Are construction workers easy to talk to?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 05:03 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Older guys, even those only 4 or 5 years older than you, will know you are interested. Decent men won't take advantage of that, but some will see you as fair game. Ted Bundy looked like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, young women trusted him and it ended badly for those women. As living breathing creatures we all have experienced that skipped beat when we find someone who appeals to us. But even introducing yourself, you really won't know what kind of man he is. He could have a criminal record, he might be a registered sex offender, and he might be as pure as the driven snow. But you will not know that simply because he smiles and has a pleasant way about him.

I get the idea that you think there is a cutoff point age wise where you will dismiss the advice others have offered. I'll tell you what I told my nephew when he gave me a bullshit answer to my question. I said Brian, I've actually been your age at one time, i know exactly what you are doing. You haven't made it to 45 yet, so don't assume I'll fall for that tired old song and dance, Because i tried it with my parents. They didn't buy it either. I understand at your young age, you might be confident, but keep all your senses sharp, because you simply don't have the same upper body strength as a man in his mid to late twenties.
That applies to all professions, I'm not singling out construction men.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 05:39 pm
@glitterbag,
I misunderstood the beginning statement. "Older guys, even those only 4 or 5 years older than you, will know you are interested. Decent men won't take advantage of that, but some will see you as fair game."

Could you please elaborate or go into more further detail of what you were saying? So because so and so is 4-5 years older, youre saying a bad guy would take advantage(manipulative) whereas a decent guy would not? And what do you mean by fair game also? I got a vibe, just this intuitive feeling from my gut that he's a good guy, but I'll see.

How could he have a criminal record, or registered sex offender as a construction worker? I believe it's a family-owned construction company, of course there are others. But it's a huge professional company, no games I can tell. As I stated in my original post, they are building a new high school. There in the high school zone/vicinity. I feel like if he was under either of those categories he would not be allowed---under the company job description as well as the working area. Of all the things you said, that I can admittedly say I strongly disagree he is any of those titles. And yes, I will have to converse more to deeply, personally know him. First impression/greeting won't cut it that's for sure.

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "cutoff point age wise"??
You have more experience than him of course, yes.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 06:06 pm
@glitterbag,
It's been a while since we've last seen each other, in terms of my gym class, we are not going out anymore due to the cold. But it's been almost a whole week, closer to a tad bit over a week. It was the Tuesday before Wednesday, the week of thanksgiving I last saw him. That whole week was vacation, and presently tmro is Friday. This upcoming Wednesday is my plan for going to the track, so if everything goes as planned I will see him then. He doesn't strike me as someone who is desperate in terms of anything---whether it be taking advantage of myself or manipulativeness. Not sure if he has seem me but there's a chance he has, anyways very often I have taken the bus home from school and the area where you wait outside, you get a view of the construction site and I've seen the cat from afar, and I've seen him clearly. So if I had no problem seeing me, I'm sure he could have spot me. Also I feel like he would have gone out of his way into doing something. I don't know what it is, maybe my intuitiveness, despite not meeting him, not knowing him personally, but through the non verbal communication, I just don't see him as someone who is going to be a bad man. Often times I like to have a positive outlook, and be optimistic, but this here is coming from my gut. That time where we maintained our eye contact, and he was working with this particular dirt pile by the fence nearby along the track as I was walking by, when I got closer that was when I was close enough that he said something, mouthed it but unfortunately I could not decipher what he had been saying. I remember after I was smiling and kept walking. But that was it and we continued our normal routine.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:36 pm
Sweetheart, before I invest anymore time I must consult with the other posters that I hold in high regard.

This is for Osso, Punky, Butrflynet, ehbeth, cherrie, chai2, his lordship and Ticomaya.

Please fellow members, the advice I gave several posts back, was it confusing to anyone of you. I'm frankly at a loss. It seems irresponsible to verify nonsense such as, criminals and deviants wouldn't be hired to do construction. However, I'm a tad exhausted, and I have other things to do. Help a buddy out here, please.
cherrie

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:53 pm
@glitterbag,
I'd love to be able to help you, but I've had to give up on this one.

It's extremely frustrating to keep talking round and round in circles, knowing that none of it is sinking in.

The online psychological test that told her she was 'very realistic' was the last straw for me.

She is going to go on believing what she wants to believe, no matter what anyone says.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:56 pm
@glitterbag,
Why the hell would they want to hire a criminal?! After I said, FAMILY OWNED COMPANY
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:58 pm
How do I delete this ******* post, anyone know? I'm sick of negativity.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 12:00 am
@glitterbag,
The post above should clarify it for you, Glitter. She is only interested in being told what she wants to hear. A pop psychology website told her she has a vast wealth of worldly experience and insight not equal to decades of life experience people are sharing with her. I was just as much an invincible know it all as a teen (and still am according to some Smile )

Hopefully someone in her life will be able to get through and she won't have to learn the hard way like many of us have.

I do want to thank you, though, for saying pretty much what I would have said if I had decided to invest more effort into it.

As far as deviants and criminals go, I have just one thing to say...

Ariel Castro worked as a bus driver for the Cleveland Metropolitan School District and family and neighbors never suspected a thing. I'll bet a lot of people were saying to themselves, "but it is a school district, they'd never hire someone as evil as him!"

Hopefully, our young lady here knows who he is and how he lured the girls to capture and keep them prisoner for 10 years.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 12:11 am
@Butrflynet,
I'm not saying this construction guy is dangerous, in fact it really has nothing to do with him. I'm concerned about how easily a wink and a smile from a stranger has this young lady mesmerized.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 02:39 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

How do I delete this ******* post, anyone know? I'm sick of negativity.

When everyone else is basically disagreeing with you and the overwhelming consensus of opinion is not acceptable, do you even have it within you to stop and think for one millisecond that you may be wrong?

