Why do people deny evolution?

MontereyJack

Sat 26 Sep, 2015 11:50 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
We very simply have. Why do you persjist in telling lies?
KoreanGodBeliever

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:23 am
@Briancrc,
in 2015 evolution remains a Theory rather than fact. What more can I say?
Quehoniaomath

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:26 am
@MontereyJack,
just show one then!

What is the problem?
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:41 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
KoreanGodBeliever wrote:

Laughing Ignorance exposed again.

http://www.discovery.org/a/6401

Quote:
One of the greatest misconceptions about evolution is embedded in the misuse of the word 'theory' in its application to science. The common antecedents that result in this misuse of the word are manifested in either genuine ignorance, or disguised ignorance. People are either genuinely mistaken of the word's intent, or they are well aware of the word's scientific definition, but still use the nonscientific definition in an effort to spawn doubt. … Evolution, because it's a theory, is a higher form of knowledge than a fact.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 01:43 am
@FBM,
But evidence, mate! evidence? where is it? And I mean for macro evolution of course! there is NONE.

OR just show it!
0 Replies

KoreanGodBeliever

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:00 am
@FBM,
Is "Evolution" a "Theory" or "Fact" or Is This Just a Trivial Game of Semantics?
Casey Luskin
Taking something off of google to prove a point is so ironically absurd.
Which by the way is just Casey's point where he might stand with you on the matter of religion. Casey also states Theory as a higher form of knowledge than a fact. But in actuality, a theory is something that CAN NOT be 100% proven. In simple terms. And You just proved to me how stupid you really are FBM. Sorry excuse for an intelligent life form because you use what you've learned totally out of context and make up your own fairy-tale about life.
What I talk about has been acknowledged by other followers of Christ.
You simply copy and pasted Casey Luskin's idea's off of the internet. Casey is just 1 man. How naive of you to even try and use this as legitimate evidence.
Animals changed through our own lifetime from even 4000 years ago to today. Why does man always have the exact same features for 4000 years? Does it take humans to evolve longer than other animals? There is proof that even bears have changed within the last 4000 years. But why has humans not evolved? Explain this? There is even proof of life forms evolving within the last 400 years. And you want to sit here and rant on about evidence.
FBM

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:05 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
Quote:
a Theory rather than fact

In the context of science, which is what this thread is about, your statement is a blatant demonstration of fundamental science illiteracy.

Quote:
Sorry excuse for an intelligent life form

Speaking of hypocrisy:

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless those that curse you, do good to those that hate you, and pray for those who speak evil about you, and persecute ...

*cough* That's your religion speaking there, homes. Not mine. Very Happy
Quehoniaomath

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 02:31 am
But the problem for evolution THEORY remains that there still is NO EVIDENCE.

At least it was never shown here by anyone.

0 Replies

KoreanGodBeliever

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 03:09 am
@FBM,
Your'e pathetic.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:06 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
KoreanGodBeliever wrote:

So's gravity. Why not disprove it by jumping off a tall building if you're so sure what the scientific definition of theory really is?
0 Replies

Briancrc

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:27 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
what facts? SHOW THEM! You very simply can´t,

They've been presented. You are just ignoring them.

When a crime is committed there is evidence left behind. A detective gathers the evidence and develops a theory of what happened. The evidence left at a crime scene can be substantial enough that a jury finds that the evidence supports the theory beyond a reasonable doubt. Your position seems to be, unless the detective is present to witness the crime as it is being committed no one can be held responsible.
0 Replies

Briancrc

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:31 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
Quote:
in 2015 evolution remains a Theory rather than fact.

What word do you use to describe our understanding of gravity, heliocentrism, or nuclear fusion?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:35 am
Quehoniaomath is a standard, garden variety troll, who came here and was eventually ignored for being a troll, and so he left--it was boring when no one would bite on his bait. Now he comes back, and there's a new crowd who will talk to him, so that he can play his games again, and make himself the center of attention.

It's like having cockroaches--if you don't keep your house clean, you're just feeding them, and you'll never be rid of them. The same goes for trolls--don't feed 'em, folks.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 04:49 am
@Setanta,
An apt description. +1
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 05:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Quehoniaomath is a standard, garden variety troll, who came here and was eventually ignored for being a troll, and so he left--it was boring when no one would bite on his bait. Now he comes back, and there's a new crowd who will talk to him, so that he can play his games again, and make himself the center of attention.

It's like having cockroaches--if you don't keep your house clean, you're just feeding them, and you'll never be rid of them. The same goes for trolls--don't feed 'em, folks.

Interesting, to say the least.

If one doesn't belive in the evolution nonsense, one is a troll,
if one does believe that nonsense one is no troll.

How logical and rational.

Actually, it is one long Ad Hominem.

Now, about the lack of evidence...
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 08:55 am
@KoreanGodBeliever,
KoreanGodBeliever wrote:

Your'e pathetic.

At least I don't resort to logical fallacies when my logic/facticity fails.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html
Quehoniaomath

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 10:28 am
@FBM,
But you won't talk evidence, now would you?
martinies

Mon 28 Sep, 2015 05:21 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Consciousness is evidents of god.
martinies

Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:14 pm
@martinies,
The speed of light as a constant enters the eyes of an observer at a set speed. That is also relative design by nature.
martinies

Mon 28 Sep, 2015 07:46 pm
@martinies,
Evolution is relative design by nature. The relativity in the design of local nature is nonlocality. Relativity as the designer is nonlocality. God is nonlocality as relativity in evolution of relative forms. Death is relativity.
Nonlocality is the creator and designer of locality by means of relativity. Consciousness being nonlocality as relativity.