Clinton to blame for intelligence failures

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 01:36 pm
McGent, You have never heard me say Clinton was blameless. You need to stop jumping to conclusions about my opinion, and need only ask for clarification.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:18 pm
Just for argument sake, can you imagine the blame that would've accrued to Al Gore if he was President in 2001? The mind boggles...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:22 pm
That's the reason most of us don't waste our time thinking what "should/could have happened." That's now history in most people's books.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:57 pm
I agree c.i. What's more important, bickering about blame, or moving on with solving the problem?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
Agreed. Unfortunately, with an election looming,the blame game will be played. My strong suspicion is that most voters will be smart enough to know that neither side really wins.

I mean, I have little respect for Bush, but I don't really think he was responsible for letting 9/11 happen. The denial of any shred of responsibility by his team is a bit annoying, but hardly surprising...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
Quite frankly, I think Bush Jr. is just too dull-witted to accept responsibilty. That, and the fact that he really is a born slacker. Of course the blame game will be played in an election year, but can't the government give at least a smidgen of truth to the people? American presidential elections just seem to be turning into "American Idol", shout loud and confident to keep your post, and when the Simons of the world criticize you, just shout them down with booos and hisses. Grow up, America.
0 Replies