Are construction workers easy to talk to?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Your second paragraph is amendable. I can see that, however I'm very aware and cautious to my surroundings. I'm an alert person. Also, I was not skipping. Let out early due to finishing my exams. Only had one.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:31 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Shocked is right.

What is your goal here?
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:34 pm
@IRFRANK,
What goal did I present in the first place? Goal, intention, same thing.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:38 pm
What is so shocking here? We all knew sooner or later I was going to go down to the construction site. What did you think I was going to do, look for a literal second and be gone? Jog around the field, glancing at the site? No, I'm going to casually walk around and look. I know my boundaries and limits.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:04 pm
Surely I'm not the only one on this site who has raised children, and all of us have been 16 at one time. I'm beginning to have flashbacks to times you would ask your teen daughter or son what the plans were for the evening by starting with "are Sara's parents going to be home? Of course Mom, blink blink! A sleepover? Will Freddy's parents be there? Yes, Mom. Will there be alcohol? Of course not, don't you trust me?

We all know the drill EQ, you claim to be too cool to make a mistake, or get hurt. Has it occurred to you that stalking (damn straight 2 hours is stalking) this poor guy you could get him into trouble? Does that enter into your thinking? No of course not, you think about you.

I've got to ignore this Chinese water torture, you may be smart? But you appear dense, driven and more than a little creepy.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:29 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm not 16, I'm 18. I get the point you're trying to make. Just because a child says yes, does not mean so. The alcohol part you stated, "of course not don't you trust me. I wouldn't fall for that if you really think I'm that dense. I would get more evidence and find out from the parents. Too cool to make a mistake? Ok I'm being blunt here. EVERYONE IS GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES, we all make mistakes. I'm not perfect, I don't think I'm perfect. I'm not invincible, can't avoid making mistakes and sure as hell can't avoid getting hurt. I think you have the wrong image/impression of myself based off my writing. It may have not been two full exact hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes? I don't know, give or take. I was not intending to stalk. I don't see how I could possibly get him into any trouble, I wasn't causing any harm.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 04:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Well thank you for enlightening me in terms of the whole stalking concept, brought it into contrast(is that the right word?) But now that I look at the whole picture, 2 hours, 1 hour and 15 minutes, whatever it was, sure was considered to be stalking. Wouldn't be a big deal if I was waiting for him looking, only if we both knew each other personally and enough that there wouldn't be any creepiness to it. But for myself to just be standing there, and walking around in the same exact vicinity for a long period of time, yes that's too much. Or if we had already spoken and I was just waiting around for him to finish, etc. I get what you're saying. Sorry. I guess I'm slow. But thank you. You were looking out for me.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 04:30 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:

Well thank you for enlightening me in terms of the whole stalking concept, brought it into contrast(is that the right word?)

I think context might be the word you're looking for (maybe).

Did you at least catch his eye and wave at him or something? Just watching him - whether for 5 minutes or an hour - is kind of odd.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:00 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
There is nothing shocking. This is all predictable. We've all been 18. What is your goal? Just to meet and talk to this guy? Why don't you wait until he gets off work and meet by his car and say hello? All this sneaking around is childish. Teenage angst. Hell, go for it, just be careful.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:02 pm
@ehBeth,
No, it was too much of a distance.
Well, deciphering who he was I had to connect the picture of his face and that too a while because last week when I went with my friend, we saw someone in the same colored, same thickness in material, as him but it actually turned out to be a real old heavy-set man.
And I realize that to everyone's impression, but, I must admit I have missed seeing his face and just himself in the number of months I have not seen him. It felt good to just stand by and watch. Why can't a construction site have somewhat of an audience? Someone said a lot can happen in 2-3 months, yes, but thankfully he hasn't changed much from my looks of it just appears to be less lively, he seemed kind of down at least my inpression. He was in a upbeat happy mood whenever I saw him.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:05 pm
@IRFRANK,
Converse with him and get to know him, get to know each other. I'd like to be at the construction site until moves location. First get comfortable and get to know him, and it's right where we left off.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:06 pm
@IRFRANK,
I don't have angst. Please refrain from that word.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:36 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
It sure sounds like angst or obsession.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:42 pm
@IRFRANK,
Well, we've all been thirteen. When I was thirteen, a good school friend had a crush on some guy. Well, first on Elvis Presley, but also this specific boy, and she cadged me into walking with her by his house some distance away, say a mile, 12 or so blocks - I remember thinking, huh?, but going along. Nothing happened. Perhaps she was more advanced than I was, since I didn't get the Elvis thing. Not that I disliked him, I just liked different people.

Later, in a new city rather alone, I had my own weirdness, falling into my own particular take on fantasy football, since I had no actual contact with boys after we moved across the country. Time passed and issues resolved.

A long time later, past 21, a close friend (still, now) went out of her wazoo when her first lover messed around with someone else. She wrote in lipstick all over his windows some dark but not stormy night. But she was, as I was, sort of inexperienced in all these matters, in that we had had little experience with boys, much less boys growing into men. We had both caught up but were not at all savvy. She had actually been in the convent as a postulant, whereas I backed out. She said they dismissed her because her walking was too loud; maybe not for that reason, but I trust her memory of how she was aggravating the upper women, by being herself. I knew her before and after the convent, as we worked after school at the same hospital, and she walked like all the rest of us.

So, somewhat I get all this. And I get that equestrian keys in and hangs on.

I also take it as having the ingredients of obsession and starter stalking, and that is not new.

I figure there is a situation I don't know and is none of my business. Maybe I'd be reaching out if I were her too.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:25 pm
@ossobuco,
I think everyone faces an obsession that starts off as stalking. I like how you used the word ingredients.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:27 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Everyone obsesses with a love interest at some point in their life, I guess that's how to put it.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, I went through this when I was sixteen or so. Girls, wanted to know one, besides mom, but had no idea how to relate. I had teenage angst. Up until I was 40 or so.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 09:04 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Quote:
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Everyone obsesses with a love interest at some point in their life, I guess that's how to put it.

Love interest? Obsession? Yes, they do. Find out when this guy gets off work. Meet him by his car. Find out how old he is. Is he married? Don't be following him around. That's about all I have to say. It's too early to be mentioning love.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 09:15 pm
@IRFRANK,
<smiles>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 09:23 pm
@IRFRANK,
Oh, by the way, love is a product of care, not an explosion of yellow lights.

Or, if not, you will always having to buy new bulbs.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:01:41