Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:06 am
Now if someone could give me tips for tomorrow it would be much appreciated. Im going with my friend. But as far as Conversation starters, how to keep my anxiety controlled(if any of you know how) and nervousness
panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:16 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Well, speaking for all construction workers, if I may.

You must show a giddy interest in the nuts and bolts of construction. Even if it bores you out of your skull.

Wait a minute!

Do you want this to reoccur for the rest of your life?

"Honey I'm home"
" Hi Darling. Did you get the drywall ready in the kitchen of the condo for the cabinet installer?

Wouldn't it be more interesting to swoon over a fashion designer at a local mall clothes store?

Or am I being misogynistic here?
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:29 pm
@panzade,
So what are you saying Pan?
That if you marry a contruction worker that's all he'll know to talk about?

I married someone who at the time a metal framer/drywaller and we rarely, if ever talked more than 30 seconds at a time about that subject.

Also, I would have bashed my own brains in if I had to talk about clothes with someone on a regular basis.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:34 pm
@chai2,
Thank you!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:36 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, well darling chai, you've never really fit that regular "gal" mold have you? Very Happy
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:40 pm
As my profile name states, "Equestrian". I love horses. In fact I work at a barn(ride there as well) and am intending to pick up another barn job real soon. Future career, equine trainer, some fitness&health field possibly fitness model as well as assistant trainer. And perhaps some psychology based job, maybe social worker. I like talking to kids helping them and I am compassionate. Been told actually. But anyways none of that conversation type would bother me although I'm sure it that wouldn't be the extent to conversations.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@chai2,
I agree. I'm not much of a clothes/shopping guru.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 12:43 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Yeah, well darling chai, you've never really fit that regular "gal" mold have you? Very Happy

Well, I don't know what a "regular gal" is, as if women, or men fit into any type of mold.

I think it says a lot about the other person too, that their job would define them so much that all they could think to converse about would be their job duties.

It brief, that's what's been so friggin ridiculous about this thread since day one.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 03:42 pm
@chai2,
I tried to warn y all about getting sucked into this thread . . .
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 04:06 pm
@PUNKEY,
Sucked into? All of the problems have been solved, I don't understand.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 10:31 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:
All of the problems have been solved, ...

Yes!

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/yes_napoleon_dynamite.gif
glitterbag

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2014 11:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Would someone remind me why we are trying to help this girl?

I no longer have a clue.
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 03:57 am
@glitterbag,
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:14 am
@Ticomaya,
You don't agree, too?
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:14 am
@glitterbag,
You have helped me.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 05:17 am
I mean anyone could surely help me more by preparing me for today, the day that I'm going down there to talk to him. Kind of nervous. And of course anxiety will kick in...great.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:51 am
No, come to think of it, it was definitely a bratwurst.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:51 am
@Lordyaswas,
Sorry.....wrong thread.
Ragman

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 07:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
Where's the beer?
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 08:00 am
@Ragman,
Where's the beer?

Well, there's this really good looking guy who works behind the bar and I'm sure he's noticed me as he's waved once or twice.
For the past seven weeks, I've been plucking up the courage to order a few beers and am determined to go down there soon to take a deep breath and actually talk to him.
Does anyone have any advice on how to talk to a pub worker?
I mean, are they easy to get on with?.....all I want is a couple of lagers after all. Help!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:48:20