New Bin Laden tape offers truce to Europe. Breaking News!

hobitbob

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Typical Ad Hominem response Bob. Grow up.

Yes, MR. "I advocate invading everywhere, bring'em on, etc.." who has never actually signed up to take part in any of the fighting he seems to so love to contemplate. Again, why did you never enlist? Beween you and McGentrix I am about sick of armchair generals, today. Are you afraid your cigar-choimping frat boy looks would be besmirched? Or are you afraid you would not be able to handle it?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 08:40 pm
Read the text of the actual statement. It's a surpringly eye opening perspective.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 04:02 am
hobitbob wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Typical Ad Hominem response Bob. Grow up.

Yes, MR. "I advocate invading everywhere, bring'em on, etc.." who has never actually signed up to take part in any of the fighting he seems to so love to contemplate. Again, why did you never enlist? Beween you and McGentrix I am about sick of armchair generals, today. Are you afraid your cigar-choimping frat boy looks would be besmirched? Or are you afraid you would not be able to handle it?
I could just as easily ask you why you don't fight for the other side, but don't, because that too would be an asinine Ad Hominem Attack. We've had this conversation twice before already, Bob. I'll be happy to debate my positions with you... if you ever decide to behave like a grown up. I won't engage your Ad Hominem attacks on me. I'm quite sick of them, really, and will probably report future abuses. GROW UP
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:20 am
If Bin Laden and his followers were only carrying out war tactics, then why was the world trade center targeted? That is not a place where weapons are developed or a government building where our leaders are. So the reason that the world trade center was attacked could only be because it would cause the most damage in a way sure to get the whole US and its citizens attention and it worked. They might not have known that it would have caused that much horrific damage (though what they planned was horrific enough in that they took innocent lives on board a plane and rammed a building knowing people were inside that were sure to be killed...) but they knew that the world trade center was a place that was important to the whole world so they would get the whole world's attention.

I guess the ethical question is, do we pay attention to what he wants or his grievances are to see if what he says has any merit or do we just ignore the underlining problem and keep going after the ever continuing conveyer belt of terrorist militants on into eternity? If what he says does not have any merit, then we should try to prove that to the whole world including those who follow Bin Laden, but if what he says does have merit then perhaps we should consider what to do about it while at the same time still holding Bin Laden and his followers accountable for their actions. I guess what I am trying to say is I think it is too simplistic to just dismiss terrorist as those who just want to "disrupt freedom."
0 Replies