Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:18 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Rememebr, lying doesn't matter becasue the Iraqis are now "free." Sad

exactly...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:19 pm
Why we should blame Bush et al
If you want to know why the Bush administration deserves all the blame, read the text of the August 6th DPB and see for yourself.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22576&highlight=

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:25 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Setting my own politics aside: The right's praise for Bush's leadership through this tragedy and the left's condemnation for failing to prevent it are simply opposite sides of the same hyper-partisan coin. As Centroles pointed out, there are plenty of valid reasons to bash Bush. This just isn't one of them.

Bill, again, I think what is valid is not comndemnation for failing to prevent it (who knows, impossible to say) but the fact that he is running on how well he and his administration handled it. (Would you like me to get some cites, Foxfyre? You already provided one, yourself. Yes, that is one of the things he is running on.) When the evidence seems to show that what he didn't muddle through adequately he mishandled. Afghanistan doesn't have as good of targets as Iraq sort of mishandling.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:29 pm
Facts
The Bush Regime are accountable.

The Congress should, at the very least censure the Pres. and file charges on Ms. Rice for perjury.

The Bush Regime are liars and miserable failures.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:39 pm
Sozobe, my earlier point was that both side's number one objective is winning; and that both side's campaign managers will use whatever campaign strategy their polling numbers tell them will be most effective. I wonder if that was ever not the case. Sure, in a perfect world they'd just stand up and state the un-spun truth and wait to be judged on their merits... but I suspect I'll be happily married to a Cheese wearing Penelope Cruz, long before that happens. (Subconsciously crosses fingers :wink: )
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 05:40 pm
LOL--be sure to send me an invitaton Bil Smile
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:57 pm
Facts
"By no means did he ask me to act on a plan....I don't remember the al Qaeda cells as being something that we were told we needed to do something about....The responsibility for the FBI to do what it was asked was the FBI's responsibility.....If there was any reason to believe that I needed to do something or that Andy Card needed to do something, I would have been expected to be asked to do it....There is no mention or recommendation of anything that needs to be done about them."
Ms Rice

Bushco and the FBI knew there were Al Q. cells in the US. They knew that Al Q. had bombed an Embassy and blew a hole in the SS Cole. Al Q. were warning that they would attack within the US. Al Q. had announced a plan to strike a Genoa meeting where GW Bush was going to be with a plane as a missle. The concept of striking buildings with a highjacked plane was not an unknown concept.

Ms. Rice was negligent in her job and so was GW Bush. The Al Q. personnel were in the US illegaly and should have been aprehended with all the vigour that the Govt. could have mustered. Bushco was responsible for protecting the USA and they failed to do so.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:01 am
Bush is just as responsible for 9/11 as Saddam is.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 04:17 am
I voted No. The plot was so ingenious that it couldn't have been discovered. Even if there hadn't been a law prohibiting the CIA from sharing information with the FBI, it wouldn't have done any good. Neither agency had enough information to discover what was happening.

I'm tired of all the hatemongers who want to spread lies about our President.

And I think he's a Methodist, not a fundamentalist.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 04:39 am
I am tired...
We have a right and a duty as citizens to speak out against or in favor of Govt. policy and our representatives and I for one will Godamned speak out and type what I feel and observe as long as I am able to do so. If you are tired of reading what I write you can stop reading it .

Bush Regime is a miserable failure.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 05:19 am
Type and speak what you want. But if you're spreading lies, expect the lies to be pointed out.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:52 am
Methodists and Fundamentalists
Methodists and other spiritual topics can be found in the Seekers Guide.
Methodists - An Introduction

Methodists are basically fundamentalists, with no clear doctrine but an emphasis on "living right." John Wesley founded the Methodist church while studying at Oxford University, preparing for the Anglican ministry. While there, Wesley became a leader of a band of students who sought spiritual renewal through methodical diligence in study and worship. The term "Methodists" was originally a nickname given to their study group.

Later, as an Anglican priest, Wesley traveled around England bringing a revival of the Church of England. The movement spread, but the Church of England would not ordain Wesley's priests, so he left for America in 1738 and formed the Methodist church, which spread rapidly throughout the country. The Methodist church is now the second biggest Protestant denomination in the United States.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:54 am
Methodists
When I was a teenager, I walked out of a my small town church in anger when the Methodist minister proclaimed from the pulpit that city people were inherently bad and only farm people were good.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:57 am
Tarantulas
Tarantulas, I rarely agree with Pistoff. But I've noticed that your "truths" are true while you consider Pistoff's "truths" to be lies.

Odd, don't you think?

BBB Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 10:01 am
I said "mainly" lawyers. That Bush is a second rate businessman does not alter my view.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:05 pm
Good answer, ebrown!

Bill, sure, I agree with the un-spun truth stuff -- you were saying this wasn't a valid reason to criticize ("bash") Bush, though. I think it is. The other side can go ahead and criticize Kerry for whatever platforms he is running on, too -- the jobs plan, whatever. That's fine. What I am objecting to is the idea that there should not be criticism, at all. Valid, pertinent criticism, on all sides, I'm all for.

Good luck with Penelope,though, I'm rootin' for ya. :-)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:17 pm
Having once been a Methodist and having close family who are Methodists, I can assure you Methodists are NOT fundamentalists and never have been.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:22 pm
The Methodist in my area at least are extremely progressive. In fact, they allow gay meetings within the church in Costa Mesa, California.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 03:47 pm
I don't know that any particular denomination has dibs on fundamentalism. My own family is Catholic, and are essentially fundies.
0 Replies