Why do people deny evolution?

Leadfoot

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:21 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I never deny reality. You should know that by now.

That isn’t true until you can admit your false claim that DNA is self contained and performs its function independently of other organelles (Ribosomes) or furnish evidence that it does.

As I said before, there is no possibility of coming to a common understanding with that kind of error in the mix.
farmerman

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 05:51 am
@Leadfoot,
technically ribosomes arent considered organelles.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:04 am
@Olivier5,
https://answersingenesis.org/fossils/fossil-record/mystery-first-animals/

Keep in mind that when interpreting the fossil record, People Who embrace evolutionism as their religious position interpret the fossil record According to WHEN these creatures lived, Whereas others interpret them more based on WHERE they lived.
In other words, for the most part, sea living creatures were Buried first in the global flood, Animals like birds would usually be buried last.
Helloandgoodbye

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:42 am
In other words, Creatures like These Existed at the same time as all other creatures in the beginning. They are not older just because They were buried first, in the deeper layers of strata.
All about interpretation😉
Olivier5

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:47 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
10 to 50 million years, [...] an eye blink in geologic terms.

Only 70 million years separate us from the dinosaurs, so no, 50 million years is not "an eye blink in geologic terms". It's a very long time.
Olivier5

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 06:49 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
You mistook me for someone who believes in magic.
Olivier5

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 07:04 am
@Olivier5,
Another potential connection between dogs and Neanderthal:

In her book, The Invaders: How Humans and Their Dogs Drove Neanderthals to Extinction, Pat Shipman, retired adjunct professor of anthropology at Pennsylvania State University, sets out a groundbreaking new argument: that what killed off Neanderthal was the devastating hunting force composed of men and dogs, or proto-dogs.

https://m.phys.org/news/2014-05-domestication-dogs-mammoth-sites-success.html
0 Replies

rosborne979

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 07:04 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
I never deny reality. You should know that by now.

That isn’t true until you can admit your false claim that DNA is self contained and performs its function independently of other organelles (Ribosomes) or furnish evidence that it does.

I wasn't talking about DNA, I was talking about a much simpler replicative molecule. I explained that point in excruciating detail and I thought you even penned a post granting me the assumption that such a thing (simpler molecule) must have existed, and moving on to deeper issues. No? Well, maybe I misunderstood your post. Are you suggesting that DNA, or even RNA was the first replicative molecule? If not, are you suggesting the first replicatave molecule, whatever it may have been, was not capable of arising naturally?
Helloandgoodbye

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 07:09 am
@Olivier5,
Once upon a time, milllllllions of years ago......is not magic, well, Sorta.😉
Helloandgoodbye

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 07:11 am
@Olivier5,
I interpret the evidence in a way that puts dinosaurs and man co-existing.Because the fact that evolution is not possible.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 07:16 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
I don't see time or space as magic. They evidently exist, and my brain, which your god designed for little me, tells me that both time and space seem infinite, intuitively. So no, millions of years are not magic at all.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 08:04 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
There is no evidence of a global flood.
Helloandgoodbye

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 08:18 am
@MontereyJack,
Again, it is all about interpretation
KingReef

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 08:22 am
@MontereyJack,
I read a book a while back.

Noah's Flood: The New Scientific Discoveries About The Event That Changed History Paperback – January 25, 2000

With scientific instruments, scientists checked the bottom of the Black Sea. To make a long story short, they found that the Black Sea basin was once a fertile depression around 7500 years ago, and the Mediterranean Sea broke through the Bosporus Straits. The water falling into the basin was supposed to make Niagara Falls look like a trickle, and unbearably loud.

It is possible that Noah's Flood was less world wide, he didn't have to take on every single animal on earth or put them all back in their proper places. I believe that these scientists were possibly right. But it also means that the Biblical story is right, Christian tradition turned it into something more grand. But I'm someone who doesn't mind parting with Christian tradition when it seems right to do so.

The Glomar Explorer
http://static.heavyliftnews.com/media/58/6/5584bf8fd729705fd1aba03017bc896d826f346d874d651482bdaf4678915685_m.jpg
farmerman

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 08:50 am
@KingReef,
Ryan and Pittman have been replaced with more modern tools like LIDAR and SLMS but there conclusions are still pretty accurate.

W e've discussed this many years ago to say that many Biblical Tales aren't total fairy tales but do have some cores of truth from which the stories of Gilgamesh and Noah were just major expansions.
Weve known for years about the encampments and hunting artifacts that were dredged up in fisherman's nets long lining on the Black Sea bed.

However I wouldn't agree that this finding makes the Bible flood tale "scientifically correct" but it certainly was ameans to develop a moral lesson about obeying the new, somewhat narcissistic and psychotic god.
farmerman

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 08:54 am
@KingReef,
PS, I briefly did some time on one of the Glomar ships (The Challenger). While we, of the science trades were busy with drilling. The Challenger had a "moon pool" that was being used to grapple for Russian Subs and airplanes and missile tubes. Howard Hughes funded soma the best spy missions with his fleet of "treasure and Science" vessels
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 09:02 am
@KingReef,
Quote:
it also means that the Biblical story is right, Christian tradition turned it into something more grand. But I'm someone who doesn't mind parting with Christian tradition when it seems right to do so.
Coming to some very poorly evidenced conclusions yourself. Theres so much left hanging that "mere interpretation" of the Pittman and Ryan facts cant stretch into NOAH and hi family and the ARk and all the rest.

I understand that Lonesome Dove was also based upon some facts of a Texas Cattle company. So the story was germinated. Same thing with the Bible's "FLOOD" as well a the tales of Gilgamesh (where the Bible got much of its story)
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 09:09 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Keep in mind that when interpreting the fossil record, People Who embrace evolutionism as their religious position interpret the fossil record According to WHEN these creatures lived, Whereas others interpret them more based on WHERE they lived.
geology does several things in the correlation of fossils.(location, motion of plates, age dating, and correlation with imilar formations) Ken Ham (AIG leader)is not only a bald faced liar he doesnt know shitall about science and especially how geology works.
So he gets gullible smacks like you to buy into his crap and we wonder why the Chinese are leading the world in technology..
ANS:: The Chinese education systems do not countenance BS like we do. Its rally friggin embarrassing .
You realize we USE fossils in resource detection and, were we to, instead, use some sort of Biblical "Science" wed be looking for oil in Ice caps andUranium in beach deposits
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 09:10 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
It's pretty hard to interpret no evidence of a global flood as evidence of a global flood.
MontereyJack

Mon 24 Sep, 2018 09:12 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Why do you think they aren't older the deeper you go?
0 Replies