Does reincarnation occur or is it all just hoax?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 07:07 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Is that your way of saying that you do not know...that what you said about after death is a pure guess?
Picture yourself in front of 2 doors, old friend.
Door #1. My doggie Tobias Fleabitis
Door #2. Tyranoeatfrankosaurus
Guess which door is best to open
Hint: Tobias insists on being petted. Tyrano insists on being fed.
I know its just a 'guess' Frank. But give me some credit for thinking it through

C'mon, Neo. You are now claiming that you are guessing about what happens after death...but that you deserve credit for "thinking it through?"

Unless you are a GOD, Neo...everything you are saying about what happens after death (other than the deterioration of the body)...IS A PURE, BLIND GUESS.

You can acknowledge that...or you can pull the kind of nonsense you are trying here...attempting to skirt the issue.

Take the next step, Neo.
neologist

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 10:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
I guess if I drive my car into a tree, at the least I will have inconveniece. I guess if I die I won't know anything. I guess you really do live in New Jersey. And I guess tomorrow night's game will be a multi brew event. All these statements have varying degrees of certainty to the point where I consider it complete idiocy to assume anything other than death leading to nothingness.

Put whatever spin on that you wish, Frank
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 10:45 am
These things you mention aren't the same as guessing what happens after death. You've witnessed these other things before, even if only in the news. When you drive a car into a tree, the mechanics is simple. The car is damaged and the person receives some kind of mechanical shock. You have no such information about what happens to people after they die. That is a pure guess.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 10:56 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Will u be good enuf to reveal the source
of your information on this particular point ?

No I will not, because I don't have to. The default position for extraordinary claims is that they are complete and utter bullshit until they can be demonstrated with evidence. And I've seen all the supposed "evidence" for this type of **** before and it's all worthless anecdotal evidence or misrepresented science.

Nobody has ever, ever, had accurate knowledge of unusual remote events which have been verified. If they had, then science and scientists would be ALL OVER IT like starving wolves over a steak. But they're not, and that tells us all we need to know.

So if you've got something more valid to offer then step up. Otherwise it's Bullshit by default (just like all the other crap that people claim that can't be verified or validated).
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 11:03 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I guess if I drive my car into a tree, at the least I will have inconveniece. I guess if I die I won't know anything. I guess you really do live in New Jersey. And I guess tomorrow night's game will be a multi brew event. All these statements have varying degrees of certainty to the point where I consider it complete idiocy to assume anything other than death leading to nothingness.

Put whatever spin on that you wish, Frank

My spin would be that an assumption that it would be idiocy to assume anything other that nothingness after death...is equal to an assumption that it would be idiocy to assume anything other than a continuation of being of some sort.

Both are not really assumptions..but rather are blind guesses about the unknown. The proponents of each think they are intellectually superior to the other...and anyone who does not get a laugh out of the irony inherent there really has to work on his or her sense of humor. Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 11:04 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

These things you mention aren't the same as guessing what happens after death. You've witnessed these other things before, even if only in the news. When you drive a car into a tree, the mechanics is simple. The car is damaged and the person receives some kind of mechanical shock. You have no such information about what happens to people after they die. That is a pure guess.

A rare moment of complete agreement here, Brandon. Glad you see things this way also.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 11:43 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I'm with Roz on this. If any consciousness should survive death, there would be irrefutable evidence, such as genius historians, legions of child savants, etc. Instead, there is gobbledegook.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 11:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Both are not really assumptions..but rather are blind guesses about the unknown. The proponents of each think they are intellectually superior to the other...and anyone who does not get a laugh out of the irony inherent there really has to work on his or her sense of humor. Wink
I don't consider myself intellectually superior, just fortunate not to have swallowed the BS Sandwich.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm
Quantum physics proves that there IS an afterlife, claims scientist
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2503370/Quantum-physics-proves-IS-afterlife-claims-scientist.html
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

It's hard to believe people like that are considered to be scientists given that they posit theories which have no relationship to scientific methodology. His entire argument revolves around the idea that anything in quantum theory which we don't understand can be twisted into an analogy for life after death.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:14 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
. . . I consider it complete idiocy to assume
anything other than death leading to nothingness.
Men used to "assume" that the Earth was flat
and that the Sun traveled around it. That did not affect the facts,
which in time, were more correctly ascertained.
Your fundamental error of assumption is that the man to whom u speak
is his outer covering
, as if u holler to a motorist and u assume that
his car hears u and his car lives and considers the content of your speech.

Your error is one of mistaken identity.

However, your error is harmless
(as it was harmless to assume that the Sun orbits the Earth).

HHHHhhhhmmmmmmmm, I wonder if u have an emotional investment
in future non-existing. I cannot speculate as to its motivation.

David
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:21 pm
@rosborne979,
I think he's full of it, but I thought I would see what a2k thinks.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

These things you mention aren't the same as guessing what happens after death. You've witnessed these other things before, even if only in the news. When you drive a car into a tree, the mechanics is simple. The car is damaged and the person receives some kind of mechanical shock. You have no such information about what happens to people after they die.

