23 US TROOPS KILLED IN PAST 3 DAYS

Titus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:19 am
Three U.S. Marines have been killed in fighting west of Baghdad, bringing the total number of U.S. troops killed since Friday to 23, the Coalition Public Information Center said Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/12/iraq.main/index.html

The deaths bring the number of U.S. troops killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom to 671.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,727 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Clary

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
It is the new Vietnam.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:41 am
Is this what Mr. Bush wanted? "Mission accomplished"?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:46 am
And he is always telling us how the Other Side targets innocent lives - how many has he taken in his war machine?
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:48 am
Good Q, clary.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:55 am
And I have just been to Cambodia, and they still remember the suffering from the carpet bombing of the eastern part of their country done by the US back in the 70s... innocents again.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 09:17 am
You guys are funny. "new vietnam..." Laughing

That's good stuff. Laughing
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 09:53 am
1. Mission Accomplished

2. Prancing Plastic Turkeys

3. Saddam Captured in December, but the Dates are Still on the Trees

All the world is Bush's stage to attain and maintain the mantle of "wartime President."

Vote the scumbag out in November and bring our troops home!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:52 pm
Just out of curiosity, how does this war compare to the duration and American casualty toll for Vietnam?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 12:53 pm
Favorably.
0 Replies

Titus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:02 pm
"Just out of curiosity, how does this war compare to the duration and American casualty toll for Vietnam?"

Not at all.

1. Vietnam lasted a generation and resulted in 58,000 needless American deaths.

2. Bush's Iraq war is a year and a month old and has resulted in 671 needless American deaths.

The similarity between the two is, we're involved in a guerilla war in Iraq where American soldiers don't know who they're fighting or even why they're there.

All the warnings are there for the USA to repeat the disaster called Vietnam -- no exit strategy and all.
[/color]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:04 pm
So how exactly does Iraq = Vietnam?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 01:06 pm
Titus wrote:
The similarity between the two is, we're involved in a guerilla war in Iraq where American soldiers don't know who they're fighting or even why they're there.

Is this correct? Why do you believe that most American soldiers don't know who they're fighting or why they're there? Do you have some poll data I could look at, or some other evidence of this?
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:14 pm
Viet Nam began small and grew into a monster. What's so difficult to understand?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:38 pm
GWB began as a small time draft dodger and the Supreme Court gave him the opportunity to become a monster.Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:20 pm
Deecups36 wrote:
Viet Nam began small and grew into a monster. What's so difficult to understand?

Why a war which has not been going on for very long, and has had casualties which are very low compared to past wars is being compared to Vietnam. The reason given above for the comparison was that the soldiers don't know why they're there or who they're fighting, and I requested some kind of evidence to back that up.

There seems to be an underlying implication in many of these threads that we ought not to get involved in any war which is difficult, or time consuming, or in which there are heavy casualties, or for which a very fast exit strategy is not clear. It seems to me that the criterion ought to be whether the war is right and necessary, and, if it is, we should do our best to win it even if it is difficult, time consuming, costly, etc. Therefore, if a war is immoral or unnecessary, it should be attacked on that basis, but not because it is hard to win. A country which is unwilling to do things which are difficult and require sacrifice is not destined to play much of a role in the future history of the world.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:38 pm
http://www.myselfpublishing.com/iraq/CarlD.jpg
Lets make this personal - my friend is there now and also my nephew but I don't have his picture - I pray for these guys everyday.

And this is the brother of another friend.
http://www.myselfpublishing.com/iraq/rick2.jpg
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:53 pm
John Webb wrote:
GWB began as a small time draft dodger and the Supreme Court gave him the opportunity to become a monster.Crying or Very sad

He joined the national gaurd - not dodging the draft like many people of that generation did. Didn't run off to Canada.

Supreme court wouldn't have been involved if it weren't for Al Gore calling foul when there was none. Al Gore couldn't even carry his own state. Show me the logic there?

Don't start talking about hanging chads. or I couldn't tell who I was voting for. If that is the case you shouldn't be voting in the first place.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:31 pm
Your friend and nephew and the brother of the friend all appear to be proud. Why would anyone want to lessen what they are doing over there by trying to force an end to it before Iraq is ready for it?
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
Iraq is not vietnam, Iraq is... well... Iraq.

It maybe guerrella warfare, but the majority of Iraqis support what we are fighting for, freedom.

That alone is enough to differentiate the two.
0 Replies