Why do people deny evolution?

informateur

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 06:15 pm
@spendius,
Don't get mad, angry, upset with me spendius. I need something to use up my time. My apologies for coming across as a childish bi*ch to you, to anyone. This thread was started by you then I understand your attack. If not. Then you love me.
informateur

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 06:16 pm
@spendius,
The feelings are mutual. :sincere smile as I look down:
0 Replies

InkRune

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 12:51 am
As I return to this thread, I must once again note how misunderstandings and disagreements seem to rip the general peace into peices (no pun formerly intended, but, it happened to happen). Might I also note that JimmyJ still has reign over the majority of posters here, in the sense of well constructed and (usually) useful and clear posts.

Also, his debating skills leave the rest of you in the proverbial dust, where you attempt to provide secondhand, weak "Evidence" and/or irrelevant insults aimed straight at his person, as a "Back door", while you try to quietly leave the thread.

So, I wish you much success against these literary vagabonds.
Good luck, JimmyJ.
spendius

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:05 am
@informateur,
I'm not mad, angry or upset info. I'm amused. It's always amusing when somebody pops into an established conversation to inform the participants of something they have all heard many times before and which doesn't mean anything anyway.
spendius

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 05:16 am
@InkRune,
You're taking the piss Inky.

James hasn't a clue. His ears haven't been dried yet.

He used two short assertions to answer a post of mine neither of which had any meaning beyond what stamping a foot does. That's his usual procedure with special reference to declaring others know nothing about biology which conveys the idea that he does without further elaboration.
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 06:12 am
@spendius,
I wonder if spendius is trying to start an argument. with me. or. in general.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:13 pm
@spendius,
Spendius, I don't need to ask a series of questions to assess whether or not you know anything about basic biology. All I have to do is ask one:

True or false, evolution is the process by which all organisms diversified.

Since your answer to this is false, I can now rightly claim that you know nothing about modern biology.
neologist

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:19 pm
@JimmyJ,
And what shall we say of one who proclaims theory as absolute?
neologist

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:19 pm
@JimmyJ,
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:41 pm
@neologist,
I said true to myself thinking it. Then read on to see that Jimmy says spendius says false. Hmm. As I lay here thinking to myself.

informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:42 pm
@informateur,
I wonder if Jimmy and spendius are the same person.
informateur

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 08:48 pm
@informateur,
Arrow Shocked
0 Replies

InkRune

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:22 pm
@spendius,
Irrelevant insults. Case closed (Forgive the cliche). Or do not. I really cant say I care.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Thu 23 Jan, 2014 11:52 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

I'm not sure if you're just refusing to learn intentionally, but the difference between "scientific theory" and your definition of "theory" was made clear to you earlier. Did you avoid this, fail to absorb the information, or are you just plain slow?
neologist

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:16 am
@JimmyJ,
I wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
I'm not sure if you're just refusing to learn intentionally, but the difference between "scientific theory" and your definition of "theory" was made clear to you earlier. Did you avoid this, fail to absorb the information, or are you just plain slow?
Scientific method without controlled testing is nothing more than recondite speculation.
JimmyJ

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:40 am
@neologist,
Quote:
Scientific method without controlled testing is nothing more than recondite speculation.

/facepalm

And so continues evidence that you lack learning capability.

If the following sounds familiar that's good. That's because we've had this discussion before (not sure if you have memory problems or not). Do me a favor and go on Google scholar. Type in "evolution". You can accompany evolution with any words such as "controlled testing" or "human evolution" etc. Let me know what comes up.

I am actually a bit ashamed of you right now. Referring to one of science's most established theories as "recondite speculation" is truly a slap to the face of the thousands of scientists throughout the last 200 years that have dedicated their research to understanding biology and evolution.
nameis

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:07 am
@JimmyJ,
Ignorance at it's best.
izzythepush

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:38 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:
Referring to one of science's most established theories as "recondite speculation" is truly a slap to the face of the thousands of scientists throughout the last 200 years that have dedicated their research to understanding biology and evolution.

At least neo can count. The Origin Of Species was published in 1859, that's when the theory of evolution was first circulated. That's 155 years ago not 200. You're really quite stupid aren't you? Any idiot can regurgitate facts and figures, so much easier that actually trying to think.
nameis

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:43 am
@izzythepush,
I was being humorous. Are you. Were you?
0 Replies

nameis

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 02:49 am
@izzythepush,
No one is an idiot unless it is made quite clear.

Who are you? What is going on? Is there a misunderstanding?

Ah. You have a problem with men such as myself.

Those who yell idiot(s) are the idiot(s) for knowing the one being attcked knows nothing of the situation at hand. Therefore. You are the idiot my friend.