Why do people deny evolution?

Builder

Thu 15 May, 2014 11:05 pm
@glitterbag,
We have 65 thousand year old paintings of deer in Australia, and there's no fossil evidence of deer here.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/bradshaws/images/reindeer.jpg

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/bradshaws/introduction.php
Wilso

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:31 am
@glitterbag,
Spendius is a fuckwit. He's a eunuch who bitches ceaselessly about the sex life of others basically because he doesn't have one of his own. And he's somehow developed the idea that the snooker and dart's skills he's learned while wasting his life in the pub makes him something other than the living, breathing epitome of a pathetic ******* loser.
Builder

Fri 16 May, 2014 02:39 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Spendius is a....eunuch....wasting his life in the pub

You like him. I can tell already.
spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:05 am
@Builder,
He's right Builder. Where he is wrong is that he thinks he's any different. He's not wasting his life. He's a man of importance in the world don't you know. Not a loser but a winner. There's nothing trivial about our Wilso. He spends all his unlearned brain energy on preventing his unavoidable triviality breaking through and biting him on the arse. fm's the same.

They are not dissimilar to the debutantes at a coming out ball. They only look like minges parading in the market place to find a place in the sun to those who take the trouble to learn how to see things as they are.

As Wilso has no talents it is necessary for him to create invidious comparisons with fantasies of his own construction which he then needs to elaborate on in that highly original manner he has perfected and which we are all familiar with. The accusation that I don't get any sex (phew--what a relief--at my age--what a burden that was once) is intended to show that he is getting plenty. Within the limits of marital bliss of course.

His personal dignity (don't laugh) is a matter of monumental importance to him. Likely he avoids snooker and darts in case he loses. I would guess that his house and his car are the best that can be got on the dough investors have been willing to lend him.

I put it all down to too much Mummying in childhood and failing to overcome it by 18 when the world starts insisting, in my case emphatically, that it is a form of madness not to have done.

His basic function is to keep the stock markets buoyant on behalf of absentee owners who control all his thoughts.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:14 am
@Builder,
He's self-evidently pissed off about something.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im not the one whose deeply into ID n Fred Hoyle ****, you are. Ive earned my opinions by doing my own research in trining an in work. I don't need some douche bag like you making up crap and then saying theor not an IDer when all you've been doing is huddling around the bases pf the Disscovery Institutes mission statement.

OF course the ID argument attempts are "against" evolution. Its because the religious views of ID are attempts at controlling the "flock" of believers. Wheres the educational affiliations? read a little deeper and follow the money dummy

lol, Dummy now eh?
Runing out of AH´s, are we?

Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:33 am
@spendius,
Quote:
He's self-evidently pissed off about something.

A lot of them here are.

They are afraid of the house of cards of evolution will be falling.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:40 am
@Builder,
Thanks for that link Builder.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:54 am
@Quehoniaomath,
If you seem to accept the ID "worldview", then I can see your fascination with medieval science and denial of evidence based news.
Ive read several of those articles "Retread" by the Discovery Institute and its "new arm that is posing as a peer reviewed journal"
ALWAYS be a bit skeptical about websites that end in .com, they usually are "for profit" .
You seem to be easily impressed by bullshit that has nothing to back it.
(The articleabout the fossils begn with a "Quote mine" wherein it attempts to make it sound like the fossil record didn't support Darwins ideas. Why must people lie when they are attempting to sound objective? BECAUSE, they are in the business of pushing worldviews. A scientific journal article would be evaluated to see whether it should even be published.

The references to Austen and he Grand Canyon are actually lies. HE was outed very easily at a conference when people asked him to explain his "unit deluge" when it had a clear desert sand dune deposit right in the middle of the strata.

The other articles about Haeckelin embryology is a total scam by the DI. They are attempting to state that NO embryological evidence supports evolution .
NEWS FLASH to Quahog. Genes in viable embryos had been turned on and off and the resulting embryo changes included stimulating the HEDGEHOG and HOX genes such that chicken with gill slits and TEETH were shown to be clearly descendent from previous "non Haeckelin" embryo sequences. SO the slick sounding DI article about "3 Wrong Embryo Sequences"... was merely science fiction from the Discovery Institute.

It amazing how stuck in the past you are. Perhaps if you recognized that we are no longer in the late 1800's you could move on a bit.

Setanta

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:57 am
Why do people deny evolution?

