What's the chance of Ted Cruz becoming president?

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 04:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Poor conservatives. Those rotten liberals give them such a tough time.

Funny thing...as I mentioned in another thread...conservatives from coast to coast brag about their conservatism. Their politicians brag about being the "most conservative of the lot" when in a primary. Conservative here; conservative there; conservatives everywhere.

Liberals!

Hell, you gotta turn up rocks to find them. And even then they seldom use the word "liberal" to identify themselves. And when was the last time you heard a liberal politician proclaiming his/her liberalism...or claiming to be "the most liberal of the lot?"

Never...that's when.

Conservatives outnumber liberals by double digit majorities.

Yet the liberals present a danger to the conservatives they cannot handle. Constantly crying and bemoaning what the dirty liberals are doing to them.

What a joke American conservatism is!

A bunch of tail chasers.

So you've moved your silly argument to another thread Frank.

Silly???

Oh, but no. Not silly at all.

Quote:
To the extent it indicates anything, it is that it is currently more advantageous for conservative politicians to lay claim to ideological credentials than for their liberal counter-parts.

What this can and probably means is that the ideological spectrum in the Republican Party is much wider than it is in the Democrat Party.

Jesus, Finn...not when I am drinking Orange soda. Now I gotta clean the bloody keyboard.

Quote:

When everyone is cut from the same ideological mold, there is little opportunity to draw distinctions on that basis.

Is there a point here...or did you just have those words left over from a previous post?

Quote:

It might also indicate, as McGentrix suggested, that thanks to the Vietnam era scramble to be the biggest liberal on the block, the term has negative connotations with the general public ("stinks" as he put it). Why else the move to "progressive"?

I would vote for "It has negative connotations." That was my point, Finn. You guys cry about being beat up...when you are able to brag about being conservatives...and liberals have to dig a hole.

Don't ya get it? Or are the ramifications just too upsetting?

Quote:

Do you really believe that this point-in-time situation means that there are significantly fewer self-identifying liberals (not-with-standing a reluctance to lay claim to the identity for the stink) than conservatives?

Ummmm...I do not do "believing", Finn.

My guess, however, is that there are many, many,many, many, many, many,many, many, many, many,many, many more "self-identifying" conservatives than self-identifying liberals. (I may have left out a few "many"...but you get the idea.)

Quote:
Really?

Yup, really.

Quote:

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Ummm...I do not get the applicability of this.
Finn dAbuzz

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 05:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yes silly.

Because liberal politicians have no political reason to loudly declare that they are liberal, there are no liberal politicians.

That's, at best, silly.

Whether or not they choose to self-identify as liberals, if they walk like a liberal and quack like a liberal...

Get it now?
Moment-in-Time

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 09:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Ted Cruz is the greatest gift to Democrats since the Iraq war.

Ted Cruz is a Republican nightmare and it's beginning to sink in just how much when he led a significant number to vote in favor of a debt default....these fanatics were willing to commit suicide by bringing the GOp down to its nadir point....in effect, they were destroying their own party and the consequences would have persisted in devastating the global financial market. I was reading articles recently regarding how badly Cruz is despised by his own party....loved by right-wing extremists who has as much chance of gaining the White House in 2016 as a snowball's chance in hell.

"It’s likely that no senator has created as many enemies in his party in as short a time as the junior senator from Texas."

"Why Senate Republicans Hate Ted Cruz
There’s more than one reason they despise the junior senator from Texas.
By John Dickerson

"Why do Cruz’s colleagues hate him? Based on interviews with several Republican senators and the staffs of several more, let me count the ways (in no particular order):

"He weakened the GOP’s position in the coming budget debates: Right now Republicans should be unified in their opposition to President Obama’s budget policies. The president’s approval rating is at the low end of his tenure, and the country supports the GOP’s position on reducing spending. Why did Sen. Cruz drive this enormous wedge in the Republican Party on the eve of big and important fights with the White House?"

