Are construction workers easy to talk to?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:16 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Equestrianforlife7xo wrote:
I sent you a message because you were nothing but disgustingly rude to someone my age. You get what you ask for.

and sometimes you need to recognize that you're doing something inappropriate.

Private messaging between friends is one thing, rude messages to others is another.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:17 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
it's evil of people to snap at me

people are not snapping at you.

for the most part, people are responding very very calmly to you - even when you are rude to them
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
You know I wish I could truthfully answer that question, but I honestly couldn't tell you. I have to(at least i try to find the proper manner) to deal and decide how to reply to these(I can't find the right words to use, don't be too hard on myself) but evil, arrogant, mean-hearted people. Especially that their most likely in their 40-50s, and I'm getting viciously snapped at. I have a reason being 18 years old with my hormones being driven all over the place as a man in this forum stated. It's out of my control. He brought some awareness to me as before I had not even thought about hormones taking over. I realize it now so can be cautious to the best of my ability. But it is so not right for older adults to be snapping at someone for their behavior that is due to hormones. Out of my control. Wish I could express myself better. I'm not crying for help either, so please don't jump to conclusions. Keep your assumptions to yourselves.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:20 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
evil, arrogant, mean-hearted people.

if this is your perception of the people and responses here, you may be better off finding another forum to ask your questions

my on-line experience tells me you aren't going to find a much nicer group of people (outside of the political forums) on the internet - but you may want to go and do your own search for a gentler forum
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:21 pm
I try to find the best way to appropriately reply in a calm manner. But it's hard to do so when I have people jumping down my throat, aggravating me and just being plain rude. I have a lack of fully expressing myself, maybe I need to read more? But I don't need the insults and negativity.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:40 pm
@ehBeth,
I understand that, I really do.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:42 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
No one is snapping at you.

You asked for help but don't know what you want help with.
You get angry at us for not helping you in the way you want to be helped, even when you don't know what it is you want help with.
You interpret every comment as a personal attack on you.
You've been intentionally dishonest in your postings here about yourself and have been called out about it.
You get upset about the advice and cautions being given to you and take it as an insult to your intelligence.

Seems to me that you really don't want help with anything, you just needed an outlet to vent some misdirected anger.

Figure out what it is you want help with.
Don't be such a porcupine with everyone.
Stop being intentionally dishonest about yourself in order to manipulate the responses you get. Just be yourself.

In fact, that is probably at the core of what you want help with. Just get comfortable with being yourself and stop trying to manipulate and over analyzing your interactions with people.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:50 pm
@ehBeth,
I think the woman is more reliable to go meet the man, just my opinion in this scenario. As someone stated here before, he may have been reluctant as he was showing signs(mouthing to me, saying someone I could not hear/nor decipher) but because I'm a high school student. Meeting me up after school may be far off the limit to him. I do get what you're saying though.

And that is true, as there are other construction workers around the site. Still doesn't mean I shouldn't be somewhat careful.

Yes I'm aware. There are signs put up where there are restrictions. But there's a walkway along the construction site, the fence in between but you can see clearly.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:51 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Quote:
I'm not crying for help either, so please don't jump to conclusions. Keep your assumptions to yourselves.

No assumptions or conclusions were made. I quoted from your post where you said you wanted help from anyone...go back and read it for yourself.

I asked for clarity about what exactly it was you wanted help with.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:52 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Glitter bag was. I don't have the words to describe that person, nor do I want to waste my time doing so.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:12 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
If you don't like what she has to say to you, either use the thumbs down tool to collapse a specific post from your view, or go to her profile page and use the ignore user button to collapse all posts by her from your view.

She has just as much right to voice her opinions here as you do. You only have the choice in reading them and then deciding how you will react if you choose to do so.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:16 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't know, what she said was so dramatic and totally uncalled for. Not something appropriate to even be said on this forum. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I feel there should be a limit. And she crossed the line.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
If you go back to the root of this whole forum, it brings you back to the main question. If construction workers are easy to talk to. A general consensus.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 03:21 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
So do something about it that is within your control. You can control how you react to it if you choose to keep reading her posts. Both are totally within your control.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 04:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Sometimes I don't know how to appropriately approach someone like her, and I come across the wrong way. Then I regret what I said so I guess I'm just better off ignoring negativity. That's where the difficulty commences.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:10 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Really? Yes. It depends on the individual. Seems clear in your case. Why else would you care if he sees you.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:14 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
If you are looking for nice people, you came to the wrong place. I will say the people who gave commented in this thread are among the 'nicer' people here.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:43 pm
@IRFRANK,
What are you replying to?
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 06:24 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
He's replying to your claim that we are all vicious and evil.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:37:34