Happy Turkey Day Everybody!

jcboy

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:52 pm
Happy thanksgiving. We’re in Miami at grandma’s house. She made a turkey and a ham with all the trimmings and the entire family was there, which is no small family, trust me.

Today we had left overs but she made a fabulous red beans and rice dish that was delicious.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I spent my thanksgiving serving dinner to gram.

but I am jealous of yours.

hope you enjoyed your dinner...
jcboy

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 03:22 pm
@Rockhead,
We're still in Miami and I have Puerto Ricans coming out my ears here, I can't understand half of what their saying.
margo

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 11:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:
These are Brussels sprouts. They are nature's turds....

So true!

Sure is true. I loved the way they were flicked off the plate! Only reasonable thing to do with them!
roger

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 12:29 am
@33export,
I don't think dead trees are meant by the branch in branch water.
Below viewing threshold (view)
33export

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 06:54 am
@roger,
Here, kid, this one's on the house...

http://www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com/smedia/www/2011/04/12/img-hires-group-shot_153638914058.jpg

From the online free dictionary:

creek (krk, krk)
n.
1. A small stream, often a shallow or intermittent tributary to a river. Also called regionally branch, brook1, kill2, run.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 07:28 am
@margo,
I usually hate brussel sprouts but this year, at the Thankksgiving dinner for the drillers, we had brussle sprouts as a side dish, they were cooked in a broth that was really flavorful, then they were cut in half an quick seared until a deep brown around the edges. Then served in a bitter garlic reduction,'DAMN GOOD
jcboy

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 02:26 pm
We’re home from Miami and I have another turkey in the oven. We spent it with family now it’s Thanksgiving for just the three of us.
firefly

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 07:31 pm
@farmerman,
I don't dislike Brussels sprouts, but I rarely think about making them except at Thanksgiving, when they are always one of the the green vegetables on the table.

I like the petite Brussels sprouts, which I can usually only find frozen, but that's fine with me. If I use the larger sized, I always cut them in half, the way you had them. The bitterness of the sprouts contrasts perfectly with the sweetness of the other Thanksgiving foods--a candied sweet potato and granny smith apple combo, my homemade cranberry/orange/pineapple relish--that are always on the menu. And I love the sprouts just tossed with some sesame oil, which gives them a very nice flavor.

I think Brussels sprouts often get an undeserved bad rap.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 07:45 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
We’re home from Miami and I have another turkey in the oven. We spent it with family now it’s Thanksgiving for just the three of us.

You guys must really like turkey. Laughing

I like it too--especially leftover turkey sandwiches with my cranberry relish and coleslaw. They are always messy to eat, but yum...

http://300cdn.strategicinforma.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Forbidden5cranturkbrussLO.jpg
jcboy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 05:13 pm
@firefly,
Antonio loves his turkey sandwiches Wink
0 Replies

33export

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:42 am
@roger,
This is my best source of branch:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4940678147343621&w=184&h=142&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

0 Replies