Why do people deny evolution?

Helloandgoodbye

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 06:57 am
One thing I would like to reiterate is how evolutionists come to the conclusion of the earth being ‘old.’

Remember, the key is the fact that their assumptions dictate their conclusions.

Ie. If a person assumes that tree rings are ‘annual rings’ *before* applying the math calculation, The result will be much older then if a person assumes the tree rings are produced multiple times per year.
Observational science confirms that tree rings can be produced multiple times per year.

Ie. if a person assumes that layers of ice in the Arctic are produced only twice per year (when using ice cores as a method for dating) in the summer and winter *before* applying the math calculations, the result will be a much older date then if a person acknowledges the observational science that layers of ice are produced multiple times per year. Likewise with layers of rock Too btw.

Ie. when radiometric dating techniques are applied, if a person assumes that the sample being dated has not been contaminated by mother nature, or that the rate of decay has not been accelerated in the past, the result will be much much older ages too of course.
Which observational science has confirm these are serious issues with these techniques.

There are hundreds of different techniques which could be used, but all of them have the same fundamental problems.
So the next time someone is trying to convince you that the earth is old, ask them what are their assumptions they are heavily relying upon to get their desired, and easily manipulated result, which they are trying to sneak by you! If they are even aware of such.... they may have been terribly indoctrinated.

It is that simple.
Which is why the door is wide open for a ‘young earth’😎

In other words, the dating techniques are only accurate if the assumptions originally made are accurate.

Keep in mind as well, The same principle applies when People observe the world around us in the present, And see flesh eating and disease everywhere, And then assume this has always been since the dawn of time.
There is plenty of observational science that suggests otherwise! ( yes, even mosquitoes were vegetarian in the past woot woot!)

Such assumptions create drastically different conclusions.

farmerman

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 08:02 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
f a person assumes that tree rings are ‘annual rings’ *before* applying the math calculation, The result will be much older then if a person assumes the tree rings are produced multiple times per year.
Observational science confirms that tree rings can be produced multiple times per year.
You apparently have little knowledge re: tree ring analyses. Tree species have been calibrated and listed by type, climate, winter and summer ring composites, etc etc. Yoou really havent spent any time regarding how the science works. Youve just pulled some conspiracy crap out of the air and assume that youre right. NOBODY has ever claimed to do "age of earth" determinations with tree rings since the earliest tree ring data we have is from the Silurian red beds.

Apparently you know nothing about any form of geologic dating techniques. Belive as you will, science doesnt lose any sleep over your fairy tale world.

As far as the dinosaurs we clerly see that there were vegetarian and carnivorous dinos. All theropods were carnivores .I dont know how they would even chew and swallow maases of vegetation when they had NO MOLars or grinding teeth with which to process plants.
I think most pople here recognize that you are not too informed about the real planet history an are merely speaking from your Fundamentalist belief system which is, in all parts, fact-free.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:17 am
@farmerman,
Evolutionist Calibration:
Calibrating one unreliable broken ‘clock’ (cause of assumptions before calculations) with another broken clock.

Kinda like ‘ we know the age of the rock by the age of the fossil, and we know the age of a fossil by the age of the rock.’

Circular reasoning.

Again, There are many many observable creatures which do not have molars and yet eat vegetation.
If a creature can shred flesh and bone, And swallow it unchewed, they can likewise do the same with nuts, seeds, watermelons and whatever else. Just as we Observe.
Just as mosquitoes can use their needle to suck blood or suck the juice from a tomato. Knives can be used for both meat and fruit.

Ever heard the saying we are a product of our environment?
If the ancient past was lush and green (like a GARDEN of Eden), animals would resort to veggies instead. Especially if originally programmed that way by default.

You are again just speaking from your belief system which is For the most part Fact Free.
Helloandgoodbye

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:27 am
Speaking of product of our environment: how much easier it will be to live a sinless life in an environment drastically different from the polluted morality of this age. It is gonna be awesome! Heavenly some would say Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:32 am
The religious bullsh*t gets tedious--but the flights of deluded fancy are entertaining.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 09:58 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
I'm clarifying what I wrote. No, I wasn't asserting that your assumptions were assumptions.

like a job as Press Secretary at the White House ?

I know what I meant. You're obtuse.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 10:31 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
does denying physics and biology that is demonstrable, repeatable, falsifiable get you off? Or do guys get a "get into paradise free "card?

