I do never agree with the retirement age rising!

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 06:53 am
Well, I hear Obama's administration plans to increase the retirement age in this country from 60 years to 70! As if retired span becomes now longer than working span! Humbug! Not everyone can work even until they are 65, needless to say of 70! For instance, my husband was never able to collect any social security benefits at all. He worked until almost the very end, but he died long before his official retirement! All I (but even he!) received was 255 to help with burial expenses. And I do not want to have the same fate. Moreover, I also know many others who worked until their retirement age and only received a couple of months of social security benefits and then passed away.
Surely, our government simply would like to save money if it no longer wants to pay out benefits to own citizens. And it is the only reason for rising the retirement age now. Instead of protecting older people with retirement our authorities are spreading various crazy ideas. Something like the following: unfortunately, now too many people here exceed the retirement age; the coming deluge of baby-boomer retirees will bankrupt our economy as our country does not have enough young people to support all aged! But in reality the public is just fooled in such a way by governmental propaganda.
Maybe, then it will be better to die young instead of hand-to-month existence after our retiring, eh?
When can we finally have a government that will think of the people in this country FIRST?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 821 • Replies: 0
No top replies