Why do people deny evolution?

FBM

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 05:46 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's interesting. Indeed the LHB could have something to do with life emergence on earth. Eg through high energy impacts leading to some pro-nucleotides as hypothesized here, or through direct injection of RNA of spacial origin (you posted an article earlier on showing RNA would survive entry in the atmosphere), or even more radically, through direct injection of biological material (panspermia).

That article links to another that discusses 7 of the foremost hypotheses. In case you missed it: http://www.livescience.com/13363-7-theories-origin-life.html

I don't have a favorite among them, being a layman, but I do keep an eye out for developments.
Olivier5

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:51 pm
@FBM,
Good stuff. In the end, it's true we don't know much.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:51 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Olivier5 wrote:

That's interesting. Indeed the LHB could have something to do with life emergence on earth. Eg through high energy impacts leading to some pro-nucleotides as hypothesized here, or through direct injection of RNA of spacial origin (you posted an article earlier on showing RNA would survive entry in the atmosphere), or even more radically, through direct injection of biological material (panspermia).

That article links to another that discusses 7 of the foremost hypotheses. In case you missed it: http://www.livescience.com/13363-7-theories-origin-life.html

I don't have a favorite among them, being a layman, but I do keep an eye out for developments.

Being a layman, as you admitted, how can relate with new developments?
FBM

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:55 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:

By not being totally ignit.
Rickoshay75

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:14 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

Quote:

By not being totally ignit.

Well you're at least interested in it, so that;s a plus.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:17 pm
@FBM,
The article does summarize what the popular press seems to need as "top four or top 20". Many of the "7" means to life could overlap by many of the above used together. Like "common clay, could be part of a way to generate a long chain biopolymer useful for cellular material combind with "Sparks" to generate organic acids or other polymers nedd for a cell wall, via the "Tropsch Process".

I think that, there would almost have to be variable Pre PNA world (RNA<TNA DNA etc) and "Panspermia" just puts it off to another "cradle"
FBM

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 08:26 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, there's plenty of potential overlap among them. I think they should've used "transpermia" instead of "panspermia," but either way, I agree that even if it turns out to be the best answer, it just pushes the investigation into another venue. However that turns out, I see plenty of reason to think that no divine intervention is either indicated or required by the current observations.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:46 am
Now, please, look at how long this strange thread is?

In the meantime...NO EVIDENCE!!!!!!

What some people here call 'evidence' are the Emperor's Cloth.
The religious evolutionistst see a rock and some dirt and they 'see' evolution.
How more ridiculous can it get?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 12:51 am
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
People who deny it can't help themselves. They are unintentionally brainwashed to believe in God, his goodness, mercy, forgiveness, magic, after life, healing power, way of life. Illusion, of course, but real to the God believers

This is a strange post!

All bundled in one. Now let's ee

what doyou mean wuith magic? this is way too vague.
wat do you man with 'healing power' ? way to vague.
After life? Well there is more than enough evidence if you are open to it that it exists
way of life? what the **** do you mean?

Gee, your arguments are lacking a lot in substance.

Ah well maybe you can clarify, please?
Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 04:09 am
it begins to look , if you look at mere facts, that indeed the world is not billion of years old, time 'needed' by evolution.(well it is in reality not needed because it can't happen statistically, but that one is for 'adults'), but just a few thousands!

Hmmmm
parados

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:42 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Another instance of science working toward figuring out how life formed -

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-asteroid-impact-life-earth-20141208-story.html
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 08:51 am
Bill Nye explains evolution in under 2 minutes using emoji "the way you might do if you had too many jello shots." I love Bill Nye.

Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:55 am
@jcboy,
Bill Nye again?????????????????????????????????????????????????

The more than narcissitic babling idiot!!! His voice is terrible, his looks is terrible and I don't even want to talk about this idiots character.
Jesus! He hurts my eyes with his looks and my ears with his extremley terrible voice!

Leave him out of this....pleaseeee

sorry have to go to the bathroom.........vommiting!!!!!

science guy? , science guy? science idiot is more like it!!!!!

And...explaining is NOT evidence mate!

farmerman

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:12 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Hmmm, Frank Apisa says I sound like you, (you know, he calls me a complete idiot nd says Im a big douche bag like you), what do you think?
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 10:27 am
And, let's face it now. evolution against creation/ID as mentioned so many time by non-thinkers here, is actually a false dichotomy.
It was created deliberately and is a form ot the classic divide and rule, and BOTH camps are victim of this.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
farmerman

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 11:06 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
The whole Darwinist nonsense, which takes the creator out of Creation, was carefully calculatedto indoctrinate a mass perception of life with no purpose, one in which we are mere accidents of 'evolution' and life's a bitch and then you die. It still dominates the collective mind of what is bravely called 'science'.

So, by posting this, you now take refuge within a religious tent.

Our own Nostradumass
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 01:13 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:

Quote:
People who deny it can't help themselves. They are unintentionally brainwashed to believe in God, his goodness, mercy, forgiveness, magic, after life, healing power, way of life. Illusion, of course, but real to the God believers

This is a strange post!

All bundled in one. Now let's ee

what doyou mean wuith magic? this is way too vague.
wat do you man with 'healing power' ? way to vague.
After life? Well there is more than enough evidence if you are open to it that it exists
way of life? what the **** do you mean?

Gee, your arguments are lacking a lot in substance.

Ah well maybe you can clarify, please?

Sorry you don't comprehend, but most people do, so let it drop and move on.
cicerone imposter

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 01:25 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Some people refuse to understand that when there's no proof of something, most humans describe them as "magic" because they're not provable. Both god and everlasting life falls into that category; magic.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 15 Dec, 2014 01:49 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:
Sorry you don't comprehend, but most people do, so let it drop and move on

Gee, that is easy, lame and lazy!
You can't do better than that???

figures!
0 Replies