That is a pure guess.
not if people who have been thru it,
hooked up in hospitals, return to human life and tell u
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I think he's full of it, but I thought I would see what a2k thinks.

Understood.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
not if people who have been thru it, hooked up in hospitals, return to human life and tell u

More bullshit and bad assumptions. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all. People are terribly inaccurate observers of reality even under the best of conditions while fully conscious.

We already know as a demonstrated and repeatable fact that physical stimulation of the brain can cause people to see and hear and feel and experience things which they swear are completely real and which we know are not. The same results occur with electrical stimulation and chemical changes. Anecdotal evidence is less than worthless, all it does is confirm what we already know which is that people's perception of reality comes from their physical brain and can be manipulated and changed by small alterations in the physical brain.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 01:38 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
not if people who have been thru it, hooked up in hospitals, return to human life and tell u

More bullshit and bad assumptions. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all. People are terribly inaccurate observers of reality even under the best of conditions while fully conscious.

We already know as a demonstrated and repeatable fact that physical stimulation of the brain can cause people to see and hear and feel and experience things which they swear are completely real and which we know are not. The same results occur with electrical stimulation and chemical changes. Anecdotal evidence is less than worthless, all it does is confirm what we already know which is that people's perception of reality comes from their physical brain and can be manipulated and changed by small alterations in the physical brain.

Eyewitnesses in legal proceedings are a perfect example of people not knowing the truth about what they saw.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 02:21 pm
@rosborne979,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Will u be good enuf to reveal the source
of your information on this particular point ?
rosborne979 wrote:
No I will not, because I don't have to.
I understand!! No rugs on the floor
nor any televisions for THIS gentleman,
because he does not HAVE to; got it.

rosborne979 wrote:
The default position for extraordinary claims
is that they are complete and utter bullshit until they can be
demonstrated with evidence.
I see; the heliocentric structure
of the solar system was bovine excrement
until it was PROVEN, and Bernie Madoff was 1OO% innocent,
of the highest civic virtue and ethical probity, until the day that it was PROVEN otherwise.
I don 't join in your vu of this, with all respect.

rosborne979 wrote:
And I've seen all the supposed "evidence"
for this type of **** before and it's all worthless
anecdotal evidence or misrepresented science.
Really??? U 've seen it ALL??
Its to your credit that u 've been working so hard
and applying that much of your attention to it.
I 've seen and heard and experienced a lot of it, for YEARS,
but I 've not been as indefatigably zealous and scrupulously assiduous
in the analysis of all this material. Based upon my personal experiences
of having what I recognize to be the REAL ME out of my human body,
I can credit the principle upon which others rely.
I have found that when the subject arises in conversation,
surprisingly high proportions of the people with whom I 'm speaking
have their own personal adventures with out-of-body experiences,
either in states of ordinary good health, OR regarding near death experiences.
To me, its astonishing how pervasive this has been.
A lot of it (the vast majority of it) has never been committed to writing
so its very impressive that u were able to see it ALL.

rosborne979 wrote:
Nobody has ever, ever, had accurate knowledge of unusual remote events which have been verified. If they had, then science and scientists would be ALL OVER IT like starving wolves over a steak. But they're not, and that tells us all we need to know.
It does, huh??
U r a man of uncommonly great faith.
I remember the account of my acquaintance, Mary Francis,
which was verified by her attending obstetrician
and verified by her husband. I don't believe that anyone
told your "scientists", but u were right in that thay were not
all over Mary Francis like wolves.

Then there were the fellows who were dis-inherited
because thay were bad mouthing their family member
while he was dead in surgery. Human decedent was present,
tho not visible, in the waiting room. After returning to human life,
thay visit their estate attorneys. Columbus was not rong
because his vu of the world was not popular.

rosborne979 wrote:
So if you've got something more valid to offer then step up.
In exchange for WHAT??
I 'm equally as well off whether your belief system is right or rong.

rosborne979 wrote:
Otherwise it's Bullshit by default
(just like all the other crap that people claim that can't be verified or validated).
I believe that this logic is very badly flawed,
but I have no motivation to change your mind.

The weather is just DELIGHTFUL in South Florida today! I love it.

David
rosborne979

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
So if you've got something more valid to offer then step up.
In exchange for WHAT??
I 'm equally as well off whether your belief system is right or rong.

As I thought, you've got nothing. All you're doing is rationalizing anecdotal evidence into something meaningful to you and peppering it with flawed analogies and decrepit arguments, all of which you yourself could probably tear apart if you so chose. But you don't.

The lengths to which people will go to support their delusions is amazing to me. You demonstrate it with every paragraph you write. You have abandoned your own logic and intellect in favor of a desperate emotional desire to have the evidence somehow support your delusion, which it doesn't.

If this weren't, to varying degrees, the norm for human behavior it would be shocking. Unfortunately, it's all too common.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 04:37 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
I don't consider myself intellectually superior, just fortunate not to have swallowed the BS Sandwich.

Actually...the force at work here is that you are willing to present blind guesses...as reasonable assumptions.

I am not.

neologist

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 07:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Actually...the force at work here is that you are willing to present blind guesses...as reasonable assumptions.

I am not.
Please expound on your definition between guess and assumption