How do I set a price to my work?

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:45 am
Ok, there's one up already, I will try to get some more today.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 09:57 am
Unusual work -- surreal and rather Art Deco. You could try reducing it a bit less. A work like that framed should be priced at somewhere around $300.00 to $400.00.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:10 am
Thank you Very Happy !

I like to think that my work is unusual, it makes me feel in a way different, sort of out of the box, plus, it gives me the feeling that I am not trying to copy anybody but rather expressing myself.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:33 am
That was gallery pricing so the framing becomes a major factor if you're direct marketing. The artist's net unframed would be around $125.00 - $150.00 unframed.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:41 am
That picture was taken before it was frame, most of my work is framed and that one is about 18" x 24", one of the largest pieces I have at the moment.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 10:54 am
Ray, I looked at your art work; it's very unusual to say the least, and I've visited most of the major art galleries on this planet. I sincerely hope you find a following; I think you have an excellent opportunity. c.i.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 11:09 am
Thank you very much Cicerone, I hope so too!
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:19 pm
Ray....I regret very much selling a piece that I did for my grad show some years ago.....At the time I needed some money but charged too little. It was one of the best paintings I have done.....

I am now painting it again but with a stronger colour scheme and more paint. I am happy with the original composition which I have as a "cartoon" tracing drawing.....

I hope it will be more successful than the original!
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 02:56 pm
Shepaints - this much I know about the topic.

I personally tend to keep most of art work, as I paint for myself and to express myself the best way I can on difficult topics. However, no matter how familiar you are with one of your pieces, you will hardly ever, be able to do an exact copy of it, especially since we developes ourself into more experience artists and will seek to cover the faults or mistakes we have seen on previous works or just simply because we have a better and richer knowledge of the techniques and our skills.

Also, I always think that the next piece is always better than the last one, no matter how emotionally attach I might become!
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 03:27 pm
There are 2 more of my work on the gallery!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 03:37 pm
I'll look.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:29 am
Where is the gallery?
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 07:33 am
If you mean the Gallery page, is on top of the page, next to the shop link.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 06:04 pm
Do you mean the Original Art page in the index?
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:21 pm
Shepaints - yes, that's where I have post 3 of my pieces. I will soon have a link to my web site where you will be able to see more of my work.
0 Replies