More->

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/09/ted_cruz_is_despised_by_senate_republicans_a_list_of_the_reasons_gop_senators.html
coldjoint

Tue 29 Oct, 2013 09:49 pm
There is a lot of time until 2016. Clinton could be a curse for the Democrats if her responsibility in Benghazi is revealed. And if the responsibility lies in her lap she is doomed.

Obama has made the Democrats liars. And Hillary has lied about the video that supposedly caused Benghazi. The disregard the party has shown and contempt of the average working citizen should be hammered home.

Frank Apisa

Wed 30 Oct, 2013 04:44 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Yes silly.

Because liberal politicians have no political reason to loudly declare that they are liberal, there are no liberal politicians.

That's, at best, silly.

Whether or not they choose to self-identify as liberals, if they walk like a liberal and quack like a liberal...

Get it now?

Yup. If they do not agree with the political philosophy of the right (mostly the extreme right)...they are liberals.

No matter what...you conservatives seem to outnumber them and have by far the richer pickings. Yet they seem to be such a problem for you. And you guys are always moaning and groaning about what they are doing.

Sorta like the Super Bowl champs playing a small high school team and complaining about the tactics the high school team uses.

Do you get that?
Advocate

Wed 30 Oct, 2013 10:46 pm
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul! What a ticket! With names like that, they have to be good.
cicerone imposter

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 08:14 am
@Moment-in-Time,
<h>He loves the Spotlight so much, he doesn´t care if he destroys the GOP and our economy.
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 08:56 am
@Advocate,
Hillary(What difference does it make) Clinton. Proven liar, and who ever wants to be her lap dog as a running mate?
Advocate

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 09:15 am
@coldjoint,
What difference did it make? The people who attacked us at Benghazi were bad guys, whoever they are.
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 09:21 am
@Advocate,
So it is alright to lie to the families of the dead and blame it on a video? That is the difference it makes.

She is a liar and an elitist. And if you think Obama is power hungry, you aint seen nothing yet.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 10:28 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Hillary(What difference does it make) Clinton. Proven liar, and who ever wants to be her lap dog as a running mate?

Damn near every Democrat who is not a presidential candidate him/herself...

...that's who.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 10:30 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

So it is alright to lie to the families of the dead and blame it on a video? That is the difference it makes.

She is a liar and an elitist. And if you think Obama is power hungry, you aint seen nothing yet.

Please, coldjoint...tell me you are not accusing an American politician of lying.

Is there no end to this?
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 11:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Very funny. But her endorsement of world wide gun control, and her signing on to world wide blasphemy laws is not a lie.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 11:52 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Very funny. But her endorsement of world wide gun control, and her signing on to world wide blasphemy laws is not a lie.

Not sure how long you have been at this Internet forum game, coldjoint, but my point was that accusing an American politician of being a liar is like accusing the politician of running for elected office.

Accusing an American politician of being a liar is more useless than invoking Adolph Hitler.
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You want to continue ignoring Clintons record as SOS, go right ahead.
Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:21 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

You want to continue ignoring Clintons record as SOS, go right ahead.

I haven't said anything about her record as SOS...nor have I suggested ignoring it. I would say that if she ran for president...her term as SOS will be dissected by every Republican hack in the country.

So what is your point?
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What is the "hack" for? Our president is a hack.
Moment-in-Time

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
He loves the Spotlight so much, he doesn´t care if he destroys the GOP and our economy.

Hiya, CI.

Cruz is impressed with himself....being narcissistic, his eagerness to apply his mental prowess overshadows his ability to reasonably apply a stratagem in an exploitable manner. Preoccupation with self is most transparent in the egotistical Ted Cruz who looks with disdain on others. Cruz is also a palpable liar and one of the countries most undeniable political dissimulators.
coldjoint

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:26 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Obama is impressed with himself....being narcissistic, his eagerness to apply his mental prowess overshadows his ability to reasonably apply a stratagem in an exploitable manner. Preoccupation with self is most transparent in the egotistical Barak Obama who looks with disdain on others. Obama is also a palpable liar and one of the countries most transparent political dissimulators.

FIXED
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:35 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

What is the "hack" for? Our president is a hack.

If that is your opinion...that is your opinion. Still do not get your point.
0 Replies