CNN/Time Poll/ Hillary Rodham Clinton Top Contender in 2004

Anonymous

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 06:17 pm
Well, we can certainly be proud of what we have now. 40 Million Americans without insurance, and no help in sight. That certainly sounds like a wonderful solution, if something can't be worked out, do nothing! I think it's pretty outrageous that a nation that can afford a 350 billion military, a 200 billion dollar fleet of new fighters, a star war system that has never worked and never will work, a million dollar a day aggression in afghanistan which has left Bin Laden at large, and a nice new war with Iraq which will cost billions, can't afford a national health care system. We're more interested in killing people than healing them! Well, we did get the caspian sea oil agreement that will benefit big oil, that's a bright point for the suffering!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:01 am
Attention all:

Debate guidelines for the Politics Forum have now been put in place. Please read and abide by them.

http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2594
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:41 pm
Blatham,
...I read your debate guidelines, and they basically seem like what I've been tryng to tell my wife for ten years! Her refusal to adopt these guidlines of course lead me adopt my favorite line for ending an arguement, "You right Baby" Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:43 pm
Booman

I dare not tread there.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 02:45 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Dongee3

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:15 pm
Democrat or Republican ,the President of the United States deserves respect . To compare him to a garbage collector is deplorable.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
I respect garbage collectors, and find them to be an indispensible part of society.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
I don't recall a President ever going on strike. I've seen the horror of a garbage strike.

timber
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 06:13 pm
Laughing I think we could do without a President more successfully than doing without the garbage collectors!
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 06:30 pm
Not only that, There's a slight difference in pay, and percs, that sorta' discourage a president going on strike. Wouldn't it be funny GW?... The prez says "I'm going on strike" the country sez: "SO!" Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 07:54 pm
who would notice?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:33 pm
Then its resolved? Garbage Collectors have greater immediate relevance than Presidents?

Hillary won't be happy to hear this!

timber
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:41 pm
I gotta' get this in:
...Apologies to the garbage collectors for being mentioned in the same breath. ( the devil made me say it.) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:46 pm
Hillary's used to garbage being hurled at her -- now she can hurl it back! Clinton was in command during a forced employer strike (the government shutdown) and look where that lead!

We could also do without Congress meeting but have great trepidations about the garbageman striking!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 11:43 pm
Hey! How do youse guys get the neato quotes to come out with your posts(y'know, the ones down there with the squiggly line-character-thingies over them)?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 12:57 am
snood

Right up at the top of this page you'll see a link to your 'profile' page. Go there and look for the box that says 'signature'. Merely type in what you wish and click on 'submission'. Presto chango.

Re Hillary...my god, folks would go NUTS. Blood pressure-related deaths would make the Southern Baptist Federation look like Europe after the plague (good thing); Barbara Streisand would sing "People" at the inaugeration and take the opportunity to show off her legs and I'd be watching so I'd have to experience this (bad thing), and here in Canada, we'd peer down towards a Washington without testicles and think...all in all, a good thing.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 01:06 am
Snood,
Down at the bottom of my "Signature Box" there under the squiggly thingies is a line that reads: "Links to A2K FAQ and A2K Help Forum". Guess what ... just click on one of the color-formatted words in my "Signature" and you will be instantly whisked (give or take, depending on the quality of your internet connection) to that particular page. The FAQ and the Help Forum can usually clear up any confusion you might have. Several Forum Guides have links to their forums, and other folks have links to other things. There are some pretty neat bells and whistles here.

timber
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 09:06 am
Looking at the field of potential democratic candidates, Hillary is the most viable. Could she beat Bush? I would suspect that by the time of the next election the Bush fiasco would have been evident to even the most dense. And an organ grinders monkey will be able to beat him.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2003 10:27 am
I agree Au1929,
...In a poll on another thread,* Bill Clinton is the runaway favorite as the president , with the most effective foreign policy, going back to Nixon..... Also people have already noticed that Bill's surplus, has become W's deficit....Those who are naive enoough to be puzzled by what I just said, think back to Mr. & Mrs. Governor Wallace. Rolling Eyes

...*Fighting Terrorism & Promoting Democracy... (under Politics)
0 Replies