POLL: BUSH IS IN TROUBLE WITH THE VOTERS

Titus

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 07:34 am
The latest Newsweek poll shows George W. Bush is in serious trouble the voters.

According to the poll, Senator John Kerry now leads Bush in a two-way trial heat by seven points (50 percent to 43 percent.) Even more telling of Bush's woes, after adding independent candidate Ralph Nader to the hypothetical race, Kerry enjoys a four-point lead (46 percent to 42 percent), with Nader drawing a tiny 4 percent of the vote.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4709863/

Meanwhile, just 36 percent of those polled say they are satisfied with "the way things are going in this country." More than half (59 percent) say they are dissatisfied. Such high dissatisfied numbers are close to impossible to recover from so close to a Presidential election.

At least half of those polled disapprove of Bush's handling of the economy (55 percent versus 41 percent approving), long acknowledged by political scientists as the 'bread and butter' issue for the majority of voters.

Looks like Bush II really is his father's boy after all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 555 • Replies: 4
No top replies

doglover

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:03 pm
9/12/2001 to April 2004, that's a long enough time to establish a trend and that trend is steadily down, despite peaks and valleys. Is it possible that Bush can reverse the slide? Of course. But I wouldn't put any money on it. Watch what happens a couple weeks from now when he flip-flops on the June 30th transfer date. Yep. Uh, huh.

Also, I predict Nader won't get more than 1% of the vote.
0 Replies

Deecups36

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:10 pm
Cruella d'Ville isn't available to deliver Florida this time, so I don't know what Lil ole' George is going to do! :wink:
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:09 pm
Deecups36 wrote:
Cruella d'Ville isn't available to deliver Florida this time, so I don't know what Lil ole' George is going to do! :wink:

I love your screen name there Deecups36...LOL! Very clever. If I used my bra size for my screen name I would be DeeDeecups38!

As for Florida, don't forget brother Jebbie is still the gov there and the same old right-butt kissing supreme court justices.
Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:12 pm
Too soon for polls. Wait until September or October to watch them, I say.
0 Replies