Insurgents?

pistoff

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 10:44 pm
1 : a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government.

In my view the Iraqis who are resisting US Occupation are not insurgents. They are Freedom Fighters.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 464 • Replies: 4
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:06 pm
Main Entry: 1fool
Pronunciation: 'fül
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French fol, from Late Latin follis, from Latin, bellows, bag; akin to Old High German bolla blister, balg bag -- more at BELLY
1 : a person lacking in judgment or prudence

In my view the Iraqi's who are resisting US occupation are not freedom fighters. They are fools.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:38 pm
I don't blame them for resisting, but they only want to be the new dictators, far as I can tell.
They suck.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:56 pm
freedom fighters? don't think so, to quote suzy regarding the leaders, "they only want to be the new dictators". yup.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:18 am
suzy wrote:
I don't blame them for resisting, but they only want to be the new dictators, far as I can tell.
They suck.

Agreed. These guys wanted to join the Fedayeen but they were in the wrong religious group so they couldn't. Now that Saddam is gone there are no barriers to prevent them from terrorizing people - except for the occupying troops. They could make a lot of money and have ultimate power if it were not for those pesky Coalition soldiers.

And by the way it's not the "US occupation" - there are about 50 countries in the Coalition.
0 Replies