clangi

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:05 am
I was wondering if anyone knew what the translation of Lyam Bryce O'Brien is in the Scottish form of Gaelic is? I would like to get it as a tattoo since that is my sons name and I am proud of him and my Scottish heritage.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 900 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:12 am
@clangi,
Erm....I may be wrong, but isn't O'Brien an Irish name?

http://obrienclan.com
clangi

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:15 am
@Lordyaswas,
yes it did originate from Ireland and I am Irish but I was born in Dundee Scotland and lived in Brechin for awhile as my mum is from Scotland my father is from America and Ireland thats why I have an Irish last name.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:19 am
@clangi,
So basically you're just like the rest of us Brits who have ancestors from far and wide.
I have Welsh, Scottish, English, Viking and a smattering of southern hemisphere in my ancestry, but was born in England and think of myself as English, so I see where you're coming from.
Hopefully, a gaelic expert will come along shortly....

Good luck.
clangi

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 04:30 am
@Lordyaswas,
Yes that is correct I am a complete mixture of Brit. As far as I was told I am Scottish, Irish, English, Welsh, German, American, and Native American. I have always been interested in my heritage and wanting to know more. I had just found out a few years ago where the name O'Brien truly derived from Brian Boru.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2013 03:33 pm
I'll give this a bump, as most people on A2K don't get up until about 5 or 6 hours after the rest of us in the civilised world.

Right now, the average a2ker will be thinking about what they're going to have for their evening meal, or praying for the clock to speed up so they can get out of the office and go home.

Any gaelic experts out there?
0 Replies