How did a2k evolve?

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 07:48 am
Describe how activity on able2know is thought to have evolved. Specifically describe threads and posts, and explain how they form. Describe the possible roles of these structures in the evolution of online activity and why the separation of internal and external provided by these structures or ones like them important. Describe the evidence that XML can have combined replicated and catalytic activity. Explain how this makes it likely that HTML was a major factor in the evolution of activity on able2know. Describe the sequence of steps in the evolution of loading pages. Describe the sequence of events thought to have led to the evolution of embedded youtube videos. What is the evidence that the sales evolved from symbiotic relationships among embedded gifs?

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 09:13 am
@tsarstepan,
Robert found it under a cabbage leaf.

True story.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 09:23 am
It was ordained by Dog.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 12:42 pm
@Setanta,
THAT MAKES SENSE SET! <3

I DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION! ABUZZ IS LIKE DINOSAURS! THERE IS NO CONNECTION BETWEEN ABUZZ AND A2K! ONLY DOGLESS LIBRULS ARGUE THAT ABUZZ EVOLVED INTO A2K!

WHRE IS THE MISSING LINK! THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE WEBMASTER! PRAISE BE CRAVEN DE KERE!

((OFF TOPIC: DOES ANYONE ELSE HEAR RINGING IN THEIR EARS?? MY EARS ARE PLUGGED. AM I YELLING? I DON'T THINK I'M YELLING...))
timur

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 12:48 pm
Small stories, big characters..
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 01:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

WHRE IS THE MISSING LINK! THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE WEBMASTER! PRAISE BE CRAVEN DE KERE!

Well, the missing link is obviously theravensrealm. Just because you didn't find it doesn't mean it wasn't there.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 02:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

Well, the missing link is obviously theravensrealm. Just because you didn't find it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

So is theravensrealm the Sunni of exAbuzz members who turned right at Albuquerque where as lesanarchistesartistes are the Shia of exAbuzz members who turned left at Albuquerque?
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 02:49 pm
Cf. http://able2know.org/topic/226869-1
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 04:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Er, uh, well maybe, I guess. Sort of, but not really?

Whatchu tryin' to say there, boy?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2013 09:55 pm
It all had to do with cookies that worked or didn't work if the typer was dumb, like me..
Plus a lot of loudmouths showed up back on abuzz, which was bad enough, but imposters claimed territory. Yet there emerged a whippershapper with an idea. He fledged a site, and then another, this one. This site is both great and has problems.
Despite the aggravations, this is still a really good talk site.

You'll have to pry my sneaker from my foot while I hit you with the baking pan but it's unlikely I'll leave on purpose.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 10:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not really.

I, for example, only ever read Ravensrealm for the chat.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 10:14 pm
I joined Ravensrealm because I wanted to get close to the members, all of whom, that I knew much about, had my utmost respect. I didn't participate, because I just never got a handle on it.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 10:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
I was more involved, but I think we were pretty new to the format and internet tricks an quirks. We came from Abuzz without seeing a single picture posted, and no avatars.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 10:35 pm
@roger,
Fortoonately, Robert and whomever learned fast.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2013 11:43 pm
what is this a2k you speak of

and is it walking upright yet?
roger

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 01:00 am
@shewolfnm,
Still stumbling along.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 07:39 am
I gotta admit that early on I thought Craven might have been involved in the disintegration of Abuzz. I thought he might have decided that a site that was already experiencing significant troubles might just as well be better off dead...and somehow administered a clandestine coup-de-grace using (Abuzz's) Bobsal or one of the other identities as a cloak.

My thoughts were that he wanted people to abandon Abuzz in favor of A2K.

That was the reason I resisted joining A2K in the beginning...I ended up being a late-comer to the site from Abuzz.

But I've come to the conclusion that I was wrong back then...and that Abuzz was doomed by a fatal combination of indifference and (non)profit-center concerns.

The banner of the New York Times and The Boston Globe gave that an audience that A2K has not been able to achieve. Now A2K has become a camp site for a dozen or two people...with an occasional visitor.

Too bad Abuzz is gone...and I wish A2K could recreate its glory, but that does not seem to be the way things are going.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 07:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Tsar...sorry to be serious with this obviously satirical thread...but there were things I wanted to get out there. This was the chance.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 08:57 am
@tsarstepan,
How does any website evolve?

It's the java, man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2013 09:34 am
It all began when a fella named Og built the first fire - -
0 Replies