how to determine the user distribution over different number of users?

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 09:45 am
Hi

I had written a research paper, and recently I've got a revision notification from reviewers. they asked me to provide user distribution over different number of users in my data set. my data set contains 9500 records that belongs to 1400 users, and also data set have 5 fields.
do expect me bring user distribution for each of the fields? then do I need to have 5 histogram diagram in my paper? or how can I write about user distribution in my paper?

Thanks a lot in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 456 • Replies: 3
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by potential
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 03:45 pm
@potential,
Well, 9500 records between 1400 users, would mean that on average, each user would have about 25 or so records each.

If you break that down to say...four by the Beatles, a couple of Rolling Stones, one Beach Boys and say six made up from Elvis, Eddie Cochran and Roy Orbison, then the answer should be twelve.

Or James Brown, if you're working in musical terms.
0 Replies

engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 03:57 pm
@potential,
I read this as saying they want a histogram with record count on the bin axis and number of users with that number of records on the count axis. How many users contributed one record? How many two records, etc. When you say you have 1400 users and 9500 records that sounds great as long as everyone has five to six records. If 1200 of them have only one record and the remaining two hundred contribute the other 8300 records, that tells a completely different story (and one that is not nearly as good.) That is my guess as to why they are asking.
0 Replies

potential

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2013 01:08 pm
@potential,
@Lordyaswas, @engineer

Thanks a lot for your answers. Yeah, I think you're right. You solved a big problem that I was thinking about for a week Smile

Regards
0 Replies