Why do people deny evolution?

blatham

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 08:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Hola, as they don't say at the southern border.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 08:40 am
@farmerman,
Ah! That's always a winning move!
Just call'em nutjobs an let it go at that.
izzythepush

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 08:42 am
@farmerman,
It's posting under it's original name which hasn't been for a long time. Just a few weeks shy of five years.

Now that's what I call a ban.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 08:43 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Just call'em nutjobs an let it go at that.

Certainly saves a lot of time.
farmerman

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 10:26 am
@izzythepush,
I see what you were talking about in that one of the nutjobs hs come back . Ive gotten attacked by it so I must still be on its **** list.

Would you sell a firearm to it?
izzythepush

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 10:34 am
@farmerman,
I would if it was one that blew up in your face.
farmerman

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 12:45 pm
@izzythepush,
you dont mean my face do you?? You mean ITS face??

izzythepush

Mon 16 Sep, 2019 01:03 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry, I was making casual use of the second person. I'll try not to be quite so reckless next time. I wouldn't want anything to blow up in your face, not even something for comic effect like a balloon filled with soot or something like that. Between you and me, I've never found that sort of thing at all amusing. So no, I wouldn't want anything to blow up in your face.

I wouldn't mind allowing it to have a firearm that did blow up in its face, but I wouldn't know how to get hold of one. Really, no idea at all.
Olivier5

Tue 17 Sep, 2019 12:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I wouldn't mind allowing it to have a firearm that did blow up in its face, but I wouldn't know how to get hold of one. Really, no idea at all.

In Pakistan tribal areas, they make artisanal guns of very low quality, some of which have been known to explode when first used.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 17 Sep, 2019 07:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
He stated that he was interested only in the DNA data and I asked him what DNA data does he have from 50 million or even 3 million year old species)--He did not answer that to any degree of understanding.

Hard to say whether that's a misunderstanding or a lie. I suspect the latter unless I have overestimated you.

I think you understand what I asked.
You know that random mutation and natural selection of DNA is the ONLY explaination for Evolution that 'your' science acknowledges.

I did not ask for or offer DNA evidence. I asked you only for a plausible scenario whereby whale genitalia could evolve by these mechanisms. Not the whole small land mammal to whale, just this relatively minor detail.

Do you have any real understanding of the question? I know you have no answer, which explains the response you gave instead.
farmerman

Tue 17 Sep, 2019 08:21 am
@Leadfoot,
CMON LEDDY, You asserted your "DNA evidence" only after you stated that how can we how evolution of a "whale" dfrom only a fossil ear"

You cannot escape your obtuse comment no matter how you try to insult me. I can take it since Ive been in real knucklebanger techy arguments with people who KNOW of wht they are speaking. Not lik you and oralloy (who also believes he knows more than he really does)

I love it though, In the recent past youve both provided me with "post ups" for bulletin bord laughs in the lab.

Your assertion that whales cannot be shown any evolutionary connection to a hoofed beings (Of the Paleocene),---Oligocene ambulocetus and pakecetus) whose only connectivity (accoring to you) was an "ear bone". You stated something like "DNA evidence is all you were willing to accept and theres none that showed such evolutionary patterns.
THATS RIGHT, but not for the reason you assert (That no connection existed), but for the fact that theres no DNA evidence AT ALL from early Paleocene , Eocene --all the way to the Pleistocene. SO your entire assertion is disingenuous neh?
Leadfoot

Wed 18 Sep, 2019 06:10 am
@farmerman,
Guess I was wrong.
I must have overestimated you.
That did not address the question.
farmerman

Wed 18 Sep, 2019 09:11 am
@Leadfoot,
Maybe I should have written more slowly so youd understand better.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 18 Sep, 2019 09:13 am
@Leadfoot,
I hate to use that over expressed phrase popularized by your "savant " associate.

"Everything Ive said is a fact, and its that you are purposely denying"
0 Replies

yustheos

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 08:25 am
@JimmyJ,
evolution is misunderstood it is an outcome which comes from sin ,evolution and entropy are one and the same which god himself commanded all life will die and biology is an inside view of gods punishment and only through the reresection of Jesus who defeated entropy can we enter the new kingdom.
farmerman

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 08:33 am
@yustheos,
why is someone doing a re-resection of Jesus?? Is'nt he perfect??.
I think Jesus is made up. The "Jesuses" I know of, all play infield positions.

Thank you, Ill be here all weekend, try the shrimp scampi, long time no sea.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 29 Nov, 2019 09:05 am
@yustheos,
Sounds like a claymation venture, similar to the original King Kong.
yustheos wrote:

evolution is misunderstood it is an outcome which comes from sin ,evolution and entropy are one and the same which god himself commanded all life will die and biology is an inside view of gods punishment and only through the reresection of Jesus who defeated entropy can we enter the new kingdom.
brianjakub

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 11:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Sounds like a claymation venture. . .
What it sounds like and what it looks like scientifically is more than likely the same thing. The reason it looks like claymation is it confirms the point that leadfoot is trying to make : A whales reproductive system is so different from any other mammal that it could not come into existence from random changes in information in the DNA. In other words the process of evolution looks similar to claymation, because it appears intelligence had to mold the DNA. Now whether that intelligence is Supernatural and outside of matter, or emerged out of Matter should be open for discussion.

Weather entropy was introduced by a bad decision as yustheos suggested or always existed is tough to determine since entropy is an integral part of our measurements of physicality and time in our current environment.

An interesting question though is how did the universe get so complex if entropy was making it become less complex as it was developing? The only way we have witnessed complexity entering the universe and overcoming intro be in a serious way is by our intelligence or by a preestablished complex system that mimicks intelligence.

Unfortunately nobody can explain how those complex systems came into existence nor come close to replicating producing them from nothing.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 01:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
King Kong was stop motion. Wallace and Grommet are Claymation. They're not the same thing. Well, Claymation is one form of stop motion animation. Not aurpriaingly, the figures in it are made of clay and are remoded for each frame. Stop motion generally does not use clay but figures which are more akin to dolls or action toys.
izzythepush

Sat 30 Nov, 2019 02:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
We don't call it that.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/0306/products/plasticine_800x.jpg?v=1493637357

It's always been called that over here, well for as long as I can remember anyway. Clay usually refers to the stuff that gets fired in kilns. When Nick Park lost a model of Wallace and Gromit on a New York taxi he had real problems because he kept calling it plasticine, and nobody knew what he meant.

Strangely enough we still say Claymation.
0 Replies