Quote:
There are many many observable creatures which do not have molars and yet eat vegetation.
could you name some of these mystery vertebrates ??

Quote:
Kinda like ‘ we know the age of the rock by the age of the fossil, and we know the age of a fossil by the age of the rock.’
Only Creationists even use this kinda dim reasoning. You ont know anything about what you speak so you make up lies and crap assertions. Izzat how your religion works?? deceit and untruth??

Your delusions about biology are unusable as science. I always wonder how you-all buy this stuff?? Do you just put your brain on stun?
farmerman

Wed 20 Mar, 2019 10:44 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
CREATIONIST CALIBRATION:

"Whats Calibration-Creationists make it up as they speak.
CREATIONIT "SCIENCE"
Stick head firmly up ones ass until lights go out. Then preach to the masses about things you know nothing about except for what you read from Creationist propaganda bulletins like ICR
coluber2001

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 10:04 am
@farmerman,
When God was busy making the mammals, he must have had
his apprentices make the marsupials.

https://img-cdn.brainberries.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/killer-cute-animals-04.jpg
farmerman

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 02:50 pm
@coluber2001,
It was a committee I think.
OldGrumpy

Fri 22 Mar, 2019 11:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
does denying physics and biology that is demonstrable, repeatable, falsifiable get you off

show me!! show me!!! physics and biology have so much wrong!!

physics as it is given on universities is obsolete......a hundreds years allready. it started when the most stupid man in the universe opened his mouth.......einstein.

what a laugh he is!!
farmerman

Sat 23 Mar, 2019 08:28 am
@OldGrumpy,
Uh OHHHH, its back. Better get the can of bug spray.
OldGrumpy

Sat 23 Mar, 2019 09:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Uh OHHHH, its back. Better get the can of bug spray.

lol, you really can't stand someone else having a different opinion then your own, uh?!

It really start to look like you are squirming,

fm you don't even have a clue at how deep you have been brainwashed!

0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 05:52 am
Today I shall plant my Asteraecea seeds so I may enjoy a colorful glen of flowers during the summer. Wish me a safe journey.

Leadfoot

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 05:59 am
@farmerman,
I prefer the flower of the noble weed myself, but to each his own. Happy trails.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 08:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It was a committee I think.

A committee definitely designed this one:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vaqw54clnPM/hqdefault.jpg
farmerman

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 10:43 am
@coluber2001,
I never realized their front "flippers" were so hand-like.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 24 Mar, 2019 09:54 pm
Maybe it was a joke.
"Hey, what do you say we **** with their heads a bit?"
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Mon 25 Mar, 2019 01:14 pm
A summary below from Science magazine. Great progress on the long sought after gene that regulates regeneration of lost body parts. Important to more than just flatworms because presumably it's not just flatworms that have these early growth response (EGR) regulators. Ours are apparently switched off.

One wonders why such an obvious evolutionary advantage would not spread like wildfire in all species. Why would it ever be an advantage to get switched off?

Quote:
Summary:

Hofstenia miamia, commonly called the three-banded panther worm, is a small flatworm that can be found along the shores of the Caribbean and other warm waters. It is known for its impressive regenerative capabilities, including the ability to regenerate any body part within a few days of amputation. Previous reports identified some of the molecular signals used to coordinate regeneration (1), although the specific genes and gene networks that regulate this response were unknown. On page 1191 of this issue, Gehrke et al. (2) developed an impressive collection of genomic resources for the species, including extensive DNA, RNA, and chromatin accessibility data to promote H. miamia as a new model system for studying regeneration. Using these data, they identify early growth response (Egr), which encodes a candidate pioneer transcription factor responsible for regulating the molecular regenerating response to wounding.
farmerman

Mon 25 Mar, 2019 04:01 pm
@Leadfoot,
mammals can regenerate certain tissues but not organs or limbs. I recall reading a similar idea thing in some magazine a few years ago and the outcome was that there are "costs" for regenerating more complex things like limbs or organs that many of these dont fully express.
It talked of amphibian arms not fully complete and , (eg) frogs would regenerate only a certain % of amputated legs as stumps with digit "buds" . lizard tails would grow back with cartilagenous caudal vertebrae instead of bone . Maybe there is no real advantage except that which we assume from our viewpoint.

Animals like planaria or annelids do regenerate pretty good but maybe thats a regular thing for more simple life forms. Plants seem to have no problems, think about every time we cut grass . Around here we get 2 cuttings of tobacco a season and all without replanting.