs & Euros.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
hello, WELCOME to A2K. Where do you live, hello?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:54 pm
On second thoughts, I would love to live in Hawaii, but it's expensive ... so I'm staying in Florida so that I can live as if I were in Hawaii but on a lot less money:)
0 Replies

RicardoTizon

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:22 am
My second favorite country would be the Philippines. ooops! I mean the United States. oops again. I'm confused! I'm a Filipino American. I have to determine first what is my country. After careful consideration I decided that I have two countries.

My second favorite therefore is Mexico.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:08 am
oldandknew wrote:

Walter, those Euros are a piece of cake. IE = 73 pence and the french have prices displayed in Francs & Euros.

I like that in France especially at petrol stations = makes it much essier for me to compare with the ("good") one's years back.

You'll some shops with old currency displays all over in EURO-countries - remember, we changed just 22 months ago :wink:
0 Replies

RealMcoy

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 06:19 am
Philippines is the best! The people here is generous and the culture is great. It's a third world country but as I have said....people here is very warm hearted and very hospitable.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2004 10:04 am
There's a big difference between 1) favorite countries to visit vs 2) where one wishes to live. As I've always maintained, the UK is my favorite country to visit - especially London. The big problem for US visitors to the UK is the currency exchange rate; we get about half value (.50c = 1 pound) for the US dollar.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 01:58 am
Quebec
D'artagnan wrote:
Canada (it's like the US, in some ways, but without all the attitude)

Quebec has an attitude if your not FRENCH
0 Replies

RealMcoy

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 06:59 am
P.S. Manila has no attitude!
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 01:56 pm
deleted by Victor Murphy
0 Replies