Why do people deny evolution?

Leadfoot

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 09:37 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
In other words, I'll believe in Intelligent Design the day they identify the designer and he confesses to it. Until then, spare me the conjectures.

You are saying you don't believe in anything that you don't know the origin and maker of. I guess we have nothing to talk about. You don't know me. I don't exist.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 09:45 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"If for no other reason than the fun it, try the design theory on sometime and see how it fits."

Sheesh, you sound like a drug dealer, or a snake in the garden, or Darth Vader... "Come to the Dark Side boy, try it, it's easier this way...".

Interesting that you might fear thinking about it. I had not thought about that possibility before.
Leadfoot

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 09:46 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
But Jesus never pretented he was God. That´s a case of posthumous deification.

Wrong thread for it but you got that one right!
brianjakub

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 03:40 pm
@Leadfoot,
Jesus never claimed to be God the Father. His body and his words reveal God in the same way that your body and your words Reaveal your ideas. That is why I do only way we can get to know God is through Jesus. That is why God said ( through Jesus the living word ) let us create man in our image. The image being a body a soul and a spirit similar to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
0 Replies

Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 03:45 pm
Some people deny evolution because it denies God exists.
*Shrug* a bit obvious?
edgarblythe

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 03:57 pm
@Laurex,
In fact, evolution makes no judgements about "God."
Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
@ edgarblythe
That would be because evolution is not about judging anything. Its just nature.
OldGrumpy

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:04 pm
@Laurex,
Quote:
That would be because evolution is not about judging anything. Its just nature.

wow! that sound circular to me! it is just nature!!!

lol, that way anything goes!

Come on people this in't 'science' anymore. o wait yes it is ! a religion!

Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:07 pm
If nature was a thing (which we ALL know it certainly is) then God would control it to protect innocent people from natural deaths.
If a God can't protect you, a God obedient, good, perfect person from natural harm, then what is the point of following a so-called God if he don't protect you if he is discriminate/favouritism over his followers?
Sure. Keep on preying guys.
Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:08 pm
@OldGrumpy,
"God!"
OMG..

o sh... did I just, sin!?
Shock I'm doomed to hell!
OldGrumpy

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:10 pm
@Laurex,
Quote:
If nature was a thing (which we ALL know it certainly is) then God would control it to protect innocent people from natural deaths.
If a God can't protect you, a God obedient, good, perfect person from natural harm, then what is the point of following a so-called God if he don't protect you if he is discriminate/favouritism over his followers?
Sure. Keep on preying guys.

That remains to be seen. You presume you do no how God operates! wow!
Well, I don't.

It is more complex and more simple then that, but you have to look beyond the physical. There are the keys to understanding this universe. NOT the stupid academic universities who are here to stop from the truth getting out.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:11 pm
@Laurex,
Quote:
"God!"
OMG..

o sh... did I just, sin!?
Shock I'm doomed to hell!

well I don't know whty you do this but it certainly isn't the way I am thinking.
so, you got it all wrong.
Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:18 pm
@OldGrumpy,
On the contrary.
I've long accepted what religion is, that God exists.

Yet myself as an atheist, I have my opinion, I respond, yet you respond with saying that I have it all wrong.
So really. Who really has it all wrong? Scientists proving via actual archaeological digs that literally predates God, or "facts" based on a "pass-me-down" book(s)? which by anyone's standard can be perceived as both either fake or real?
edgarblythe

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:21 pm
@Laurex,
Evolution does not ask or answer questions concerning a god.
Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
God says the planet is flat....
um.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:23 pm
@Laurex,
Quote:
On the contrary.
I've long accepted what religion is, that God exists.

Yet myself as an atheist, I have my opinion, I respond, yet you respond with saying that I have it all wrong.
So really. Who really has it all wrong? Scientists proving via actual archaeological digs that literally predates God, or "facts" based on a "pass-me-down" book(s)? which by anyone's standard can be perceived as both either fake or real?

yep, they are both fake. simple eh? Truth is always simple!
OldGrumpy

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Evolution does not ask or answer questions concerning a god.

from scratch? That IS circular 'reasoning' of course.
0 Replies

Laurex

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:26 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Well, judging by the amount of people in the world believing in a Go... apparently truth is not so simple for some.
Setanta

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 05:29 pm
@Leadfoot,
That Roswell does not fall for your line of bullsh*t is not evidence that he fears anything.
OldGrumpy

Sun 2 Dec, 2018 12:48 am
@Laurex,
Quote:
Well, judging by the amount of people in the world believing in a Go... apparently truth is not so simple for some.

The amount of people doesn't say a thing.
0 Replies