No. Course not.

Carry on. You're young and headstrong, and will do exactly as you want.

We've all been there and done that, to one extent or another. The only difference is that we didn't have the facility to open up a dialogue about it to THE ENTIRE WORLD.
The internet is a wonderful thing, but sometimes your little princess tippytoes world will collide with a world that contains people who may actually give an opinion that you don't like.

Tough. You opened the box. Maybe it's a lesson for the future.

Think before you flounce.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 05:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
Disagreeing? I'm misunderstanding certain pieces of what people are saying, I have simply asked if they could elaborate and instead of going fourth elaborating they complain about going around in circles but nothing is sinking in... No win situation here. And you people wonder why you're losing you're heads over this. I get the base of what most of you are saying. But I have a LANGUAGE-based learning disability...would you like me to apologize for that?? Some things require more of an in depth explanation for me to get the point across. I don't need things repeatedly said, I just need a better explanation. Good. Lord.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 05:36 am
@Butrflynet,
You know for your information, I was and have been listening to all of you. The information HAS sucked in. It's a bit difficult when you're dealing with rude people, may I add. I do not know everything. But it's also pretty difficult when you're retaining the information that you don't entirely understand unfortunately due to your language-based disability, as well as being immensely fatigued throughout the course of the week. Need I say more?
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 05:39 am
My intention regarding this whole thing was for me to be informed, obviously in a positive, NOT argumentive way. For a post like this, you should have read through and had prior notice, infact the common sense that you would need patience for this.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 05:51 am
@Butrflynet,
I find it extremely unbearably awful that any workforce, construction union in this case would have the want to hire any criminal/sex offender whatever it may be. If there's a sex offender out and about working in a people consumed environment, he may have the tendency to act on someone. I just don't believe in having someone like that accepted to a work crew. Everyone in entitled to their own beliefs/opinions.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 07:28 am
I'm not going to have a good experience/first impression if you guys are too busy drilling all the negatives, the horrible things that could happen, rather than being optimistic and focusing on the good that can happen so I can have a smooth experience. Precautions are of course going to be there, I don't even have to remind myself it's just pure common sense, something ingrained. I already had an expectation of myself to be confident, but cautious. Nothing new. You would all be surprised as to how much awareness I have. Now I'm just overwhelmed and stressed.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 07:36 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,

Disagreeing? I'm misunderstanding certain pieces of what people are saying, I have simply asked if they could elaborate and instead of going fourth elaborating they complain about going around in circles but nothing is sinking in... No win situation here. And you people wonder why you're losing you're heads over this. I get the base of what most of you are saying. But I have a LANGUAGE-based learning disability...would you like me to apologize for that?? Some things require more of an in depth explanation for me to get the point across. I don't need things repeatedly said, I just need a better explanation. Good. Lord.

No, you just want someone to come along here and say that they think your love interest is wonderful and that you should go and trot off with him into the sunset and live happily ever after.

Don't be silly when being silly could mean putting yourself in danger.

If you don't like what people say to you here, then bugger off and find likeminded people somewhere else who will tell you what you want to hear.

Teenage girls are much the same the world over.

So are young buck construction workers.

What more can I say?
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 07:36 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I find it extremely unbearably awful that any workforce, construction union in this case would have the want to hire any criminal/sex offender whatever it may be. If there's a sex offender out and about working in a people consumed environment, he may have the tendency to act on someone. I just don't believe in having someone like that accepted to a work crew. Everyone in entitled to their own beliefs/opinions.

You may find it "extremely unbearably awful" that a construction company would want to hire a sex offender, but they do it all the time. Every day, in fact. They may not "want" to do it, but they do it nonetheless.

Why is that so difficult a concept for you to grasp?

Are you blissfully unaware that there is evil in this world that comes in all shapes and sizes and forms, and it would behoove you to heed the advice of strangers that alert you to this fact? This is not merely a "belief/opinion" of posters on this thread, but it's and unfortunate fact of life. We do not live in a warm, fuzzy, cozy world, free of evil, crime, and bad guys.

Big Rock Candy Mountain

Does all this mean the construction worker who has caught your eye is a dangerous sex offender? No, it does not. But you cannot simply look at someone and make an accurate determination of that. And you certainly should not conclude that the fact that he works for a construction company means he has been properly vetted (google it) to ensure he is safe and not a sex offender.

The best course of action is to be careful and vigilant, and have your eyes open to the possibility.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:29 am
@Ticomaya,
I agree, we definitely do not live in a nice world where you can be worry-free. You have my word on everything you said.
Loved your last statement.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 10:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
I am not expecting nor do I want people to say things that I want to hear. I want the blatant truth. I want some flexibility and understanding of people here, not this unnecessary negativity and being argumentive. I've discussed numerous things with people, and they weren't getting easily angered and impatient. Maybe that have more of a sense of tolerance, who knows. But I can happily have a normal discussion with someone without losing either of our minds.

18-19 is not much of a teenage. Once you're 19, you're a year from being 20.

Anyhow, any of the construction you work with strike you as a criminal/sex offender? Do you know of any personally? And from you're own experience, is the construction industry notorious for having workers with bad titles?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Dec, 2013 09:23 pm
I want to thank all the friends on A2K who tried to help me understand why my comments were so hard for our young member to comprehend. Alas, young miss sent me a profanity laden PM suggesting I go "f" myself.

I've never claimed to have the patience of a Saint, in fact I have no patience at all for spoiled, impatient teens with raging hormones. So, in the future I think I will avoid getting trapped explaining life situations to disrespectful whelps who stupidly assume they are on an equal footing with mature adults. Some people have to learn the hard way, I just hope she doesn't manage to seriously injured relying on her razor sharp senses.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:40:17