Why do people deny evolution?

Leadfoot

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:19 pm
@Olivier5,
Quote:
But why would an intelligent designers take millions of year to create species? Why couldn't he do it all in 6 days, or in a split second? Why did he start with simple stuff, and then moved on to more complex stuff? And why did he erase 99% of his work?

All this points to no intelligence at play, and certainly no omniscience at work.

At least you’re starting to ask good questions.

The question of how long the designer took might have several reasons. For one thing, terraforming a planet for our form of life takes eons of time. Starting with simpler life forms (plants) fits well into that reasoning. Earth lacked enough oxygen in the beginning so plant life was needed to get an oxygen rich atmosphere.

Next, The designer evidently anticipated intelligent life that would develop technology and that requires energy. Yet more eons of time were needed for coal and petroleum deposits to develop. Today’s population could not be supported without those resources. Billions would starve without them. It looks like they will hold out until our technology masters renewable energy sources. Good planning?

I do not know the details of what the designer was capable of. Omniscience is not necessarily a given. Perhaps he could have done all this instantaneously, but maybe not. Another possibility is that the designer did not want evidence of his activities directly observable or obvious. Maybe he/they wanted plausible deniability in order to see our development without the factor of us knowing about them. Make it look as if it could be accidental if you don’t look close? This seems plausible since any designer capable of doing all this could easily make his presence obvious if he wanted. (I’m assuming no religious sources in this discussion).

Why wipe out 90% of creation? Deleting the previous stages of terraforming would be advantageous for us. No need to keep dinosaurs around, they were not the end goal of the experiment.

cicerone imposter

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 05:36 pm
@Leadfoot,
God doesn't have to wait eons of time to create anything. Don't forget that this universe was created in six days. He rested on the 7th day for what reason nobody can know. Why does god need a "rest" day?
farmerman

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 08:42 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
The question of how long the designer took might have several reasons. For one thing, terraforming a planet for our form of life takes eons of time. Starting with simpler life forms (plants) fits well into that reasoning. Earth lacked enough oxygen in the beginning so plant life was needed to get an oxygen rich atmosphere.

Next, The designer evidently anticipated intelligent life that would develop technology and that requires energy. Yet more eons of time were needed for coal and petroleum deposits to develop. Today’s population could not be supported without those resources. Billions would starve without them. It looks like they will hold out until our technology masters renewable energy sources. Good planning?

I do not know the details of what the designer was capable of. Omniscience is not necessarily a given. Perhaps he could have done all this instantaneously, but maybe not. Another possibility is that the designer did not want evidence of his activities directly observable or obvious. Maybe he/they wanted plausible deniability in order to see our development without the factor of us knowing about them. Make it look as if it could be accidental if you don’t look close?

None of the above is empirical. Its all "revelatory", since NONE OF IT IS TESTIBLE. Beliefs arent knowledge

OldGrumpy

Mon 6 Aug, 2018 10:10 pm
@farmerman,
"PS ,Ole guy, your knowledge of applied stats really sucks "

Oh no it doesn't.I am actully extremely good at it.
You are just stuck in your circular thinking.
Because you want evil-lotion to be true, so that automatically makes the
math wrong in your eyes .You are too stuck in your belief. However you are not able to tell me where the flaw in the math exactly is, because you just can't. Math tells us there can not be evil-lotion ( the making of diffferent species over many many years, even the whole idea is quit insane!, kind of psychotic.)

Furthermore it seems you are extremely bad at arguing.
You really suck at it.
Instead of good arguments, you are way too vague, like saying 'creationst' say this or that and hence it is wrong.
But you leave out real good counter arguments.
I do understand you don't have them, of course.
You seem to really cling to your belief of evil lotion, don't you?

But maybe you work in this field and make a living out of this enormous crap!?
If so, then these are very dangerous ideas to you of course. And, of course, makes you extremely blind to other, and better ideas.

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 01:09 am
let's do it like this.

What's the change of a random mutation?

0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 02:16 am
@farmerman,
The wrong view of science betrays itself in the craving to be right; for it is not his possession of knowledge, of irrefutable truth, that makes the man of science, but his persistent and recklessly critical quest for truth.

Sir Karl Popper

The Logic of Scientific Discovery
farmerman

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 04:56 am
@OldGrumpy,
Popper changed his mind about everything when he stated emphatically that he was quite wrong about evolution theory NOT able to be falsified.
Why strive for wrongness? that makes no sense. When my research rsults in things called "knowldge" it becomes its own test if it works in the rel world.

farmerman

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 04:58 am
@OldGrumpy,
Quote:
Math tells us there can not be evil-lotion ( the making of diffferent species over many many years, even the whole idea is quit insane!, kind of psychotic.)
Math also says that bumblebees cannot fly.
farmerman

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 05:00 am
@cicerone imposter,
well, ere gonna make the run from Wilmington to Abaco Islands to hve this guys boat rwfurbished. Wonderful being so fuckin rich you can tear apart a 60 ft boat and rebuild it with ll kinds of modern crap.

See you guy after nx qed or Thurs. e may hqve WIFI in Abaco, dont know. (Almost lft shore without our passports, forgot these are Brit Islands.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 05:03 am
@farmerman,
Nice try, but, of course you are making a mistake here.

It is not the math that is at fault, but the understanding of the physics from it.

Now, again, what are the changes of a mutation?
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 05:10 am
@farmerman,
works in the real world???????????????

when will you enter it? lol
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 05:28 am
@Olivier5,
Quote: ‘But why would an intelligent designers take millions of year to create species? Why couldn't he do it all in 6 days, or in a split second? Why did he start with simple stuff, and then moved on to more complex stuff?

is the earth millions of years old, or are you just misinterpreting the evidence?
Did life start as simple bacteria, and morph into a human, Or are you just misinterpreting The evidence?

Through my search for answers and truth, (even though Evolutuonism was my religious position years past) I have concluded the earth, humanity, and all lifeforms have been created in the past approximately 6000 years, and yes in six days.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 05:39 am
@Leadfoot,
At least, you managed to make me laugh. I hadn't read such hilarious finalism since my mandatory reading of Voltaire's Candide in 10th grade. You must have studied under Dr Pangloss, who stated the God gave us a nose so that we could wear spectacles...

Anyway, if some alien race or another wants to hide their mark on earth's evolution, who am I to blow their cover?
MontereyJack

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:32 am
@Olivier5,
A little educational evolutionary doo wop for the doubters
with thanks to Billy Joel, who strongly supports this message
OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:41 am
@MontereyJack,
But, But they only say they even don't understand(It is understudied!!!) it and have to do the research!

Man o man.
MontereyJack

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:42 am
@OldGrumpy,
well duh. that's called science. ever heard of it?
OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:45 am
If people here knew that evil-lotion was CREATED by the freemasons, by the
Royal Society.

It has nothing, nothing, nothing to do with any truths!
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:46 am
@MontereyJack,
well, then what did you want to show with that one?
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 06:47 am
And btw what is the sub-title of "The origin of species"?
(btw NOT written by Charles Darwin!)

well, it seems the truth is really surfacing now! Which is a very very good thing.
0 Replies

OldGrumpy

Tue 7 Aug, 2018 07:07 am
better,

0 Replies