Associated Press spins the news

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 08:02 pm
NOTE: I've seen Ms. Jelinek's story posted on this board. I hope this article puts an end to the doubts about what the Iraqis think of the occupation.

EDIT - Well, at least I THOUGHT I saw it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We've said it many times, but the news agencies are the most pervasive sources of liberal bias in the American media. The Associated Press is very bad; this article by Pauline Jelinek, titled "U.S. Response in Iraq May Inspire Enemies," illustrates the point.

Jelinek is a lefty AP reporter who specializes in gloom and doom stories about Iraq and other fronts in the war on terror. Today's piece begins:

Quote:
With each new battle in Iraq, two things are tallied: The enemy killed and the enemy created. That observation by retired CIA operations officer Milt Bearden highlights one of the U.S. military's worst dilemmas: as it fights street by street to crush an insurgency, it is causing resentment among the very Iraqis whose hearts and minds it hopes to win.

That, of course, is a fair enough point, and one that our military keeps constantly in mind. But Jelinek takes the point beyond any balance or sense of perspective:

Quote:

Jelinek quotes Bob Kerrey's scolding of Condoleezza Rice, as though it were unimpeachably nonpartisan:

Quote:
"I don't think we understand how the Muslim world views us," Kerrey, who sits on the commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks, told Rice during her testimony. "I think the military operations are dangerously off track."
Power Line Blog
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 637 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:05 am
Re: Associated Press spins the news
You forgot to add this:

This article endorsed by the Bush Administration
0 Replies