RIGHT-HANDED TERPITUDE

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 08:16 am
I cannot remain silent any longer. We have some right-handed members here who will post any hatefulness they care to rant about--but what is worse is how the other right-handed members here tacitly support their bigotry by remaining silent. If you don't condemn them, you might as well be one of them.

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 08:18 am
@Setanta,
And here I thought this topic was gonna be about athletics at the University of Maryland (our older nephew's goin' there).

0 Replies

timur

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 08:21 am
I denounce that turpitude as often as I come across it..
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 09:34 am
Being left-handed, I wouldn't dare comment for fear of having my inbox stuffed with hatefulness again.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 10:21 am
@Setanta,
I was told that I started out left-handed as a wee toddler until I was taught that left-handed people are monsters and was forced to use my right hand from then on.

When will the lefties and their sinister port-o-phalangic agenda admit they're intentions and just learn to be RIGHT! Mad
farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 11:22 am
@tsarstepan,
I only use damar varnishes, I will never use Turpitude on a painting
Foofie

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 11:22 am
I have read years ago that while more lesbians are left-handed, than in the general population, not all left-handed women are lesbians.

There is also supposed to be a surprising number of lesbian vegeterians than in the general population of female vegetarians. Well, this makes more sense, since who would think a lesbian likes a frankfurter. Subliminally it could cause nightmares.

Anyway, a left-handed woman, that is a vegeterian, yet is quite heterosexual, might then be dealing with some very strong conflicting emotions?

Lastly, recent U.S. Presidents have been left-handed. I believe the plausible explanation might be that left-handedness might correlate with an ability to analyze better between both sides of the brain. This might put lefties out front for achieving goals. Or, it might also imply that behind a left-handed U.S. President there might be a star baseball pitcher screaming to come out?

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:30 pm
@Setanta,
I believe you have confused the reports of the La Brea tarpit ooze with the right of a free press to publish anything without regard to odor: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct/28/science/la-sci-la-brea-tar-pits-100-years-20131028
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:39 pm
@farmerman,
Turpentine turned out to be trouble. Many of my inhalants, kerosine perhaps first (cleaning copper or zinc plates after inking and rolling) were from doing stuff I loved. Now bad, eh.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:42 pm
@neologist,
Interesting tangent. By the way, their headline:

La Brea tar pits celebrate a century of stink, ooze and amazement

indicates an odd homocentric fixation, don't you think? Like it's existance began when people first started noticing it. In fact, it's interest is only derived from the antiquity of its fossils.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:46 pm
@Setanta,
People don't order surf and turf nearly enough.

And whatever happened to creamed spinach as a side?
neologist

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:19 pm
@roger,
There is some interesting speculation about how prey animals fell victim as compared to predators who couldn't resist the trapped meal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:12 am
@neologist,
Are you sayin' journalists' writing stinks? I'll go along with that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 11:13 am
@ehBeth,
I'll take the lobstah . . . an' you can have the steak. I'm OK with creamed spinach--it's the brussels spouts i can't deal with.
roger

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 02:59 pm
@Setanta,
Down here, instead of creaming the inedible they smother it in green chili.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 03:06 pm
@Setanta,
Ooh, pass me the sprouts.....sizzled in butter, brown sugar and a tiny sprinkling of nutmeg......yum yum pigs bum!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:04 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I don't got no sprouts. I'll pass you the pencilled terps, aka turnips.
neologist

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:43 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I don't got no sprouts. I'll pass you the pencilled terps, aka turnips.
Oh no! Ternips is rude!
Mebbe that's what Set is talkin about
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:53 pm
@neologist,
Roses on the piano, tulips on the organ.

Cool
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 10:09 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Roses on the piano, tulips on the organ.

Cool

Your double-entendres are getting almost as bad as some of mine, Bethie.
0 Replies