If you don't, you'll never be rid of the silly sh*t. First it'll be cadging drinks and smokes. Next thing you know, evolution will be showing up once or twice a week for dinner. No, it's best all 'round to nip in the bud.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 04:57 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
lol, Dummy now eh?

Actually, I called you a douche bag. "Dummy" was an ejacuation bout how ill informed you seem to wish to remain.

While you certainly have a right to eternal ignorance, I don't think you should be spreading it around like

'1you know what youre talking about (after all, youre only posting links and titles)

2You wish to spread it around as real "Science".

Wilso

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:16 am
@farmerman,
Jesus, I like reading your posts because they're so educational. And I hate reading them because they make me feel like an inferior idiot.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 05:20 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Actually, I called you a douche bag. "Dummy" was an ejacuation bout how ill informed you seem to wish to remain.

While you certainly have a right to eternal ignorance, I don't think you should be spreading it around like

'1you know what youre talking about (after all, youre only posting links and titles)

2You wish to spread it around as real "Science"

lol, you really make me laugh! Strange habit of you to throw around all those
AH´s. looks like an addiction of yours.

Now please let me know what ´real science´ is. Wink

Probably when it is in line with your religion called evolution.

btw you probably would have functioned very very well under a very strict dictatorship. You could be working as a Orwellian Thought Police,
I bet you would be very good at it,

spendius

Fri 16 May, 2014 06:37 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
denial of evidence based news.

But you are deciding which evidence to not deny and which to deny. And it seems you are **** scared of coming to terms with that obvious fact no matter how often it is explained to you. And the schtick is a minority interest as well despite its temptations and produces a disaster if it is put into practice.

You're in circular motion. It is not in your power to escape from the exigencies of the Christian historical pseudomorphosis.

This thread is not about the DI. That is a heretical cult. People deny evolution because they have a "big picture" gut feeling that it is in their interest to do so. Desert sand dune deposits are a factor in very few people's minds. And it is in your interest that you remain an eccentric minority of no real consequence.

I didn't see you picketing the ministers of religion in NYC yesterday. Small religious meetings in the backwoods are an easier subject to exercise your intellect on. That's evidence. You're like the small town boxing champ who ducks the challenge of trying his chances in the big city.
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:02 am
@spendius,
Quote:
you are deciding which evidence to not deny and which to deny
where is evidence Counter to evolution?. All the ID "evidence" is fraud, deception, downright lies, and misquotes.
Im not gonna dignify it with anything other than scorn.
If youre that dumb then its no skin off my ass, youre the one who screams for attention and what better way than to be a clueless contrarian.?
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:08 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
Strange habit of you to throw around all those
AH´s. looks like an addiction of yours

I feel perfectly justified since your posts have been toxic since you first came on denying the existence of everything scientific after some arbitrary " magical" date.
Your uncompromising position as an idiot shouldn't be cause for
celebration. If you learn anything you should be aware that the Discovery Institute is a"religious" based organization that is trying its damndest to make you believe its really interested in science. Don't try to make me laugh, because I find it quite sad at your defiant
ignorance .
Quehoniaomath

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I feel perfectly justified since your posts have been toxic since you first came on denying everything after some magical date.
Your uncompromising position as an idiot shouldn't be cause for
celebration. If you learn anything you should be aware that the Discovery Institute is a"religious" based organization that is trying its damndest to make you believe its really interested in science. Don't try to make me laugh, because I find it quite sad at your defiant
ignorance .

As Spendius has said so clearly, something about this is bothering you.
farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:14 am
@Quehoniaomath,
defiant ignorance is always a worry Quahog. Spendi is jut n attention whoe and I actually playing both sides just to be "cute". If you miss that point then youre dumber than you sound.

Denying a fact like evolution is usually based upon some political prty platform. SInce youre not of the US Im concerened that you seem to want to spread a type of "Scientific Sharia" into your country and area of the world. Im hoping that the people of your area are smarter than the fundamentalists and IDers of this hemisphere and can see facts as they really are.
parados

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:16 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:

the only thing I have to add is that there is no evidence for ( macro) evolution
AND that if you start calculating statistically, there remains nothing whatsoever of this whole evolution , and it will fall like a house of cards.

Are you going to keep making this claim when you can't discuss the math?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 16 May, 2014 08:18 am
@Wilso,
Interesting article. There I a large enough variation that could account for the skull shape. DNA types her gene line as Asian .
0 Replies