how to add an image in a topic?

sosh

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:37 am
how can i add an image in a question or a topic?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:55 am
@sosh,
You will need to upload that image to one of many free hosting sites:
http://flickr.com
http://tinypic.com
http://photobucket.com/‎
Etc....

Take the provided link and post it here using the ...
Code:[img][/img] BBCode
[img][/img] + http://i44.tinypic.com/167ngwp.jpg =

http://i44.tinypic.com/167ngwp.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:24 am
@sosh,

the only thing i'll add is preview your post to make sure the image is visible and the size you want it to be...
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 10:39 am
An alternative is to take a screenshot of the picture and save it onto your hard drive, then e-mail it to a friend or somebody who's got an image-site account so he can send you the pic link to put in your post
dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:37 am
@sosh,
I'd spent what seems like hours at the attempt before finally discovering how to transfer a snapshot into The Cloud and was triumphant until I realized immediately afterward I had forgotten how I did it. A subsequent attempt to convey the pic from Cloud to Website such as a2k proved equally unsuccessful

As I recall it was Photobucket. Returning to the site where it seemed to occupy dozens if not hundreds of pages, after extensive search I found my illustration but then after more fruitless trials finally gave up the effort to copy it into my posting

It's all the fault of the PC programmers responsible for editing routines. They reason the more complex their procedures the more we will appreciate them

So Sosh, if you should happen to know somebody who's good at that sort of thing, Romeo's is by far the best suggestion
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 11:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
An alternative is to take a screenshot of the picture and save it onto your hard drive, then e-mail it to a friend or somebody who's got an image-site account so he can send you the pic link to put in your post

Why on earth would one do that? If you have the capacity to save a picture to your hard drive, then email it to someone else, you have the capability of sending the image up to the cloud yourself. Why make this any more difficult that it is?

These image sites are free hosts, and you usually don't need an account or to log in to host the image at these sites. (Or if you need an account, use a different image hosting site.)
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 12:24 pm
How to add an image to A2K in 6 painfully easy steps:

1. Navagate to "imgur.com." You can type those words in the browser address area each time, or perhaps if you're feeling adventurous, save it as a bookmark/favorite.

2. Click on "Computer" in the "Upload images" section on the page. You might have to look for this, but it's sorta toward the upper right of the page.

3. Navigate to your image on your computer. (Pretend you are going to email it to a friend.)

4. Click "Start Upload".

(Seconds later .... Voila ... your image is now hosted on the Internet!)

5. Copy the link to the image, which is found to the right of the displayed image. (I use the "BBCode" link, and just paste that directly into my A2K post -- it adds the IMG codes so I don't have to. Otherwise you can use the "Direct Link" and add those codes yourself.)

6. Paste the link into your A2K post (using the IMG codes if using the "Direct Link" method, or without using the IMG codes if using the "BBCode" method.)

(Voila again ... you have just added a link of your image to your post. Always preview to make sure it worked properly.)

Note: The IMG codes should like something like this, as they surround the link to your image in your post:
Code:[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Kxym77c.png[/IMG]

dalehileman

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 02:11 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
If you have the capacity to save a picture to your hard drive, then email it to someone else, you have the capability of sending the image up to the cloud yourself.
That's true Tico, provided you're an expert with postgrad degrees in the digital field, have some 22 years' experience navigating it, and possess an unusually even temper

Thank you however for posting #……872, which I've fwded to my No. 2 Son, who has revealed an interest in the process and whose patience explaining stuff like this to an 83-year-old having incipient Alz's is immeasurable
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 03:58 pm
@Ticomaya,
Very well written and pretty straight-fwd-process. My g/f followed it and she's not an IT expert. I think that can be followed by a neophyte with little problems.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 12:09 am
Emailing a pic to a pal so that you can access it through his image-hosting account is definitely easier than opening an account yourself if you don't like all the registering hullabaloo.
I'd only recommend opening your own account if you regularly post lots of pics in forums, so that you won't have to go running to your pal all the time.
I use Photobucket and Imageshack myself, they're free up to a certain limit (about a few hundred pics) but they'll eventually ask you for money if you go over that limit, but it's cheap so no big deal.
One more thing- always burn your pics to DVD as backups so they won't be lost if Pbuck or Ishack or your computer should one day go into meltdown
0 Replies

swastik

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 06:49 am
@sosh,
First you upload your photo on free hosting sites and social media sites and get the source (URL) of the your image. Then you ask a question on this site and reply to a question the you can add this picture by the source (URL). When you ask a question then you can add your image by this code "[img] Image URL [/img]". If you can reply to any question then click on the "IMG tag" for adding images. After clicking "IMG tag" show these codes "[img] Image URL [/img]". By this code you can add a photo in your post, question and answers according to your.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 01:36 pm
@sosh,
Quote:
how can i add an image in a question or a topic?

If the image is already on the internet(say you googled it) there's a much easier way than uploading it to a free host site.

Just left click the image to bring it up, then right click on it. You'll see a "copy image location" on the list. Left click on that.

Then left click Img on the BBCode editor above your reply
Then right-click where the cursor is flashing and left-click paste

That should post your picture.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 06:15 pm

facebook is also a good hosting site...
0 Replies

jaljal

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 12:46 am
Thanks
0 Replies