Reverse postings

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 02:30 pm
How do I get the latest posts listed atop the thread?

roger

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 02:49 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
I think you select "My Preferences" from the options at the bottome of the page. One of the options there is:

Put unread topics above read topics: YesNo

I think you should pick "Yes".

Not real sure if this does it, but that I have set it to "No", and the posts come up most recent at the end. Give it a try and if you don't like it, change it back and keep looking through your preference options.
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 02:52 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
I always just click on new posts, or new topics. You can also click on Popular.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 02:58 pm
@roger,
I agree - I also have mine set to NO and always see posts in reverse order, including the ones I've read already. I also get a red NEW notice if I haven't read something yet. I'm not sure if that is another preference choice or if it just happens..
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 03:23 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Thank you all! Your help is appreciated.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 03:26 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Also, welcome to a2k, Jack of Hearts. It's a zoo here, you might get to like it.
There are different ways to navigate the site, and you'll work out your own. I like to see all the topics as they are posted, and click off (thumb down) the ones I don't want to see again, which is probably because I am not interested in the subject matter - a kind of housekeeping in case I want to look back over the threads of the last day or two to see if I missed something. If I do that, it doesn't mean I hate the poster, it's just that I don't want read about online crossword puzzles, or whatever. I tend to skip philosophy, which shows what an idiot I am, eh? (Or maybe it's them.) But I like some of the philosophy posters, so sometimes I read.

A lot of people use My Posts to navigate - I never look at that. If I want to see my own latest posts, I'll go look at my profile page, which has them in reverse order.

Then there's the tagging system, new to most of us when it started on this site in 2008. That's also a way to find subject matter - just look at the right of the New Posts page and put in what want to read about. Let's say it's pizza. Type that in the box, and you'll be inundated with threads about pizza.
Similarly but different - you can look up more vague matters by clicking on search at the top of the page, little white letters on a dark blue base. Sometimes that actually works.

Be aware that questions and discussions here live a long time and you may be answering a question from five years ago (there's a date if you look for it). That's not a bad thing, as a lot of threads could benefit from being brought up to the light again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:04 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Welcome back Jack of Hearts. It's been a long time.

Didn't recognize you in this avatar. I'm used to your name in conjunction with your old SBuzz 'face'.
roger

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 05:54 pm
@ehBeth,
You know this guy from somewhere?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 06:07 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Member since May 12, 2004

didn't see him around here much - and not at all since 2006 (?)

read his postings at Seattlebuzz
roger

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 06:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh. Maybe he did his posting in the original poetry forum.
0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 06:21 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Yes, glitterbag invited me to return, and I must say that I hope my new medication works. I have been known to really need it at times.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 01:43 am
He didn't look like that on Abuzz!
Jack of Hearts

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 03:11 pm
@margo,
I've mellowed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 07:15 pm
@margo,