Should i allow my son to visit his father who is in Prison for life?

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:15 pm
@cindy21,
Quote:
My family agrees that my son should not go to visit his dad until he is 18, and i feel i will not get much support from them if i did decide to do it before that age.

My so even if your son as a late teenager would wish to visit his father your family would be for blocking him from doing so until he is a legal adult!!!!

It is up to you not your family in any case and there can be contacts of a lesser degree then a visit to start with.

Wish you all the best in any case as this issue can not be an easy thing to deal with.
BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@BillRM,
You know there are times and this is one of those times that I would love to see who voted one of my postings down so I could ask them directly why they did so.

Let see for not agreeing with her family that if the child would express a wish to visit his father even as a late teenager he should be block from doing so until he reach legal adulthood?

Suggesting that she could start by allowing some contact with his father short of visits and see how it would go?

Or for wishing her the best as it can not be an easy situation to deal with?
Baldimo

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:42 pm
@BillRM,
Could it be because you were trying to equate someone in jail with someone serving in the military? A stupid argument if there ever was one.
BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Could it be because you were trying to equate someone in jail with someone serving in the military? A stupid argument if there ever was one.

LOL and there was zero comments about the issue of why a father can not be in a child life in that post that was voted down.

If there is any logic the posts that contain materials/arguments you disagree with would be the ones voted down not one that have nothing to do with such materials/arguments.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Oh the mother here also have some of her postings with votes downs and no matter how many times I read them I can not see any reason for her posts to be voted down.

The whole voting system give odd results and more so with votes down more then votes up.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:29 pm
@BillRM,
You state that "it was one night, I went out with him for 2-3 months, found out I was pregnant 2 months later".

Your son has a Father. You need to bring him into this World and on-going, happy, lively, teach him all the good things in life, to learn and grow and never go against the law. He'll thank you later. Your husband deserves the wife he married, the one that is interested in him, the one that took on your child and is raising him. You deserve peace it was one night in retrospect or a few weeks of dating.

Joe? Made his choices in life. He has to live with that. Send him photos every now and then, he deserves also to see his son grow but to me, that's the end of it. If he was out of jail fair enough. He's not. He's already had fights in there, you show your face or that of the child, who knows what stalker will stalk you to get back at him.

This is my opinion.

Most children that grow up with a "step-parent" in a happy environment love that person as if they were their own, somehow most have an inkling that they were adopted or that the parent was a step parent - you could always state you have 2 Daddies you'll meet the other one day, Mummy and Daddy love you very much.. Just a couple of times so that it's there in his mind and one day he'll ask you.

I do think for your marriage sake, for the child's sake, you should not even broach the idea at this point in time. You should concentrate on the love of 3 and bring this child up in a happy environment.

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 04:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
First why did you reply to a post of mine to reply to her?

Not that I agree with your comments as what are you suggesting that she keep it secret from that child that his bio father is in prison and not her husband?

As if you do not keep that fact a secret there is a good chance that the young man sooner or later will wish to have some contact with the man.

So either she will have to block him from having contact with his bio father or she will have to lied to him about his family history and neither actions is likely to cause him to be grateful to her once he had growth up in my opinion.
0 Replies